Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172324252627

Thread: Pirates @ Reds 12:35 Wed 5.29.19

Re: Pirates @ Reds 12:35 Wed 5.29.19

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    This was a genuine question, btw. I really want to know what reaction I was supposed to have.
    I’m as mad as hell and I’m not going to take it anymore!!

2. Likes:

NebraskaRed (05-29-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It’s funny because hurdle will continue doing this trash forever even if no one hits his players. But somehow he gets a pass by pirates fans.
    This kind of thinking seems strangely familiar to what Bengals fans say in the fall. But then we’re called homers and babies by the non-Bengals fans on here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTimeIsNow View Post
    You’re right. I apologize for singling you out. I was talking about the mass of others that called for it. I was thinking of you guys as a whole instead of having a conversation with just you. That was my mistake.
    Maybe it was me.

Josh Bell needs to be drilled.

Screw Pittsburgh.
    Last edited by Burger Beer; 05-29-2019 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    This kind of thinking seems strangely familiar to what Bengals fans say in the fall. But then we’re called homers and babies by the non-Bengals fans on here.
    Not throwing trash at injured players being carted off the field might help

I think that was a typo and Norm meant “best”
    It was and is now fixed

Derek Dietrich and Eugenio Suarez both had at bats in the 7th inning last night when the score was 8-0. If the Pirates wanted to retaliate, they would have done it then.

It goes both ways. If the Reds hit Josh Bell the next time these 2 teams play, people are gonna say it was retaliation. I don't buy it. If the Reds wanted to retaliate, they would have just done it. It's a vicious cycle.
    They waited until getaway day to retaliate obviously. I’ve enjoyed your contributions the last year or two but sounds like you have changed in tone all of the sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    They waited until getaway day to retaliate obviously. I’ve enjoyed your contributions the last year or two but sounds like you have changed in tone all of the sudden.
    Not only that, but they waited until the getaway game was out of reach. Anyone that doesn’t think that was intentional is either delusional or stupid.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by UKWhoDey View Post
    Pittsburgh is pure trash.
    The irony drips...

"The Art Rooney Award is given annually by the National Football League (NFL) in recognition of outstanding sportsmanship on the playing field. Established in 2015, the award is named in honor of Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Rooney_Award

Not only that, but they waited until the getaway game was out of reach. Anyone that doesn’t think that was intentional is either delusional or stupid.
    I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t even think about the getaway game aspect of it. Somebody on here mentioned that Clay Holmes looked like he was ordered to do it. He did have a “hey man, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do it.” look on his face. Especially since he sucks. Can’t imagine he wanted to put a baserunner on since he is pitching for his job. Its sad to think that Hurdle put him in that situation. I kind of feel bad for Holmes. I dislike Hurdle almost as much as you guys. His tough guy act has always bothered me.
    Last edited by TheTimeIsNow; 05-29-2019 at 09:49 PM.

12. Likes:

mth123 (05-30-2019),NebraskaRed (05-29-2019)

I’m not gonna lie, I didn’t even think about the getaway game aspect of it. Somebody on here mentioned that Clay Holmes looked like he was ordered to do it. He did have a “hey man, I’m sorry. I didn’t want to do it.” look on his face. Especially since he sucks. Can’t imagine he wanted to put a baserunner on since he is pitching for his job. Its sad to think that Hurdle put him in that situation. I kind of feel bad for Holmes. I dislike Hurdle almost as much as you guys. His tough guy act has always bothered me.
    for the record, I appreciate your insight as a Pirates fan. From what I've seen, you've always been friendly and good-natured.

14. Likes:

Chip R (05-30-2019),mth123 (05-30-2019),RiverRat13 (05-29-2019)

Well if this team is allergic to 500 I at least want to see an all out brawl or two. Get some value out of Puig at least.

I think I’m most upset about Holmes (and Diaz the catcher) denying they threw intentionally to Suarez’s face. If you’re going to do it, own it. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    The irony drips...

"The Art Rooney Award is given annually by the National Football League (NFL) in recognition of outstanding sportsmanship on the playing field. Established in 2015, the award is named in honor of Art Rooney, the founding owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Rooney_Award
    Now, there's an oxymoron if ever there was...sportsmanship award named after a Steeler.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Now, there's an oxymoron if ever there was...sportsmanship award named after a Steeler.
    Yeah the Bengals are all class.

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (06-07-2019)

This is problem with the Pirates and Reds rivalry. Dietrich hits 3 bombs yesterday. Stares at one of them. Media talks about how the Pirates might retaliate. From that point on the next time the Pirates hit a guy, it is going to be taken as retaliation. It is a constant cycle. Clay Holmes is a terrible pitcher with a career 7.1 walks per nine innings. He threw inside and hit Suarez after he had already faced 3 batters with a 7-0 run lead. Why Suarez? Why wouldn't they wait for Dietrich if they wanted to retaliate? WHY WOULDN'T THEY HAVE JUST THROWN AT SOMEBODY YESTERDAY? It doesn't matter because no matter when the next time a Pirates pitcher hit a Red was going to be, it was going to be taken as retaliation.
    I didn't see the game, so I don't know much, but given the situation and timing, I kind of agree that it seems unlikely to be intentional. The problem is that the Pirates led the world in hit batters for several years since Hurdle arrived. The Reds have lost multiple players to Pirate's pitches over the years. Brandon Phillips was sidelined or played through injury a couple of times due to Pirate pitches and Suarez was sidelined last year just off the top of my head. Dietrich was hit after a HR earlier this year. I just don't think the Pirates will get the benefit of the doubt as long as Hurdle is around. He's made his bed with his past shenanigans and now he needs to lie in it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

21. Likes:

HokieRed (05-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?