Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Good Luck Yasiel Puig!

Re: Good Luck Yasiel Puig!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Who is going to step up and replace his emotion.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Loved watching Puig this year. I will miss him not being on the Reds. Hopefully we can pick up in Free Agency.
    Dude had a cannon for an arm. My only regret is that Bell did not let him pitch one inning against the Pirates last night.

4. Likes:

Phoenix2 (07-31-2019),smixsell (07-31-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Gotta try to bring him back.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

6. Likes:

klw (07-31-2019),savafan (07-31-2019)

Maybe it was meant to be this way, like a summer fling at the beach. This way there will always only be good memories of Puig.

I personally think the fact that he got into the brawl after being traded should get him a spot in the Reds HOF.

8. Likes:

Phoenix2 (07-31-2019),RedsBaron (07-31-2019),smixsell (07-31-2019)

How can we possibly replace a 0.8 bWAR through July / 98 OPS+ Rightfielder???
    What would you say.....ya do here?

10. Likes:

texasdave (07-31-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How can we possibly replace a 0.8 bWAR through July / 98 OPS+ Rightfielder???
    As easily as we can replace the first baseman with the 98 ops plus
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    As easily as we can replace the first baseman with the 98 ops plus
    This doesn’t make sense.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I now see why Dodger fans loved Puig when he was with them. Thanks for everything this year!

I hope he comes back next year. I think Bauer is gonna mesh well with the personalities that are on this team already, and I feel adding Puig next year would help that chemistry even more. For the first time since the early 2010s, I feel the Reds finally have a core group of guys that are going to make this team a contender in the next couple years.

14. Likes:

smixsell (07-31-2019)

I posted this on another thread, but I think it fits better here:

The tough part about losing Puig is that Reds fandom is in emotional overload right now. Puig is only an above-average player (the comparisons to Jay Bruce are on point), but he is a larger-than-life personality. He was supposedly a crackpot from the big city of Los Angeles who immediately bonded with small-town Cincinnati. We saw none of the negatives that Dodgers fans complained about -- instead, we saw a somewhat eccentric but gregarious character who became universally beloved in a very short time.

Combine that with the trade happening almost simultaneously with a brawl against the hated Pirates in which Puig was a primary combatant for the honor of the club and the city, and it's a bit much for a lot of people to handle right now.

I have enjoyed watching Yasiel Puig, and I admit that I kinda got attached to the big guy in his short amount of time as a Red. I wish him well, and if future circumstances permit it, I would definitely welcome him back into the Reds fold.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

16. Likes:

bagz (07-31-2019),Chip R (08-01-2019),cumberlandreds (07-31-2019),fondfoat (07-31-2019),HammerTime (08-01-2019),Phoenix2 (07-31-2019),Red Raindog (08-01-2019),RedsBaron (07-31-2019),Revering4Blue (07-31-2019),Ron Madden (08-14-2019),Saven (07-31-2019),TheBigLebowski (07-31-2019),wally post (07-31-2019)

I agree with Big Klu's above post, as well as a lot of other posts on this thread. My head tells me Puig is just an above average outfielder and probably overrated as a player. My heart absolutely loved watching him play. Yeah, he can be a showboat at times, but his fun and enthusiasm were a joy to watch. If I was a teammate, he'd probably drive me crazy at times but he would also inspire me. I wish him well in Cleveland and I do wish there would be a reasonable way to bring him back as a Red after this season. Anyone who will go to war against the Pirates, or any other Pittsburgh team, rates highly in my estimation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo Rijo View Post

I personally think the fact that he got into the brawl after being traded should get him a spot in the Reds HOF.
    Works for me.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

18. Likes:

Rojo Rijo (07-31-2019),Ron Madden (08-14-2019)

Absolutely gonna miss him. He made watching this team fun this year. I am grateful for that.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

20. Likes:

M2 (07-31-2019),Red Raindog (08-01-2019),Ron Madden (08-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    This doesn’t make sense.
    I'm just saying Puig isn't the only hitter in the lineup that's easily replaceable
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    I posted this on another thread, but I think it fits better here:

The tough part about losing Puig is that Reds fandom is in emotional overload right now. Puig is only an above-average player (the comparisons to Jay Bruce are on point), but he is a larger-than-life personality. He was supposedly a crackpot from the big city of Los Angeles who immediately bonded with small-town Cincinnati. We saw none of the negatives that Dodgers fans complained about -- instead, we saw a somewhat eccentric but gregarious character who became universally beloved in a very short time.

Combine that with the trade happening almost simultaneously with a brawl against the hated Pirates in which Puig was a primary combatant for the honor of the club and the city, and it's a bit much for a lot of people to handle right now.

I have enjoyed watching Yasiel Puig, and I admit that I kinda got attached to the big guy in his short amount of time as a Red. I wish him well, and if future circumstances permit it, I would definitely welcome him back into the Reds fold.
    In a hot minute...I'd absolutely welcome him back and hope Reds brass is thinking the same thing.

23. Likes:

M2 (07-31-2019),Red Raindog (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I was skeptical coming in, but I’d ride with a guy like that on my team any day. Wouldn’t mind seeing him back at a reasonable price.
    I agree, wasnt really a fan of his, but he grew on me, and after last night, I want him back in 2020.

He wasn't as productive as I had hoped, but he was much more fun than I expected.

I'll say it again: He's the player you hate on the opposing team but love on your own.
    redsrule2500
    Go Reds!
    “I’m a normal guy blessed with the ability to hit a baseball.” - Sean Casey

26. Likes:

Big Klu (07-31-2019),Red Raindog (08-01-2019),Saven (07-31-2019)

Turn Off Ads?