Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 7/11/2019 - Slurpee Day Roundup

7/11/2019 - Slurpee Day Roundup

Since TexasDave left after Kingspoint told him he wasn't allowed to post batting averages, I'll recap Thursdays games

AAA - Louisville - Loses 3-2

Any time the Bats only give up 3 runs, you immediately look at the pitching. In this case Mella gave up 3 (2 earned) in 6.1. Hoping it was a trend I looked up his recent outings and this was about the only good one. Allainz finished the game with scoreless frame. He has 2.57 ERA with Louiville, but I'm still skeptical. Last night in his one inning he gave up 2 hits and 1 walk. Yet came out unscathed. He did exactly the same the previous game.

I want to see more off Joel Kuehnel and his 1.23 ERA finishing games.

Offensively, VanMeter didn't play and the other big sticks, Aquino and O'Grady only got one hit apiece.

AA - Chattanooga - Loses 6-2

Santillan started. He's been having shoulder issues. He went 3 scoreless innings giving up 2 hits and a walk. Struck out 4. Very encouraging. Hopefully they removed him because of self imposed limit and not because of injury. But they Lookouts turned game over to two guys who have stunk for years, and.......they stunk again. Fossas and Boyles. Honest to
    God they need to be released at the earliest opportunity.

Edit - According to RedsMinorLeagues.com it was an injury for Santillan.

Offensively, not much. 6 hits total. Trammel, Isabel, Stevenson and Siri were hit-less. Nay got a single.

High A - Daytona - Rained Out

Low A - Dayton - Loses 1-0

The pitching performance was nice from De Jesus but it was nice but out of character from his bad numbers, so unless he repeats it a few times....

Offensively they scattered 8 singles. Schuyler (Catcher) had 3. Siani did nothing.

Rookie - Billings - Won 6-1

Starter Carreno had nice game 6 innings, 1 run. He has ERA over 6 nut is young (20) and has 2 nice starts in row

Offensively, they had 6 singles and 6 walks and somehow turned that into 6 runs,

Rookie - Greeneville - Won 6-5

Got a nice start from Noriega. 5 innings, 1 hit 0 runs. 3 Ks. Bullpen was weak.

Offensively, only 5 hits, but Bumpass left the yard with one for his first pro homer

Reds did not play Cameron Warren who has started out well.

Rookie - Arizona - Lost 10-7

No pitchers did well. Ryan Campbell who has some very nice numbers in VERY limited work did his 2nd rehab stint and gave up 1 run in 1 inning. He faced 4 batters and threw 4 pitches. He threw 2 innings and 13 pitches last time. So hopefully, they just liked what they saw and took him out, and not that he was hurting.

On Offense, Creal had 3 hits, Castro 2, Van Blake 2, Tello 3

DSL Reds won 9-3
    Last edited by JaxRed; 07-12-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 7/11/2019 - Slurpee Day Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Since TexasDave left after Kingspoint told him he wasn't allowed to post batting averages, I'll recap Thursdays games
    Hmm, did he also curse Kingspoint up and down before storming out or is that treatment only reserved for me?
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Re: 7/11/2019 - Slurpee Day Roundup

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Hmm, did he also curse Kingspoint up and down before storming out or is that treatment only reserved for me?
    Just you
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

5. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-12-2019)

Turn Off Ads?