Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Women's World Cup soccer

Re: 2019 Women's World Cup soccer

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Refs get to interpret, but if the arm was away from her body then you're at risk of giving up a PK. If her arm was down at her side and the deflection caught her bicep there's probably no call. It's the arm position.
    I actually don't believe that is correct anymore. If the ball hits another part of your body and then deflects into your arm you aren't supposed to call that no matter what the arm position.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I actually don't believe that is correct anymore. If the ball hits another part of your body and then deflects into your arm you aren't supposed to call that no matter what the arm position.
    Is that what happened, though? From what I could tell on the slo-mo replays it hit directly on her bicep. I don’t recall it hitting another part of her body.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

They're talking about changing the handball rule, but mostly to remove the word "deliberately." The unnatural arm position (aka away from the body) would stay in there. Pretty sure I saw ricochet handball calls this past season.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...andball-rules/
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Is that what happened, though? From what I could tell on the slo-mo replays it hit directly on her bicep. I don’t recall it hitting another part of her body.
    It was really close. I don't think there was a definitive angle. It seemed like it hit off her rib cage/side and then deflected and may have then hit her arm too. If her arm was away from her body and it hit it directly I think it would have bounced off differently than it did.

They're talking about changing the handball rule, but mostly to remove the word "deliberately." The unnatural arm position (aka away from the body) would stay in there. Pretty sure I saw ricochet handball calls this past season.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...andball-rules/
    Arlo White was talking about it earlier on Twitter and posted the new rules there and I was basing my comments off of that. In what he posted you aren't supposed to call hand ball on a kick from close range or a ball that deflects off of another body part, both of which could have been in play here.

Arlo White was talking about it earlier on Twitter and posted the new rules there and I was basing my comments off of that. In what he posted you aren't supposed to call hand ball on a kick from close range or a ball that deflects off of another body part, both of which could have been in play here.
    Ahh, I've found it. https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/06...w-into-effect/

That rule wasn't in effect for the Champions League final, where a deflected handball was called in the first minute.

Technically it now is in place, but the ball caught the Japanese defender's arm directly, which counted as this violation - "The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger." I rewatched it and it went direct to the arm.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Ahh, I've found it. https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/06...w-into-effect/

That rule wasn't in effect for the Champions League final, where a deflected handball was called in the first minute.

Technically it now is in place, but the ball caught the Japanese defender's arm directly, which counted as this violation - "The ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger." I rewatched it and it went direct to the arm.
    Can you provide a link, a visual, that shows it went directly to her arm? I tried to find one to no avail?

EDIT: Re-worded from 3 AM post-game Reds loss drunken post.
    Last edited by North; 06-26-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Fiat justitia ruat caleum. Nolo timere. Laus Deo.

Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Can you provide a link, a visual, that shows it went directly to her arm? I tried to find one to no avail?

EDIT: Re-worded from 3 AM post-game Reds loss drunken post.
    2nd video in here gives a good view - https://deadspin.com/an-unlucky-hand...cup-1835852878

Gives the explanation of the call too.

Coddle thy pitchers.

”England swings like a pendulum do,"

11. Likes:

Chip R (06-28-2019),M2 (06-27-2019)

Same line up as last game. Need Morgan to show up.

USA pre-game meal: Four-leaf clover salad.

The U.S. midfield and defense is winning balls like it was going out of style.

And I would like to know exactly which eyelash Dunn had offside on that last goal.

Coddle thy pitchers.

We're Brazil.

Coddle thy pitchers.

The U.S. midfield and defense is winning balls like it was going out of style.

And I would like to know exactly which eyelash Dunn had offside on that last goal.
    Nose hair?

17. Likes:

M2 (06-28-2019)

That ending was needlessly dramatic. How did they not review the third goal? Further why did they call it on the field? If it’s close and VAR is there, keep that flag down.

Turn Off Ads?