Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trade Luis Castillo?

Re: Trade Luis Castillo?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Well that's absolutely fascinating. I love that show.
    He was a Harvard grad and very eccentric. Didn’t wear sweat pants though, ha!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Trade Castillo. Then trade the guys you get for Castillo. Then trade the guys you get for the guys you get for trading Castillo.
    Then trade the guys you get for the guys you get for the guys you get for trading Castillo, for Castillo. And voila, you have an ace!
    Huh? Huh-uh. Oh yeah, uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by HUHUH View Post
    Then trade the guys you get for the guys you get for the guys you get for trading Castillo, for Castillo. And voila, you have an ace!
    If we can get Castillo I think we are really close to competing.

Quote Originally Posted by Musketeer22 View Post
    Castillo ranked 50th on the recently published Fangraphs list of players with the top trade value. For reference, Senzel (37) and Suarez (43) also checked in. Here's the link: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/2019-trade-value-41-to-50/

I look forward to this Fangraphs exercise every year because they take a very objective view at how MLB front offices value players (and there are no intangibles/feelings that go into it).

Castillo is controlled through 2023 - the remainder of 2019 and then 4 more seasons, 1 of them at the pre-arb price tag. Fangraphs points out that they believe he has more value than guys like Chris Sale, Mookie Betts, Eloy Jimenez, Austin Riley, Andrew Benintendi, etc.

Let's set the stage by going through the current roster, with an eye on 2020. These are the GUARANTEES to be in the lineup..

C - Tucker
    1B - Votto
    2B - ?
    SS - ?
    3B - Suarez
    LF - Winker?
    CF - Senzel
    RF - ?

Bench: Ervin, Dietrich, Peraza, backup C

Rotation of: Castillo, Gray, Mahle, Disco

-Assuming Puig, J. Iglesias, Roark and Wood are not part of the equation
    -Dietrich has an option for next season, but I'd imagine the FO strongly prefers that to be in a bench/utility role
    -There is no way Scooter is being re-signed
    -Peraza is an option at 2B, SS and in the OF

There are obvious holes at 2B, SS, at least 1 OF spot, and SP. Sure, the group of Trammell, India, Siri, etc. could potentially be the solution here, but what if you could upgrade at multiple positions with higher level players/prospects?

If the Dodgers would offer Dustin May + Gavin Lux + Keibert Ruiz you'd have to do it, right??

If the Blue Jays would offer Marcus Stroman + Cavan Biggio + Bo Bichette you'd have to do it, right?? (This was a John Paul Morosi suggested trade)

If the Braves would offer Christian Pache + Ian Anderson you'd have to do it, right??

Sorry if this post is all over the place, just wanted to start the conversation.
    If we are GUARANTEEING Tucker Barnhart a spot in the everyday lineup next year I’m done discussing. That is easily top 2 points of emphasis to address in the off-season.

6. Likes:

TeamSelig (08-01-2019)

In a last-minute trade deadline stunner, the Astros announced that they’ve acquired right-hander Zack Greinke from the Diamondbacks in exchange for right-handers Corbin Martin and J.B. Bukauskas, first baseman Seth Beer and infielder Joshua Rojas.
    First, this makes all those Castillo trade recommendations look ridiculous and insulting.

But, would you trade Castillo for that package?

Grienke is a bit better this season and has a longer history of success, but Castillo has two more years of team control, and likely will be cheaper salary wise.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    First, this makes all those Castillo trade recommendations look ridiculous and insulting.

Grienke is a bit better this season and has a longer history of success, but Castillo has two more years of team control, and likely will be cheaper salary wise.
    It’s a good question and my answer is that I would not take that deal for Castillo. And bear in mind the Dbacks also are paying more than 20 million of Greinke’s upcoming salary.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post

Not a chance. I still maintain that Castillo is untouchable at this point but if I had to say what Houston would need to give up for him it would've included Tucker, Whitley, and Beer and I'm guessing there is less than 0% chance Houston would do that because it would've completely decimated their farm.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post
    Not a chance. I still maintain that Castillo is untouchable at this point but if I had to say what Houston would need to give up for him it would've included Tucker, Whitley, and Beer and I'm guessing there is less than 0% chance Houston would do that because it would've completely decimated their farm.
    Well we could always ask for Alvarez if they like their farm guys so much

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He was a Harvard grad and very eccentric. Didn’t wear sweat pants though, ha!
    more importantly, did you have a Sarika Sarkar (Aparna Brielle) in your class? She is a straight smoke show.

Turn Off Ads?