Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Wild NL Central

The Wild NL Central

Of the five, the least confidence I have is in the Pirates. Not only are they just over a week removed from a terrible stretch, but their upcoming schedule is brutal. They don't play a team with a current losing record -- or even .500 -- until they visit the Mets on July 26. For real. There are 26 games before that. I expect a fade, but you never know.

Of the top four, obviously the Reds are the worst bet to win the division, but I'm intrigued. They just swept the Astros and then split in Milwaukee. After two games in Anaheim, they return to Cincinnati for a homestand that could define the rest of the season. They'll play the Cubs three times and Brewers four before a two-game series with the Indians. Then it's the All-Star break. If they win the series against the Cubs and Brewers, they have a real chance to be a player in the division.
    https://www.cbssports.com//mlb/news/...p-to-the-hype/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Wild NL Central

The Pirates have an insane run differential, and everyone keeps writing them off for good reasons (their pitching...woof), and yet their offense keeps winning them games over and over again. Look at their sweep of the Padres for the most recent example of this.

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (06-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    The Pirates have an insane run differential, and everyone keeps writing them off for good reasons (their pitching...woof), and yet their offense keeps winning them games over and over again. Look at their sweep of the Padres for the most recent example of this.
    This division is really too tight to call right now.

Just 5.5 games separate first place from last place, we still have a long way to go.

I think it'll come down to the Cubs and Brewers like it did last yr. As for our Reds, the challenge will be to finish .500

At the very least nobody is able to completely write the Reds off as a contender in the division. Now post season? Ehhhhh.. I'm not overly confident at this point, but you never really know now do ya?

8. Likes:

OhioRiverBarge (06-24-2019),Ron Madden (06-24-2019)

I think the Cubs end up winning it by a few games with the Reds and Cards in lockstep by the end of it. The Brewers end up a few games back on them because there is no way they holdup with the pitching as it currently is IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    At the very least nobody is able to completely write the Reds off as a contender in the division. Now post season? Ehhhhh.. I'm not overly confident at this point, but you never really know now do ya?
    It's pretty refreshing that we're still talking about what's possible this season and not already talking about next year by this point.

11. Likes:

HammerTime (06-25-2019),NC Reds (06-24-2019),OhioRiverBarge (06-24-2019),Ron Madden (06-24-2019),The Operator (06-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    It's pretty refreshing that we're still talking about what's possible this season and not already talking about next year by this point.
    Ain’t that the truth..

I tune in every game knowing we have a real chance to win, even last week against the Astros.

Turn Off Ads?