Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 MLB Season Discussion Part Two

Re: 2019 MLB Season Discussion Part Two

Bo Bichette having a big night, and the best part is they cut to his mom when he does something good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jon Morosi
    @jonmorosi

#Mariners INF Tim Beckham suspended 80 games after testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance,
    @MLB
    announces.
    @MLBNetwork
    Beckham's .237/.293/.461/.753 performance this year is not a ringing endorsement for that drug.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (08-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Beckham's .237/.293/.461/.753 performance this year is not a ringing endorsement for that drug.
    And, to answer everyone's unspoken question, he will be ineligible for the playoffs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Is that the second or third ding on Mariners players in the past few years? I thought Dee Gordon got popped, but that may have been with the Marlins. And Cano got popped last season.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Stranger things in baseball. I was reading an article about how Justin Verlander is on track to put up the lowest WHIP in the modern era of baseball. His WHIP is currently an eye popping 0.81 but his ERA is nowhere close to the best in the league at 2.68. How is that possible? He leads the majors with 29HRs allowed.

So to recap the guy rarely gives up hits, but when he does there is a nearly 1-in-3 chance its going over the wall. That is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Is that the second or third ding on Mariners players in the past few years? I thought Dee Gordon got popped, but that may have been with the Marlins. And Cano got popped last season.
    Dee Gordon was with the Marlins when he tested positive for Testosterone & Clostebol. Cano was a Mariner when he was suspended for the diuretic furosemide. I can't recall the last player to get busted with Stanozolol (Winstrol)....it would seem like a poor choice because it remains in the system for an extended period.

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    Dee Gordon was with the Marlins when he tested positive for Testosterone & Clostebol. Cano was a Mariner when he was suspended for the diuretic furosemide. I can't recall the last player to get busted with Stanozolol (Winstrol)....it would seem like a poor choice because it remains in the system for an extended period.
    In 2016 Reds minor leaguer Juan Duran, tested positive and suspended 80 games for Drostanolone, Stanozolol and Nandrolone.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Stuff ain't working like it used too.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    And, to answer everyone's unspoken question, he will be ineligible for the playoffs.
    That would be ineligible for next year's postseason, right? He will still be under suspension for this year's.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by krm1580 View Post
    Stranger things in baseball. I was reading an article about how Justin Verlander is on track to put up the lowest WHIP in the modern era of baseball. His WHIP is currently an eye popping 0.81 but his ERA is nowhere close to the best in the league at 2.68. How is that possible? He leads the majors with 29HRs allowed.

So to recap the guy rarely gives up hits, but when he does there is a nearly 1-in-3 chance its going over the wall. That is one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in baseball.
    Pedro is modern era isn't he? 0.73
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

In more unfortunate Mariners news, they're being no hit again.

I jinxed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    That would be ineligible for next year's postseason, right? He will still be under suspension for this year's.
    That's a good question. It's probably moot and you would think he's ineligible next year but since the suspension happened this season, maybe it would be only for the season when he was originally suspended.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Homer Bailey has a no hitter early on in Chicago

17. Likes:

Chip R (08-07-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Homer Bailey has a no hitter early on in Chicago
    Oops, it ended 3 pitches later