Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Good Luck Yasiel Puig!

Re: Good Luck Yasiel Puig!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I’d also explore signing Puig, playing him in CF and moving Senzel back to 2B.

2B Senzel
    LF Winker
    3B Suarez
    CF Puig
    RF Aquino
    1B Votto
    SS Galvis
    C Grandal on a 1 year deal or Barnhart until Stephenson is ready

Another thought is to sign Puig and trade Winker for Russell and Happ. Who says no to that?

I’m not really up for giving Puig a full time CF job. He’s played there in the past but it was seldom and quite early in his career. Corner OF looks to be his future
    Name:  830BA328-1B2C-45DD-86E2-C2A7736D9BC3.png
Views: 595
Size:  284.6 KB
    Last edited by RedseatHR; 08-18-2019 at 08:28 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Iíd also explore signing Puig, playing him in CF and moving Senzel back to 2B.

2B Senzel
    LF Winker
    3B Suarez
    CF Puig
    RF Aquino
    1B Votto
    SS Galvis

Another thought is to sign Puig and trade Winker for Russell and Happ. Who says no to that?
    Absolutely no to trading for the domestic violence guy who sucks at baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

4. Likes:

Big Klu (08-18-2019),Chip R (08-19-2019),Hillsdale87 (08-18-2019),Old school 1983 (08-19-2019),Slyder (08-18-2019),The Operator (08-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Absolutely no to trading for the domestic violence guy who sucks at baseball.
    Agreed. I'm all for second chances, and I hope Russell becomes a good person, but let's give it a few years. Russell's actions were those of a psycho. No need to add that to the locker room even if he was good. Makes no sense to add when even his play isn't an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love Puig, but is he an upgrade over an Ervin/Winker platoon? Better on D for sure, but Winker is better hitting righties, and Ervin is crushing lefties. And those guys are a fraction of what Puig will cost. Seems to make more sense to invest elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Likes:

mth123 (08-18-2019)

Puig has played himself out of Cincinnati/Cleveland next year. He is going to get PAID by someone.

9. Likes:

Big Klu (08-18-2019),DocRed (09-30-2019)

Iíd also explore signing Puig, playing him in CF and moving Senzel back to 2B.

2B Senzel
    LF Winker
    3B Suarez
    CF Puig
    RF Aquino
    1B Votto
    SS Galvis

Cubs say no. They have Schwarber in LF.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

11. Likes:

Old school 1983 (08-19-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by davereds24 View Post
    Puig has played himself out of Cincinnati/Cleveland next year. He is going to get PAID by someone.
    Heís of to a real good start but finished 12/58 with the Reds.....another one of those and it might.

He has said he doesnít care where he plays as long as itís in the United States....he loves our country. He definitely over Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He’s of to a real good start but finished 12/58 with the Reds.....another one of those and it might.

He has said he doesn’t care where he plays as long as it’s in the United States....he loves our country. He definitely over Cincinnati
    Well, I guess the Blue Jays are out!
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Maybe, still would not surprise me that he sits home for awhile, nobody wants to sign guys near 30 anymore.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    He’s of to a real good start but finished 12/58 with the Reds.....another one of those and it might.

He has said he doesn’t care where he plays as long as it’s in the United States....he loves our country. He definitely over Cincinnati
    Like he said to start the year. He’s looking to get paid whoever that is.

YP Wild Horse Fdn
    @WildHorseFDN

You heard about the “ crouch”, now let us tell you the REAL STORY behind it.
    Some VIP friends told him if he would crouch they would donate $5k. @YasielPuig knows what kind of difference that would make for some very special kids so he crouched. Several times. #forthekids

3:20pm ∑ 19 Aug 2019
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-19-2019),Tom Servo (08-19-2019)

The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

19. Likes:

Chip R (09-30-2019),marcshoe (09-30-2019),mbgrayson (09-30-2019),REDREAD (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-30-2019),wally post (10-01-2019)

Nothing but class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

21. Likes:

CarolinaRedleg (09-30-2019),dfs (09-30-2019),muethibp (09-30-2019),RED VAN HOT (09-30-2019),Revering4Blue (09-30-2019)

Very strange year for Puig, Hit for higher average and OBP for Cleveland, but power completely disappeared. 2 homers in 2 months. And actually he did not hit a homer in the last weeks for us. So 2 homers in 2.5 months.

I do not think PUIG is going to get PAID !!

He might even have to sign a one year prove it deal.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

He'll be cheap, I'd bring him back.
    Go Gators!

24. Likes:

Big Klu (09-30-2019)

Turn Off Ads?