Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Safety Netting

Re: Safety Netting

I've been a proponent of extending the netting. I think all the way to the foul poles is a bit extreme/unnecessary, but it's only a minor quibble. I certainly prefer nets all the way to the foul pole to no nets over the dugouts.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I think people are forgetting how dangerous the outfield seats are in regard to home run balls.

If a baby is sitting out there, or if someone is on their phone or whatever, a HR ball could be disastrous.

They need to wrap the netting all the way around the field, and all the way to the top of the highest row.

Sure, that will be the end of fans catching foul and home run balls, but at least we'll all be safe.
    You know, as long as Trevor Bauer is in the Majors, they probably SHOULD have safety nets protecting fans in the outfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    You know, as long as Trevor Bauer is in the Majors, they probably SHOULD have safety nets protecting fans in the outfield.
    No one is talking about the dangers of broken bats in the stands either. The netting they use now would not offer complete protection for fans from broken bat shards.

They need to make the netting much more dense, and it needs to cover the entire stands from top to bottom and all the way around.

Sure it will compromise the views of the field itself, but at least everyone would be safe.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Atlanta...
    That's a bit excessive. Let's hope that doesn't become a trend. Makes it look like a hockey game

No one is talking about the dangers of broken bats in the stands either. The netting they use now would not offer complete protection for fans from broken bat shards.

They need to make the netting much more dense, and it needs to cover the entire stands from top to bottom and all the way around.

Sure it will compromise the views of the field itself, but at least everyone would be safe.
    Chicken wire?

Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

7. Likes:

Bob Sheed (08-20-2019),malcontent (08-20-2019),Number_Fourteen (08-21-2019),Rantly (08-20-2019),WrongVerb (08-20-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

You know what? You're right. Let's not have any netting at all. Let's live dangerously, especially those who are right behind home plate. Imagine paying all that money and having to watch through a net.

I really don't know how people who are so threatened by change make it out of bed in the morning.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

9. Likes:

pahster (08-20-2019),Redsfaithful (08-20-2019),StRedlegs900 (08-22-2019),westofyou (08-20-2019)

I think people are forgetting how dangerous the outfield seats are in regard to home run balls.

If a baby is sitting out there, or if someone is on their phone or whatever, a HR ball could be disastrous.

They need to wrap the netting all the way around the field, and all the way to the top of the highest row.

Sure, that will be the end of fans catching foul and home run balls, but at least we'll all be safe.
    Fans should be banned from the stadium for their own safety, that’s the ultimate end game.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

11. Likes:

Big Klu (08-20-2019)

You know what? You're right. Let's not have any netting at all. Let's live dangerously, especially those who are right behind home plate. Imagine paying all that money and having to watch through a net.

I really don't know how people who are so threatened by change make it out of bed in the morning.
    Life in general is dangerous. Things just jump out at you.

I'm thinking mandatory plastic bubbles should be utilized whenever leaving the house.

Just to be on the safe side.

Idiocracy.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 08-20-2019 at 12:53 PM.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

13. Likes:

George Anderson (08-20-2019)

As an aside: Is there anything worse than grown men who jump over others for a $10 Baseball in the stands?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

15. Likes:

Big Klu (08-20-2019),mth123 (08-20-2019),Redsfaithful (08-20-2019)

I'm thinking mandatory plastic bubbles should be utilized whenever leaving the house.

Idiocracy.
    All true, wonder what the father of the girl who died after being hit by a hockey puck in Columbus would say?

17. Likes:

Chip R (08-20-2019),Redsfaithful (08-20-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Idiocracy.
    Are you arguing that it's the opposite of Idiocracy to do nothing to mitigate the risks that come along with every day living?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    All true, wonder what the father of the girl who died after being hit by a hockey puck in Columbus would say?
    Probably the same thing everyone else says these days:

"It's not my fault."

Are you arguing that it's the opposite of Idiocracy to do nothing to mitigate the risks that come along with every day living?
    I'm saying there's a point where measures taken for safety cross over into "overcorrection", and no one in the history of America has ever known where that point is, regardless of topic.

So yeah, let it be live baseball that we ruin next, in the name of safety. At least we're consistant.

I'm saying there's a point where measures taken for safety cross over into "overcorrection", and no one in the history of America has ever known where that point is, regardless of topic.

So yeah, let it be live baseball that we ruin next, in the name of safety. At least we're consistant.
    This is one of the worst takes that I've ever seen on RedsZone. Absolutely embarrassing.
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

22. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (08-21-2019),919191 (08-21-2019),drowg14 (08-22-2019),Hypnotoad (08-20-2019),pahster (08-20-2019),Redsfaithful (08-20-2019),StRedlegs900 (08-22-2019),Tom Servo (08-20-2019),WrongVerb (08-20-2019)

Probably the same thing everyone else says these days:

"It's not my fault."
    The dad would say that eh?

Ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Have you ever sat behind safety netting at a MLB game?

Turn Off Ads?