Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Reds @ Rockies 7-12-19 The Second half begins

Re: Reds @ Rockies 7-12-19 The Second half begins

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    Hernadez obviously sucks. Bell using him there is inexcusable. Anyone else would have made more sense but whatever. Another joke of a performance by the offense. Not one single guy having a good season and we are over half way through. My favorite thing is they think they should be buyers. That is malpractice. Top to bottom this organization is failing. Very sad state of affairs these days.
    i've pointed this out a looooong time ago. Surprised people still watch this team. After failing and being completely exposed vs our hated rival Cleveland i was done

2. Likes:

Alabama (07-13-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

[QUOTE=RR1971;3979174]
    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I have seen nothing from this guy all year that suggests he is capable of being a good big league
    He makes some horrible decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

Let’s not forget Vottos strikeout with a man on third and one out.
    Blasphemy!
    Fiat justitia ruat caleum. Nolo timere. Laus Deo.

Quote Originally Posted by NC-Red View Post
    i've pointed this out a looooong time ago. Surprised people still watch this team. After failing and being completely exposed vs our hated rival Cleveland i was done
    Okay this is not the first time you've used this "hated rival" line to describe The Cleveland Indians.

Am I missing something here? Sure they are a "natural rival" due to being in the same state but I've never really felt any animosity toward that organization and I almost always root for them when they make the postseason.

I can think of many, many teams that I'd consider a "hated rival" way more than The Indians.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I am struggling to think of a worse choice than Hernandez. Knew the game was lost
    Lorenzen was the obvious better choice, but
    seriously, ANY other pitcher.. Bob Steve, Hughes, even Peralta (not my choice but at least he's facing lefties).
    The other 3 RH guys I listed are clearly better options.

Bell is a moron.
    Guys, Bell is not a moron. Neither is Johnson who participated in the decision. They knew the numbers everyone is citing. The Reds have a decision to make the next 10-15 days. Are they buyers and what are they buying? This was a test. A test of whether the 4 days rest was enough to reset Hernandez to what he was earlier in the season, our most dependable late inning reliever. Now they know. Now we all know. Hernandez is done. The rest didn’t help. He can’t be counted on. If they buy, it’s gotta be bullpen help.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    Guys, Bell is not a moron. Neither is Johnson who participated in the decision. They knew the numbers everyone is citing. The Reds have a decision to make the next 10-15 days. Are they buyers and what are they buying? This was a test. A test of whether the 4 days rest was enough to reset Hernandez to what he was earlier in the season, our most dependable late inning reliever. Now they know. Now we all know. Hernandez is done. The rest didn’t help. He can’t be counted on. If they buy, it’s gotta be bullpen help.
    I'm not saying you're wrong but it's a bad way to "test" someone when you're looking up at 4 other teams in the standings.

They need every single win they can get. They can't afford to be dropping games in order to "test" guys or to send messages to the front office, another theory that has been thrown out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

8. Likes:

malcontent (07-13-2019)

Letting Votto pitch would have been a better option.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    True, but this franchise has never been buyers and is starving for a post-all-star "attempt" at becoming aggressive.

That they tried one more time to salvage an arm that was done (chasing past results) at the cost of destruction to fan and player momentum that the first half built, goes in line with what I, as a fan, have come to expect from current Ownership. Same old, same old. Collect the checks. Return crap in exchange.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 07-13-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Not trying to get in the way of a good rant, but we are talking about Coors Field here. Sometimes the ball has been known to fly out of this place at a moment's notice. It happens.
    Seems like maybe a good situation to put your extreme ground ball pitcher in there instead of an extreme fly ball pitcher who has given up 10 runs in his last 5 appearances.

12. Likes:

malcontent (07-13-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by stein1214 View Post
    Seems like maybe a good situation to put your extreme ground ball pitcher in there instead of an extreme fly ball pitcher who has given up 10 runs in his last 5 appearances.
    Now I can subscribe to that.

But there still is no guarantee. Hughes has been shaky lately, too.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Don't really know who you were talking to, but it might be a good idea to check the rudeness at the door. Folks around here are free to make comments without being told to "zip it", especially by someone who waited until after the game was over to make his first comment.
    amen

Turn Off Ads?