Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 317

Thread: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,960

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Ward narrative is convenient but I don’t know that I buy it. Granted I don’t have a BETTER explanation, but I just kind of doubt he’s somehow gotten in the heads of these guys who have been around for years and got them to totally change their approaches.

    I do think though if this offense finishes near or at the bottom of the NL this season that he shouldn’t be retained.
    It's tough to blame a bunch of people so you blame the one in charge. This is and will always be how it works. Works the same way in my line of work as well. Too many guys floundering for Ward not to be blamed IMO.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #302
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Yep, I said exactly this earlier in the thread. It is what it is I guess. This offense just kills any joy us fans could possibly get from watching this team. Total bummer.
    you hit the nail on the head this team is just no fun to watch they're just so bad at everything offensively and defensively. I still maintain I can't believe the front office when do the season with this offense expected to be competitive
    Crazy Reds Fan

  4. Likes:

    Alabama (06-11-2019)

  5. #303
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,199

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    It's tough to blame a bunch of people so you blame the one in charge. This is and will always be how it works. Works the same way in my line of work as well. Too many guys floundering for Ward not to be blamed IMO.
    I basically agree, he’s ultimately accountable and hitting coaches are very replaceable, but I’d be willing to give him the full season to get better results.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  6. #304
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,601

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    OK, so he's not perfect 100% of the time.. I'll still take him as a closer over a lot of other pitchers.. Just not in extra innings or tie ballgames..
    A decent closer should be able to pitch in a tie game. 99% of teams use their closer in a tie game at home. On the road not so much because the save is still in play, but at home? That happens a lot.

    He's got 6 losses on a team 7 games below .500. He's been nearly as much of a problem as the offense in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  7. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (06-11-2019)

  8. #305
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    55

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Another wasted pitching performance... The MVP of this team is the pitching coach(except with Iglesias)! The ONLY solid improvement from a coach on this team in years. Now our new Hitting coach either cant get these guys to make adjustments and thats ok by the front office, or these hitters are So bad as a team, They already have thrown in the season..

  9. #306
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I basically agree, he’s ultimately accountable and hitting coaches are very replaceable, but I’d be willing to give him the full season to get better results.
    Honest question do you think lot of it maybe we overtated8 the talent on offense?
    Crazy Reds Fan

  10. Likes:

    Alabama (06-11-2019)

  11. #307
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,199

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Honest question do you think lot of it maybe we overtated8 the talent on offense?
    I mean maybe but if we or anybody else did I think they’d be forgiven. Puig performing some .200 points under his usual OPS, Winker not taking walks, Peraza going backwards, Schebler and Kemp being practically unusable, and Gennett getting hurt weren’t exactly things you could have anticipated. And they ended up with some good backup plans in Iglesias and Dietrich but that only goes so far.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  12. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (06-11-2019)

  13. #308
    Member texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    17,362

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    The Dodgers lost 4 .800+ hitters (Grandal, Kemp, Puig, Machado) from last year, plus their hitting coach, and are hitting better in 2019 than in 2018. The team's non-pitcher OPS in 2019 is .829, while playing half of their games in pitcher-friendly Chavez Ravine.

  14. Likes:

    ochoa30 (06-11-2019),Revering4Blue (06-11-2019)

  15. #309
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I mean maybe but if we or anybody else did I think they’d be forgiven. Puig performing some .200 points under his usual OPS, Winker not taking walks, Peraza going backwards, Schebler and Kemp being practically unusable, and Gennett getting hurt weren’t exactly things you could have anticipated. And they ended up with some good backup plans in Iglesias and Dietrich but that only goes so far.
    you're right I just wish support office would do something to try to fix it. They sit on their hands too much for me. I'm not saying you make moves just for making moves. Other than releasing Matt Kemp they've done really nothing since the season started
    Crazy Reds Fan

  16. #310
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,956

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Get ‘em tomorrow.

  17. Likes:

    Rolando (06-11-2019),Ron Madden (06-11-2019)

  18. #311
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,601

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    Other than releasing Matt Kemp they've done really nothing since the season started
    They've recalled and subsequently optioned Cody Reed about 54 times, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  19. Likes:

    BluegrassRedleg (06-11-2019)

  20. #312
    Member Rolando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,094

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    They've recalled and subsequently optioned Cody Reed about 54 times, though.
    Lol I just did spit take
    Crazy Reds Fan

  21. Likes:

    The Operator (06-11-2019)

  22. #313
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    55

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Will there be changes in the FO if this team fails to get out of last place again??? OR will winning 5 games over last year be called a success as they are still in last place?? UGH!!

  23. #314
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    987

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    Will there be changes in the FO if this team fails to get out of last place again??? OR will winning 5 games over last year be called a success as they are still in last place?? UGH!!
    Going by the pulse of this place, anything over 70 wins will be a smashing success

  24. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Redsland
    Posts
    1,772

    Re: 6/11/2019 Reds vs Indians

    I hadn't watched the game yet, but I already knew the Reds lost when I saw that Alabama was the last poster in this thread.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator