mr nepotism pushes the wrong button

maybe he could check a stat called ERA very esoteric stat

2. Likes:

gagliano (07-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: mr nepotism pushes the wrong button

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Berenyi View Post
    maybe he could check a stat called ERA very esoteric stat
    what? use a stat that's not whip or whatever? i'm being ironic as usual. the old fashioned stats are what made the big red machine. i dont see us doing much since we started with these new fangled stats

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    what? use a stat that's not whip or whatever? i'm being ironic as usual. the old fashioned stats are what made the big red machine. i dont see us doing much since we started with these new fangled stats
    WHIP is a new stat?

It’s just walks and hits...
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Sparky Anderson used Analytics I'm not old enough to. I have seen the Big Red Machine unfortunately. But was it his nickname Captain Hook.
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    WHIP is a new stat?

It’s just walks and hits...
    They just came up with a new name for it and tried to pawn it off as something new. Just about everything they’ve come up with as far as stats go was on the back of a baseball card in 1945. Now the data collection and measurement tools have come a long way for sure and they have helped tremendously. It’s nothing more than what any manufacturing company or the military uses so I’m not sure why everyone is so amazed by being able to measure some of this stuff.

Yes, because paying attention to advanced metrics and other "new fangled stats" is the reason the Reds generally suck.

It has nothing to do with bad management, bad ownership, nepotism in the upper ranks, etc.

I'm sure glad the Astros, Dodgers, Yankees, Rays, Athletics, etc. don't use those fancy schmancy ideas and crap to make the most of their resources.
    "Do we need to have 280 brands of breakfast cereal? No, probably not. But we have them for a reason - because some people like them. It's the same with baseball statistics." ~ Bill James

9. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (07-17-2019)

People are getting too hung up on new-fangled stats like exit velocity and launch angle. I remember the good old days when we wondered how hard and/or how high a ball was hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

11. Likes:

PTjvs (07-17-2019)

Turn Off Ads?