Turn Off Ads?
Page 61 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

POR hosts DEN opening night and then goes on the road for 13 of 17. They are going to be hardpressed to be at .500 after 18 games.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm stunned, STUNNED that Demarcus Cousins is a psychopath. Who could have ever seen that coming?!?

4. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-27-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I'm stunned, STUNNED that Demarcus Cousins is a psychopath. Who could have ever seen that coming?!?
    Missed the story. What's up?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

He ceded the high ground quickly in that argument.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Wow.

And, here I mitakenly thought he was finally maturing the last few years.

Turns out he wasn't. He still has the maturity of a 3-year old, the brain of an animal, but had for a brief moment in his life, the ability to avoid showing those traits in public.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Team USA coach Gregg Popovich said Harrison Barnes is the only player on his team who "knows how to win."

"Pop trusts him," said Steve Kerr. "Pop talks about it all the time with our staff. He knows he can count on [Barnes] to make the right play and to execute under pressure." This is a bit of a dig at veterans like Kemba Walker and Brook Lopez, but then again Team USA can't afford to be precious after losing an exhibition in Australia last week. The international play should ensure that Barnes is in rhythm for training camp, but he faces increased competition for minutes with Trevor Ariza joining Nemanja Bjelica in the Kings' forward rotation this year.

SOURCE: The Athletic

This could be very good for DET and allow them to "successfully" rest both Drummond and Griffin more. I'm not a Drummond fan, anyway, and a Maker/Griffin 5/4 combo would be better than Drummon/Griffin 5/4 combo if Maker gets back to doing what he can do best.

Thon Maker said he plans to be far more aggressive next season with the Pistons.

Maker has spent this offseason training in Orange County, California with Jordan Lawley, a respected NBA skills coach. Per Lawly, the Pistons staff told Maker they want him to be far more aggressive and put the ball on the ground and get to the rim. "It gave him the realization that he痴 back to normal," Lawley said. "It gave us the opportunity to work on those things that he痴 been doing his whole career; he痴 just had to put it on pause while he was at Milwaukee." Maker fantasy value is very limited next season, as long as Andre Drummond stay healthy.

SOURCE: Fox Sports

Never saw this coming..., but I suppose they looked at their possible options for the next three seasons and judged this one to be one of their best possible moves...

Eric Gordon has agreed to a four-year extension with the Rockets worth $75.6 million, according to Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle.

Per Woj, Gordon will get three years, $54.5 million guaranteed on his extension. He was entering the final year of his deal, but the Rockets opt to lock him up on a decent contract considering the rising cap. Gordon will be 35 at the end of this extension, so it does carry some risk for the Rockets, especially given his early-career injury history.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

In Honor of the NFL season opener, watch latest video of Sixers Mike Scott getting into fight in Eagles parking lot before Redskins-opener.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/09/wa...ns-opener.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    In Honor of the NFL season opener, watch latest video of Sixers Mike Scott getting into fight in Eagles parking lot before Redskins-opener.

https://www.nj.com/eagles/2019/09/wa...ns-opener.html
    I just wish more Mike Scotts had been there to punch more Eagles fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I just wish more Mike Scotts had been there to punch more Eagles fans.
    If you just leave Eagles fans to themselves, they punch each other.
    Last edited by M2; 09-11-2019 at 12:43 AM.

15. Likes:

Boston Red (09-10-2019),Revering4Blue (09-10-2019)

I know international basketball is a different animal, but somebody ought to try to pilfer Juancho Hernangomez off the Nuggets. He looks like a quality stretch 4.

The United States is out at the FIBA World Cup. France ousts them in the quarterfinals. No medals will be brought home.

Rudy Gobert was dominant in France's 89-79 win over the United States, finishing with 21 points (6-of-12 FGs, 9-of-10 FTs), 16 rebounds, three blocked shots, two assists and one steal in 34 minutes.

Gobert put forth an impressive effort on both ends of the floor as France ended the United States' 58-game win streak in Olympics/world championship competition. The double-double and three blocked shots certainly stick out, as he was effective both when the US had a conventional big on the floor (Myles Turner or Brook Lopez) and when they went small. His work at the foul line should not be overlooked, either. In this tournament Gobert, a 63.6% shooter for the Jazz last season, has shot 78.8% from the foul line. If he can his free throw percentage up around 70% this season, that would only add to Gobert's fantasy value.

SOURCE: FIBA

Evan Fournier shot 4-of-8 from three in France's 89-79 win over the United States, finishing with 22 points (9-of-21 FGs), four assists and three rebounds.

France advanced to the semifinals of the FIBA Basketball World Cup on Wednesday, setting up a date with Argentina in Beijing. Fournier, who shot just 34.0% from three with the Magic last season, is now 13-of-29 (44.8%) from distance in this tournament. Of course the three-point line in FIBA competition is a little closer to the basket than the NBA line, but this has been a good tournament for a player who wanted to improve his perimeter shooting this summer. If Fournier can carry this over into the NBA season, his fantasy value improves in both eight- and nine-category leagues.

SOURCE: FIBA

Turn Off Ads?