Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Top 10 Prospects - Reds Farm

Re: Top 10 Prospects - Reds Farm

Quote Originally Posted by Old school 1983 View Post
    Write us all up a list of the things you are correct about.
    I’ll let you handle that. Can just go through all my past posts. Let me know the ones you take issue with and I’ll explain it to you

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    I’ll let you handle that. Can just go through all my past posts. Let me know the ones you take issue with and I’ll explain it to you
    I have. I’d like a definitive list. If someone calls scorecard...it should be pretty easy to say what the score was.

I have. I’d like a definitive list. If someone calls scorecard...it should be pretty easy to say what the score was.
    “Almost always right” doesn’t need much explanation or a definitive list.

“Almost always right” doesn’t need much explanation or a definitive list.
    Yes it does. What have you been right about? I see a lot of knee jerk super negative posts. Seems like you’re calling scoreboard in the 3rd inning. I’ll list.

Dodgers trade. You’re calling scoreboard on 2 prospects in A+ ball. Still don’t know if Puig or Wood get extended or if they bring back anything in a trade. I think Gray is a solid prospect. Downs seems a bit over estimated. But the play out on that is far from over.

McKay and Greene. Is Greene’s career over and I missed it? McKay made it to the MLB first, and that’s nice. Mike Leake made it to the bigs in his draft class...does that make everybody else’s pick a mistake? Greene is still a generational talent.

Wisler...yeah you cried like 2 weeks into the season the Reds didn’t keep him. How’s that looking? It’s a perfect example that’s actually played out fully enough to call. And it shows short sighted knee jerk whining.

I’m not saying the other situations will play out well...I’m saying your “analysis” is always negative and always knee jerk. These situations haven’t played out to say right or wrong.

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-30-2019)

Dodgers trade. You’re calling scoreboard on 2 prospects in A+ ball.
    Retroactively, by the way. He said nothing about the trade when it happened. He doesn't particularly even deserve this much effort.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

PepperJack (06-30-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Retroactively, by the way. He said nothing about the trade when it happened. He doesn't particularly even deserve this much effort.
    I give him the benefit of the doubt. He has been consistent in bemoaning the trade. I can respect consistency when taking a hard line stance until proven otherwise. This one hasn’t played out yet. I wasn’t saying he’s right or I am. Was saying it ain’t over yet.

But then again it’s why I asked what he’s been right about so we don’t have to guess. So please, Bama, tell us.

He's a Braves fan, it's not even like he's hiding it.

Like Tom said, save your keystrokes man.

I’m not saying the other situations will play out well...I’m saying your “analysis” is always negative and always knee jerk. These situations haven’t played out to say right or wrong.
    Easiest way to be proven "right" in all of fandom is to dismiss everyone at all times. Take the extreme negative viewpoint. Of everything. Call everyone a moron, a homer, an idiot. Hopelessly biased. Provide no analysis beyond doubt. Then, if someone overachieves, ignore it as a small sample/ career year/ luck or exclaim how high your personal expectations are and how much you want to be wrong.

This is the playbook of at least half the message board trolls and "experts" in existence, Dan Dakich, Skip Bayless, and most of the talking heads on any sports channel.

(This is one of the reasons I like Zach Lowe and Bill Simmons. Sure, they're both negative at times. But for the most part, they discuss/ analyze the things that make them happy rather than the things that are "sure to fail.")
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 06-30-2019 at 04:46 PM.

12. Likes:

I give him the benefit of the doubt. He has been consistent in bemoaning the trade. I can respect consistency when taking a hard line stance until proven otherwise. This one hasn’t played out yet. I wasn’t saying he’s right or I am. Was saying it ain’t over yet.

But then again it’s why I asked what he’s been right about so we don’t have to guess. So please, Bama, tell us.
    That’s fair enough. I will respond later on or tomo morning. Getting ready for a wedding up here in Shelbyville Tn.
    I will say I understand folks on here hating me, I have been extremely negative and abrasive at times. So no harm no foul there.

That’s fair enough. I will respond later on or tomo morning. Getting ready for a wedding up here in Shelbyville Tn.
    I will say I understand folks on here hating me, I have been extremely negative and abrasive at times. So no harm no foul there.
    Have fun at the wedding!

There is no hate from me, you could very well be right on a couple fronts, but when you fail to acknowledge the other side of the coin, are extremely negative about 99%of things, or claim being right before stuff plays out, you’re going to get some backlash.

It’s just almost impossible to shoot yourself in the foot as bad as the Reds continues to do. And it sucks wat hung guys like them play well as our minor leaguers struggle to hold their own. Throw in guys drafted right behind Hunter Greene and Jon India and it’s just maddening.
    Pausing my retirement from this forum just to post about this, because I can't help it. I know. I have a problem.

As you're a future Braves fan, allow me to give you a rundown of their excellent draft history:

2017: OMG DREW "THE AWESOME" WATERS WHO WILL BE A STAR BEST FRONT OFFICE EVAR
    Also 2017: Drafted Kyle Wright instead of Kesten Hiura or Jo Adell
    2016: Drafted Ian Anderson instead of AJ Puk
    2015: Drafted Kolby Allard instead of Walker Buehler
    2014: Drafted Braxton Davidson one pick before Michael Kopech
    2013: Drafted Jason Hursh one pick before Aaron Judge
    2012: Drafted Lucas Simms one pick before Marcus Stroman
    2011: Drafted Sean Gilmartin one pick before Joe Panik
    2010: Drafted Matthew Lipka three picks before Noah Syndergaard
    2009: Drafted Mike Minor one pick before Mike Leake
    2008: Drafted Brett DeVall three picks before Wade Miley
    2007: Drafted Jon Gilmore one pick before Todd Frazier

I just wanted to give you some usefull draft history for when you ultimately migrate over to a Braves forum, telling them that you're a diehard Braves fan but also a "realist" and feel the need to validate your opnion as being better informed than their front office's because you would CLEARLY never make these horrible mistakes. Never.

No need to thank me, Alabama. You're welcome!

*goes back to twitter*

16. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (07-01-2019),ochoa30 (07-01-2019),podgejeff_ (07-17-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Vander View Post
    Pausing my retirement from this forum just to post about this, because I can't help it. I know. I have a problem.

As you're a future Braves fan, allow me to give you a rundown of their excellent draft history:

2017: OMG DREW "THE AWESOME" WATERS WHO WILL BE A STAR BEST FRONT OFFICE EVAR
    Also 2017: Drafted Kyle Wright instead of Kesten Hiura or Jo Adell
    2016: Drafted Ian Anderson instead of AJ Puk
    2015: Drafted Kolby Allard instead of Walker Buehler
    2014: Drafted Braxton Davidson one pick before Michael Kopech
    2013: Drafted Jason Hursh one pick before Aaron Judge
    2012: Drafted Lucas Simms one pick before Marcus Stroman
    2011: Drafted Sean Gilmartin one pick before Joe Panik
    2010: Drafted Matthew Lipka three picks before Noah Syndergaard
    2009: Drafted Mike Minor one pick before Mike Leake
    2008: Drafted Brett DeVall three picks before Wade Miley
    2007: Drafted Jon Gilmore one pick before Todd Frazier

I just wanted to give you some usefull draft history for when you ultimately migrate over to a Braves forum, telling them that you're a diehard Braves fan but also a "realist" and feel the need to validate your opnion as being better informed than their front office's because you would CLEARLY never make these horrible mistakes. Never.

No need to thank me, Alabama. You're welcome!

*goes back to twitter*

The Braves don’t have to lean on the draft like Cincy. If the Reds had half the young talent Atlanta did I wouldn’t be complaining about anything here. Not to mention they are 50-36 right now. Their international signings and talent development are on another level.
    I’m trying to get away from being an ******* on here but just wanted to address that post

The Braves don’t have to lean on the draft like Cincy. If the Reds had half the young talent Atlanta did I wouldn’t be complaining about anything here. Not to mention they are 50-36 right now. Their international signings and talent development are on another level.
    I’m trying to get away from being an ******* on here but just wanted to address that post
    well the braves were caught cheating on the international market so that kind of moot but I will say that they have gotten quite a few of their prospects producing at the major league level at a very young age which is pretty impressive.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    well the braves were caught cheating on the international market so that kind of moot but I will say that they have gotten quite a few of their prospects producing at the major league level at a very young age which is pretty impressive.
    I think they would tell you that it was worth it and do it again in a heartbeat

FanGraphs dropped Trammel to a 55 FV and bumped Josiah Gray to a 50FV. Say Gray is just scratching the surface and that they arent confident Trammel can pull the ball with authority, which isn’t good for a corner of spot.

Turn Off Ads?