Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Raisel Iglesias

Raisel Iglesias

What is to be done? Last year he took a step backwards, this year he has become a massive liability. And I don't really care to hear that "he's not being pitched the right way", he's only being asked to do what other closers in baseball also do.

While this thread is about what to do with him moving forward, I did want to note that I kind of nailed this one at the end of last season, right up until the last sentence anyway. It wasn't an injury (that we know of), but a combination of those continued HR/9 woes and seemingly a 'boo boo face' attitude about anything besides a clean 9th inning with a lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    If this is the general anger thread, I'd like to point out that not trading Raisel Iglesias at the 2017 trade deadline, the 2017 offseason, and 2018 trade deadline really, really bothered me then and it's really bothering me now. It's been clear that his best value is a a trade chip, yet here we are still with our closer on a team that's 19 games under .500. We've learned that the more control, the better, yet we've been letting all that team control wither away just for the periodic save attempt.

What's our reward for keeping him after the third big chance to trade him? A 4.38 ERA in August with 4 HRs in 12.1 innings and an opponents batting average of .294, to go along with his career high 1.5 HR/9 on the season. And you just know that the old inevitable arm injury could be lurking around that corner. Yee-haw!
    The chickens have come home to roost on this one.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

gagliano (07-23-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-23-2019),Revering4Blue (07-23-2019),Ron Madden (07-22-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Raisel Iglesias

I wish Doug was still around so I could say....this is why it made no sense to do the extension at that time for those terms.

5. Likes:

Alabama (07-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    I wish Doug was still around so I could say....this is why it made no sense to do the extension at that time for those terms.
    Just another awful move done at the worst time. Servo definitely wasn’t the only one who knew that Iglesias had to be taxed.

You have to turn closing over to Garret/Lorenzen.

All you can do is run him out there and hope this year is an aberration. Edwin Diaz has been awful too. It does happen and I dont believe either of those guys are just done all of the sudden. I was always in the trade him camp as well but no one could have seen this coming. Hes just giving up so many homer's to absolute bums this year. Its has been tough to watch though and one of the biggest reasons they are in last place.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    You have to turn closing over to Garret/Lorenzen.
    The scary part is Lorenzen not that much better
    Crazy Reds Fan

10. Likes:

RedsBrick (07-23-2019)

Send him to go hang out with David Hernandez for a while, and see if he can get his head on straight in some low leverage spots when he comes back.

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (07-23-2019)

makes no sense to trade him now unless you can find a FO that have resided under a rock this season

14. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2019)

Holding onto him when his value was at its highest to save games for last place ballclubs was just criminal.

This team has such a propensity for holding assets until their value absolutely tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

16. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (07-23-2019),membengal (07-23-2019),REDREAD (07-23-2019),RedTeamGo! (07-23-2019),Revering4Blue (07-23-2019),Ron Madden (07-23-2019),Tom Servo (07-23-2019),wally post (07-23-2019)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Did I miss something, did he tank again real hard tonight

Might as well keep him and hope he regains his form at some point before he hits free agency.

Until then, make him a mop up guy. If he refuses, put him on the inactive list.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    ohhhh buddy, how does 'go ahead grand slam to Tyler Saladino' tickle you
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-23-2019),Wonderful Monds (07-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Spectacular fashion doesn't even begin to describe it.

Thank God for Geno
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

22. Likes:

Red Raindog (07-23-2019),Ron Madden (07-23-2019),wally post (07-23-2019),Wonderful Monds (07-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Holding onto him when his value was at its highest to save games for last place ballclubs was just criminal.

This team has such a propensity for holding assets until their value absolutely tanks.
    Out of all the blunders of holding onto guys for too long this one is the most egregious IMO.

24. Likes:

REDREAD (07-23-2019),The Operator (07-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post

Shouldn't part of the question for the organization be why is a 29 year old closers value tanking? Guy has a little over 200 innings on his arm in MLB....has been solid and consistent the last 2 years in the closers role....what went wrong this year?

26. Likes:

Revering4Blue (07-23-2019),Shoeless Jeff (07-23-2019)

Turn Off Ads?