Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 (I知 not your fwend buddy!)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    CP3 would make them better, giving them a chance to play respectable basketball for a few years before they're plunged into a complete rebuild.
    If this were 2015, I'd agree with you.

It's not.

Chris Paul is good when healthy. He's not great anymore. And his body is shot.

Stay. Away.

There are far better targets who will cost far less.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If this were 2015, I'd agree with you.

It's not.

Chris Paul is good when healthy. He's not great anymore. And his body is shot.

Stay. Away.

There are far better targets who will cost far less.
    I'd go for other targets first, but it is possible the Pistons end up frozen out.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I like the moves the Pistons made both last Summer and during the season. I don't see them screwing that up by doing something stupid and getting involved with Chris Paul.

Detroit will continue their improvement this year with patient moves.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Chris Paul and John Wall are hot potatoes that WAS and HOU are stuck holding.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

6. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (06-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Chris Paul and John Wall are hot potatoes that WAS and HOU are stuck holding.
    Could always swap them for each other.

Just saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Could always swap them for each other.

Just saying.
    That's actually a fantastic idea and it wouldn't surprise me that Morey pulls it off. HOU would have to include their 1st Rd pick.

That's actually a fantastic idea and it wouldn't surprise me that Morey pulls it off.
    It would likely take Wall and Mahinmi to do it, but Wall would be a better fit next to Harden in D但ntonis system.

CP3 in Washington though, not so much.
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It would likely take Wall and Mahinmi to do it, but Wall would be a better fit next to Harden in D’Antonis system.

CP3 in Washington though, not so much.
    Wall is a whole lot better than Paul at this point, while Paul is only good for about 60 games in a season which includes the playoffs.

WAS would only do this for a draft pick. They can't get out of the Wall contract, but they could at least get something for it.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-18-2019 at 10:58 PM.

Wall is a whole lot better than Paul at this point, while Paul is only good for about 60 games in a season which includes the playoffs.
    Agreed. Wall just needs a change of scenery. Houston would likely be the rejuvenation his career needs.

Agreed. Wall just needs a change of scenery. Houston would likely be the rejuvenation his career needs.
    It is almost impossible to mend Harden and Paul. Both franchises need to figure this out.

I like the moves the Pistons made both last Summer and during the season. I don't see them screwing that up by doing something stupid and getting involved with Chris Paul.

Detroit will continue their improvement this year with patient moves.
    Last summer their moves were signing Bruce Brown, Jose Calderon, Glenn Robinson III, Zaza Pachulia, Kyri Thomas and Zach Lofton. None of them did squat. Only move they made that netted them anything was grabbing Wayne Ellington of the scrapheap in February, and now he's a UFA.

Last summer their moves were signing Bruce Brown, Jose Calderon, Glenn Robinson III, Zaza Pachulia, Kyri Thomas and Zach Lofton. None of them did squat. Only move they made that netted them anything was grabbing Wayne Ellington of the scrapheap in February, and now he's a UFA.
    Well, they did pick up Dwayne Casey, the reigning Coach of the Year. But yeah, underwhelming for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    Well, they did pick up Dwayne Casey, the reigning Coach of the Year. But yeah, underwhelming for sure.
    Casey is what makes me think they've got to do something more this summer. They've got to throw him a bone, and the #15 pick doesn't count. About the only thing they can do is move expirings for more productive players on longer-term deals.

What they did last Summer was sort out a lot of the mess they had.

Turn Off Ads?