Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: RIP Tyler Skaggs

Re: RIP Tyler Skaggs

Just wondering, has there been a cause of death for Skaggs announced? I've been out of the loop on just about everything recently and hadn't heard anything else about his death.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Just wondering, has there been a cause of death for Skaggs announced? I've been out of the loop on just about everything recently and hadn't heard anything else about his death.
    I read something that said the autopsy wouldn't be completed until October. (I thought that seemed like an awfully long time.)
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (07-15-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I read something that said the autopsy wouldn't be completed until October. (I thought that seemed like an awfully long time.)
    Yes it does. I know toxicology reports take a while but that seems really long for that too.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Oxycodone, fentanyl and alcohol in his system.

Painkillers and booze, a lethal combination

9. Likes:

Always Red (09-01-2019)

They're investigating the role of an Angels' employee in Skagg's death.

Tyler Skaggs autopsy

Didn't see other thread... Mods, please delete.

Drugs...
    Last edited by North; 08-30-2019 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    They're investigating the role of an Angels' employee in Skagg's death.
    sounds like the family is looking for someone to blame. very sad all the way around.

13. Likes:

Always Red (09-01-2019),DocRed (09-01-2019)

Truly sad all the way around. I pity the people who helped him get it. They said someone on the staff maybe involved as well. The dr and whoever that maybe are in some trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Dat dude BP View Post
    Truly sad all the way around. I pity the people who helped him get it. They said someone on the staff maybe involved as well. The dr and whoever that maybe are in some trouble
    I lost a good friend about 8 years ago due to deadly combination of pills and alcohol as well. I didn't feel too sorry for him, but family deserves a lot of sympathy.

Unless he unknowingly had some type of drugs in him that he didn't know about, I don't feel too sorry for Tyler either. He might deserve a lot of the blame as well. If you want to blame the Dr. and whomever else help him get it, then fine. But they were ultimately tasked with getting it because Tyler asked for it. Like I said, maybe there were drugs in there he didn't know about? It's still early so we shall see but I can't imagine he didn't now the consequences of it.

16. Likes:

DocRed (09-03-2019),Norm Chortleton (09-01-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I lost a good friend about 8 years ago due to deadly combination of pills and alcohol as well. I didn't feel too sorry for him, but family deserves a lot of sympathy.

Unless he unknowingly had some type of drugs in him that he didn't know about, I don't feel too sorry for Tyler either. He might deserve a lot of the blame as well. If you want to blame the Dr. and whomever else help him get it, then fine. But they were ultimately tasked with getting it because Tyler asked for it. Like I said, maybe there were drugs in there he didn't know about? It's still early so we shall see but I can't imagine he didn't now the consequences of it.
    Pretty astoundingly bad take. People have drug problems most of the time not because they’re bad or stupid people, but because that’s the only way they can deal with the problems they have in their life.

18. Likes:

Dat dude BP (09-04-2019),The Operator (09-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Pretty astoundingly bad take. People have drug problems most of the time not because they’re bad or stupid people, but because that’s the only way they can deal with the problems they have in their life.
    Not to mention Skaggs was a professional athlete who had his share of injury issues, it is plausible he could have become hooked on pain killers as a result of being prescribed them, legally, to manage pain associated with various injuries. There are a ton of stories like that.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

20. Likes:

The Operator (09-03-2019),Wonderful Monds (09-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Correct. I realize my sons could easily get into a drug problem one day. I pray and hope they do not even with all of the warnings from my wife and I. But at the end of the day, one is responsible for themselves. Starting that habit is beaten into their brain as being a terrible thing. If you aren't responsible for yourself then no one else will be. Can't feel too sorry for a guy who knowingly (assumption here) took these lethal drugs. How can you NOT blame him? Is Tyler THAT mentally unstable to not know how bad those drugs are?

22. Likes:

DocRed (09-03-2019),Sea Ray (09-03-2019)

almost all of the fentanyl that is being sold on the streets is from china. and while fentanyl itself is very bad, there is a lot of evidence that the chinese dealers are mixing their product with another illicit substance, one that has not yet been identified. but the bottom line is fentanyl from china is responsible for a lot of drug overdoses the last 2 years or so.

Turn Off Ads?