Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds @ Angels 6-25-19

Re: Reds @ Angels 6-25-19

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    We don’t know that it bailed him out. He likely pitches Peraza differently with bases having runners everywhere vs him leading off.

His deception helped pick off Peraza
    But we do know that it didnt help the Reds. That's for sure. Not saying the guys sucks but he has not been great tonight at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Once.

Just once I would enjoy watching the Reds draft and develop a quality big league starter.

Literally every other team in baseball is capable of doing it. Not the Reds, though.

Just. Once.
    Were you around when they drafted Leake? There's your one.

Quote Originally Posted by bottom_feeder View Post
    I think you would be hard pressed to anyone last winter that thought Peraza was untouchable.
    But if it boosts your self esteem to believe you are so smart, good for you.
    People might have been hesitant to dump Peraza over the winter due to lack of depth at SS at the organization.. you know, someone has to play there.
    Did I say he was viewed as untouchable? Are you feeling touchy? I'm just saying I put the idea out and nobody was really saying "yeah, let's sell high". I'm no sage, I didn't think Peraza would regress like this, I'm just in favor of being proactive and wasn't see many other suggestions to trade Peraza.

The Reds picked up a SS for nothing, so that's a great argument about "nobody wanted to trade Peraza because of depth reasons" you've got there.

And they would have laughed at that proposal.
    Yeah it obviously wouldn't have gotten that done, we know that now. Glad you're keeping me in line here, boss man.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Were you around when they drafted Leake? There's your one.
    I gotta be honest; I forgot all about him! Yes, he should be included, though the Reds didn't really do much to develop him. He sprung forth fully formed from the draft like Athena from the head of Zeus.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

6. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-25-2019)

You know, I may not make it through this one. Tired. Rally doesn't look like the Reds' night. I'll stay up as long as I can, but two running mistakes and Mahle's breakdown plus the lazy offense just has me down.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I really think that most of Mahle's issues are mental. He gets rattled easily. Whether or not he can get that under control is the question.

9. Likes:

Tony Cloninger (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    But we do know that it didnt help the Reds. That's for sure. Not saying the guys sucks but he has not been great tonight at all.
    Great > formidable

He just looks better in general than I thought he was

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I think anyone expecting Tyler Mahle to be Chris Sale would have had their head way up in the clouds. He was always more Rick Porcello.

Hope springs eternal for Nick Lodolo though.
    Nobody said they expected Tyler Mahle to be Chris Sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    Nobody said they expected Tyler Mahle to be Chris Sale.
    I was having a conversation with RTG, weren't you leaving for vacation or some nonsense.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (06-25-2019),Ron Madden (06-25-2019)

Also, it never seems like the Reds play well after a day off.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Great > formidable

He just looks better in general than I thought he was
    Hes a pretty good pitcher. Just cant stay healthy. Just wish the Reds could have that AB back with the bases loaded in the first when he was struggling. The whole game could be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I really think that most of Mahle's issues are mental. He gets rattled easily. Whether or not he can get that under control is the question.
    Mahle’s biggest three problems are that he’s only 24, he throws up in the zone, and the Reds don’t score for him.

17. Likes:

bottom_feeder (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Mahle’s biggest three problems are that he’s only 24, he throws up in the zone, and the Reds don’t score for him.
    and how often he throws up in the zone (or smack dab in the middle) is often because he gets rattled.

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Hes a pretty good pitcher. Just cant stay healthy. Just wish the Reds could have that AB back with the bases loaded in the first when he was struggling. The whole game could be very different.
    I wish Angels #8 hitter didn’t Mazara a ball into the stands like he did

20. Likes:

ochoa30 (06-25-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    All of his numbers are better this year than last year. I think the 24 you mentioned may be the important number. If he continues to get better he can be really good.

Turn Off Ads?