Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Rangers @ Reds 6-15-19

Re: Rangers @ Reds 6-15-19

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot52 View Post
    Your quote is pretty ridiculous.
    Barnhart was a good catcher and decent offense for the Reds over the past 2 years.
    Winker hit 9-10 HRs in April?
    Dietrich a trifecta HR game and a lot of pop early this year.
    Peraza played some good baseball for the Reds last year.
    Farmer had great production this season. 5 HR for like 50 AB.
    Shebler a 30 HR man in 2017.
    Yeh, your statement is pretty ridiculous.
    None of those players have a MLb track record that would make you think this is out of the ordinary. I said some of them have had a good year at times. Let’s not act like they are a bunch of all stars having bad years.

2. Likes:

Alabama (06-15-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RR1971 View Post
    None of those players have a MLb track record that would make you think this is out of the ordinary. I said some of them have had a good year at times. Let’s not act like they are a bunch of all stars having bad years.
    Yeh. They've been productive players. I didn't say All-Stars. They have been PRODUCTIVE in the Major Leagues. You said none of them have been productive.
    Think before you hit SEND.

Yeh. They've been productive players. I didn't say All-Stars. They have been PRODUCTIVE in the Major Leagues. You said none of them have been productive.
    Winker has never played a full season. Vanmeter is a rookie. Farmer has about 200 career plate appearances. Peraza and Schebler have a good year, maybe two with Peraza. Dietrich is a 250 bitter who swings for the fences and is having year so nothimg is wrong with him. Tucker is a career 250 hitter. It’s just a group of players who overall have no long track record that would lead me to be surprised. Nobody picked this team to make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by RR1971 View Post
    Lol this is how the majority of redszone thinks. None of them have sustained success. None of them are talented enough to do so either. Just because they have a few good months in a ****ty lineup doesn’t mean they are legit major leaguers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I said last week that I’d give Turner Ward some rope but that rope is thinning, I just don’t get how they are performing this poorly offensively. Maybe another voice could get at least average results.
    Come on buddy, it’s just bad luck. We will play to our run differential at some point and break out of the cellar. Keep your chin up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama View Post
    Come on buddy, it’s just bad luck. We will play to our run differential at some point and break out of the cellar. Keep your chin up.
    go jerk it to Braves highlights you washed up wannabe
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-15-2019),Rolando (06-16-2019)

Tom, that’s extremely rude. Who’s the mod here? Surely that’s a violation

Tom, that’s extremely rude. Who’s the mod here? Surely that’s a violation
    "The premier discussion forum for Reds baseball and other MLB teams."

Where some "I used to know some ballplayers in high school" sadsack gets to post all day about how he just knows he's mentally tougher than Taylor Trammell and is somehow convinced that if he just posts enough that he can get the Reds organization to change.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Wow amen brother!!!
    Crazy Reds Fan

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (06-15-2019)

"The premier discussion forum for Reds baseball and other MLB teams."

Where some "I used to know some ballplayers in high school" sadsack gets to post all day about how he just knows he's mentally tougher than Taylor Trammell and is somehow convinced that if he just posts enough that he can get the Reds organization to change.
    Again, Tom, this is a hostile attack. Ive been negative but never personal. Check yourself before you get your feelings hurt.

Again, Tom, this is a hostile attack. Ive been negative but never personal. Check yourself before you get your feelings hurt.
    You were literally trolling me. My feelings are fine, I just wish this place wasn't so accommodating to obvious bad actors like yourself.

15. Likes:

Joey Blotto (06-16-2019),RiverRat13 (06-16-2019),Rolando (06-16-2019)

Your quote is pretty ridiculous.
    Barnhart was a good catcher and decent offense for the Reds over the past 2 years.
    Winker hit 9-10 HRs in April?
    Dietrich a trifecta HR game and a lot of pop early this year.
    Peraza played some good baseball for the Reds last year.
    Farmer had great production this season. 5 HR for like 50 AB.
    Shebler a 30 HR man in 2017.
    Yeh, your statement is pretty ridiculous.
    Actually yours is 50/50.

Farmer had never been a productive major leaguer because up until this year he’s never really played much in the majors.
    So he has 5 homers in 50 ABs this year. Even Roger Metzger and Greg Gross would hit 10 homers with the ball they are using now.

Van Meter? He’s never been in the majors until just a month ago? He’s not hit much to begin with. The minors is not the majors so how can he be a productive major leaguer. Maybe if he played more he could. But he’s not now nor had he ever been.

Barnhart was barely average for 1 year as a hitter. That’s it. He’s dropped off a cliff now which makes it look
    Like he was Johnny Bench the last 2 years. But don’t act like he’s been a productive hitter.

Winker has regressed badly. But only 1 year has he played and that was last year.

So you’re about 50/50 in your assessment. So he’s not wrong or right and neither are you.

Just some off the wall rants lately from people that make some decent points and complete misinformation and non-sense along with it. The Reds are losing again so all rationale is going out the window now.

17. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    It's definitely a better product than '17 and '18; there's really no legitimate argument otherwise.

The fly in the ointment: It was/is virtually impossible for the front office to compensate for the relative inaction of the aforementioned seasons in one single off-season.
    They are on pace for 71 wins. They won 69 last yr. That difference is negligible.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They are on pace for 71 wins. They won 69 last yr. That difference is negligible.
    That may well happen if impending FAs are dealt away, but it's still worlds better, IMHO, than last season's predictable train-wreck, in which the Reds were realistically eliminated from playoff contention by Memorial Day. At least, as a fan, each game can be approached with the mindset that this team with this roster has a much better shot to win on a day-in, day-out basis.

Most importantly, some semblance of a starting pitching plan - albeit at least two seasons too late - has been implemented. The first such plan since the initial plan of building the rotation around Bailey, Disco and Iglesias fell apart. That beats the snot out of depending upon a rotation fronted by often-injured Bailey, Finnegan and Disco with nary a single contingency plan in place.

Still, as I stated previously, it doesn't come close to compensating for sitting on your hands for virtually 2.5 seasons, while the value of assets decline.
    Last edited by Revering4Blue; 06-16-2019 at 12:07 PM.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

20. Likes:

mth123 (06-16-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    It's definitely a better product than '17 and '18; there's really no legitimate argument otherwise.

The fly in the ointment: It was/is virtually impossible for the front office to compensate for the relative inaction of the aforementioned seasons in one single off-season.
    This is exactly why they need to start working on next year right now. They need to add a couple of pieces at this deadline that can fill roles next year or be flipped for players who can fill roles next year. They need even more this winter than they did last. The need 2 starting pitchers, at least one a frontline starter. They need 2 high leverage relievers. They need a second baseman and a Shortstop. They need at least one corner OF and maybe two. Catcher could use an upgrade. There isn't anyone coming from within at the start of 2020. Maybe Stephenson in the bullpen, but that's a long shot IMO. This has to be the priority for the rest of the year. Wining an extra 4 or 5 games won't mean anything. If they can deal some of the FA for possibilities or trade chits, they should do it asap. Holding them to win a few more games between now and the end of the year is the wrong priority. I'm against tanking and want to win every game possible, but it isn't the first order of business now.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

22. Likes:

Revering4Blue (06-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?