Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 61 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Grayson Allen needs to be put to sleep. BTW, the thing that kicked off his whole extended tantrum is he bricked two free throws.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...grant-williams
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (07-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

It's announced that Brian Wheeler won't be coming backn as Radio Announcer for the Trailblazers due to a continuous illness.

He was Schonz' equal from the first season.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-13-2019 at 11:55 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    1. Houston
    2. Portland
    3. Golden State
    4. Brooklyn (if Dinwiddie, lower if LaVert starts)
    5. Indiana
    6. Philadelphia
    7. Utah
    8. Denver
    9. Miami
    10. Sacramento

I considered Boston, but don't really believe Jaylen Brown is an actual guard. The Pels could slide in as well if Shai builds on last season.
    As I've been thinking more about this, I think we might have some PPG tiers. Here's their combined PPG from last season:

Houston - 59.0 (Harden & Russ)
    Portland - 46.8 (Dame & C.J.)
    Golden State - 48.4 (Steph & D'Lo)
    Brooklyn - 37.5 (Kyrie & Harris), 40.5 (Kyrie & Spence)
    Indiana - 34.4 (Dipo & Brogdon)
    Philly - 33.5 (Simmons & Richardson)
    Utah - 44.9 (Conley & Mitchell)
    Denver - 31.1 (Murray & Harris)
    Miami - 32.4 (Butler & Goran)
    Sacramento - 38.0 (Fox & Hield)
    Boston - 38.6 (Kemba & Brown)
    Nola - 39.3 (Jrue & J.J.)
    Last edited by M2; 07-13-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Coddle thy pitchers.

dp
    Last edited by M2; 07-13-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Coddle thy pitchers.

It's mind-boggling when you think about how many good teams aren't going to make it out of the 1st Rd in the West this year.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (07-13-2019),goreds2 (07-16-2019)

You guys know I知 obviously not a big Russ fan. That said, I知 fascinated to see how he and Harden coexist in Houston. I知 not sure it痴 a great basketball fit but we shall see. Crazy how badly HOU wanted to dump CP3 to do that deal.

I love Utah痴 backcourt. Conley is a terribly underrated PG and I think his presence elevated Mitchell, who was probably looking at a mini breakout anyway.

Another intriguing mix is Russell in Golden State with Steph and Draymond. Russell痴 talent is enormous and he finally started to really tap it last year. If he takes coaching and buys into the system they have going, he could be the sneaky best move of the offseason imo. Big if though.

Portland痴 backcourt is great on paper but for whatever reason I don稚 think those two compliment each other. Games I watch always seems like one or the other.

Denver could take a leap. Indiana will be interesting. I love D但aron Fox in Sacramento, though I知 not sold on Hield. I do like Bagley and Giles there預 fun team to watch.

The player I知 most looking forward to seeing is Ja Morant this season. I would have taken him #1 overall but I get why New Orleans has to take Zion. I was blown away by how rounded Morant誕 game was in college and his athleticism is stunning. I think he could be a top 5 guard in the league in a couple years.

I'm pretty excited about this. I really like this kid on a personal level. As a PG, he's excellent. Great floor vision. His shot was weak going into the draft and thus his stock drop. Defensively, he learned well at Gonzaga. I'm curious to see his shot improvement. He comes from that extremely deep draft of 2017. Conley will help his growth tenfold. I wish him luck. I wanted Portland to get him as a 3rd PG, but those Turner and Crabbe contracts were the gifts that kept on giving.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

The Jazz are signing Nigel Williams-Goss to a 3-year contract, according to Tony Jones of The Athletic.

Utah initially selected Williams-Goss with the 55th overall pick in the 2017 draft after a stellar career at Gonzaga. However, he has played in Europe for the last two years and is now ready to make the jump to the NBA. Per Jones, Utah is bringing in Williams-Goss "to play at the back of the roster... If he doesn’t play much for the Jazz, expect him to get developmental minutes" in the G League.

SOURCE: Tony Jones on Twitter

While it may seem obvious that POR needs a backup big for when Zach and Hassan get into foul trouble, I believe some here have had it right (nobody in Portland seems to be aware of this, as it is always pooh-poohed by anyone suggesting it) that Skal is going to be that guy and will get every opportunity to develop and will be that 3rd Big bridging the gap until Nurkic can take his place.

So, that leaves the 14th roster spot going to a Veteran PG who can hit a "3", who acts as a calming influence as Simons develops into a Shooter/Playmaker.

Shaun Livingston adds Defensive toughness and height to a Guard Unit that lacks both. Bayless adds pure PG skills and can shoot, but is a sieve Defensively.

Maybe Collison could find Jesus in Portland? Nah...not in this town, the town with the most strip clubs, most taverns and fewest churches per capita of any major City in the U.S.

There are others.

I think we'll add a big on a two-way contract who showed promise at the Summer League.

But, a true Veteran PG is needed badly on this team.

With so many teams completely changing their rosters, after three months of playing together along with camp, most are going to want to tweak their roster again before the trade deadline as teams will certainly remain unbalanced one way or another. Patience will be key for G.M.'s over the next five months.

What a long, strange trip it's been...

CAREER TRANSACTIONS:

Selected in the second round (33rd overall) of the 2010 NBA Draft by the Sacramento Kings…
    signed by the Kings on July 8, 2010…
    waived by Sacramento on July 16, 2012…
    signed by the Sioux Falls Skyforce of the NBA G League on Dec. 5, 2012…
    traded by the Skyforce to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in exchange for Damian Saunders on Jan. 3, 2013…
    signed with Amchit Club of the Division A Lebanese Basketball League in May 2013…
    signed with Jin Qiang Sichuan of the Chinese National Basketball League on May 26, 2013…
    signed with Al Moutahed Tripoli of the Division A Lebanese Basketball League on Nov. 13, 2013…
    signed with Jiangsu Tongxi of the Chinese Basketball League in May 2014…
    signed by the Memphis Grizzlies on Sept. 25, 2014…
    waived by Memphis on Oct. 22, 2014…
    re-signed by the Grizzles on Nov. 19, 2014…
    waived by the Grizzlies on Nov. 20, 2014…
    joined the Iowa Energy on Nov. 21, 2014…
    signed by the HEAT as a free agent on Nov. 24, 2014…
    re-signed with the HEAT on July 7, 2016...
    traded to Portland July, 2019 for one year...
    signs...
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-14-2019 at 09:16 PM.

My first comment about Whiteside on Redszone per their archive search:

From January 25th, 2015 (2 months and 1 day after the Heat signed him as a Free Agent):

Quote Originally Posted by kingspoint
    The first time I saw him against us, the Heat were still trying to understand, "Is he really that good?" So, despite that he dominated while he was in the game against us, Spoelstra kept taking him out and used him sparingly in a game that Whiteside could have easily turned in Miami's favor had he been in the game more. He impacts both ends of the floor, with his shot-blocking (Damian was constantly looking for where the guy was and changing his shot when he went to the basket), his in-the-paint scoring, and his rebounding.

He's already making an impact this season, and if Miami can get into the playoffs, he can be a great asset in the slow-down, half-court playoff basketball that prevails during the post-season.

Yes. Nice Triple-Double with the 12 blocks. Wait until he learns how to play basketball at the pro-level. (tongue-in-cheek)

So, he clearly struggled learning "professional" basketball in Miami, especially after getting paid more than anyone on the team. Hopefully, he can take a step forward this season and revive his career. Even in his worst year last year, he was still a Top-5 Defensive Rebounder and the #2 Offensive Rebounder (% of opportunities), a decent Defender (not as good as Adebayo) who could get right back to Top-5 (for Centers) with a new attitude and change of scenery, while his inability to get an assist should change in Stott's system where Centers learn how to pass from the high post.

I don't see how he averages less than 13 rebounds per game.

His play could vault Portland into one of those 2nd Round matchups next season. Can't see Nurkic Starting during the playoffs.

That game I had seen him was January 8th, 17 days before my comment so it was fresh in my mind. We won 99-83 to push our record to 28-8 (the ill-fated Wesley Matthews Achille's blowout season and subsequent blowup of the team).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-15-2019 at 01:12 AM.

What an amazingly accurate draft profile from 2010 that reads like Nostradamus:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...hiteside-5660/

Very early end of regular season prediction:

Orlando will finish the regular season with a Top-3 Defensive Rating among Eastern Conference teams.

It's not really a bold prediction: They were 6th last season, only 8/10th's of a point from 3rd, and didn't get going until about a 3rd of the way into the season. They added Aminu, were ready to start Bamba of not for their success last season changing their minds about signing Vukevic. PG continues to be their weakest issue, but it's also the most abundant of resources in the NBA and they should be able to find a solution there. Bamba, Aminu and Ross on the 2nd Unit is strong. Their biggest competiton should be MIA, IND amd MIL.

Here's a link to verify it at the end of the year:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced...onference=East

Any team that finishes 3rd Defensively is going to be competing for home-court in the 1st Round.

17. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (07-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Very early end of regular season prediction:

Orlando will finish the regular season with a Top-3 Defensive Rating among Eastern Conference teams.

It's not really a bold prediction: They were 6th last season, only 8/10th's of a point from 3rd, and didn't get going until about a 3rd of the way into the season. They added Aminu, were ready to start Bamba of not for their success last season changing their minds about signing Vukevic. PG continues to be their weakest issue, but it's also the most abundant of resources in the NBA and they should be able to find a solution there. Bamba, Aminu and Ross on the 2nd Unit is strong. Their biggest competiton should be MIA, IND amd MIL.

Here's a link to verify it at the end of the year:

https://stats.nba.com/teams/advanced...onference=East

Any team that finishes 3rd Defensively is going to be competing for home-court in the 1st Round.
    And PHI, BOS and BRK. And TOR isn't still a pretty decent team.

Unless they get a good PG, I don't think the Magic are all that much of a threat to finish top 4 in the EC. They look like the #8 team in the conference to me.

Coddle thy pitchers.

Demar Derozan is on the block...smart move by the Spurs...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

20. Likes:

M2 (07-16-2019)

Turn Off Ads?