Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Should we look to 2020 and forsake 2019?

Re: Should we look to 2020 and forsake 2019?

I just think there are too many teams between us and a playoff spot and many of those teams will be buyers at the deadline..

2. Likes:

#13 (07-16-2019),BluegrassRedleg (07-16-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    I just think there are too many teams between us and a playoff spot and many of those teams will be buyers at the deadline..
    Which is going to increase demand and the value of the Reds’ assets, if they play this right.

Don’t get me wrong. I’d love to get in the playoffs. The chances just aren’t very good with four clubs ahead of you and the fact that all of them will be beating themselves up the rest of the way. The Reds would have to transform into something they haven’t been all year, and all but one of the other NL Central teams would have to do the same (in reverse).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rounding third and heading for home...

I'm ok with dealing Roark with Wood coming back to replace him. I actually think this could be an upgrade with Wood coming in with a fresh arm, and the rotation needing a lefty. Dealing J.Iglesias or Puig is a white flag move IMO. Maybe you can make the argument for Peraza at SS, but we can't replace Puig in house.

6. Likes:

REDREAD (07-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JCM11 View Post
    I'm ok with dealing Roark with Wood coming back to replace him. I actually think this could be an upgrade with Wood coming in with a fresh arm, and the rotation needing a lefty. Dealing J.Iglesias or Puig is a white flag move IMO. Maybe you can make the argument for Peraza at SS, but we can't replace Puig in house.
    Trading Puig is definitely a white flag. Trading Iglesias would just seem kind of pointless, the return wouldn't be great and he's the only guy we have who we know can definitely handle the position. I agree about Roark, you leave yourself open to criticism by moving him but if Wood can make 1-2 starts by the deadline and look reasonably sharp, you can sell high on Roark and might be better off for it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-16-2019)

I didn't. He's due to be a fixture for year, barring injury. The question is whether he will be
    another Bruce or another Votto. I doubt, however, that center will be his ultimate destination with the club.

After reading through all these threads, and all the ideas and speculation, the most likely and realistic deadline deals would seem to be -

1. Trading Roark if Wood appears ready to replace him. Given that it’s the deadline, probably for youth.

2. Trading from AAA prospects having good years, Aquino, O’Grady perhaps, to get some immediate help. Maybe Reds include a younger prospect if necessary.

I could live with these deals if the returns are ok, and they seem feasible.
    Last edited by Kc61; 07-17-2019 at 02:19 PM.

11. Likes:

JCM11 (07-17-2019)

When will we stop looking at the next year to get better? Im tired of sacrificing every season since 2013!!

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    When will we stop looking at the next year to get better? Im tired of sacrificing every season since 2013!!
    Reds are better.

But they are coming out of a deep hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan6272 View Post
    When they stop signing and trading for 1 year stop gaps.

15. Likes:

Alabama (07-17-2019),REDREAD (07-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    When they stop signing and trading for 1 year stop gaps.
    Traded legit prospects, nay, what would be top 5 Reds prospects for them as well.

Turn Off Ads?