Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/1/19 - Reds @ Braves

Re: 8/1/19 - Reds @ Braves

Quote Originally Posted by Jomama View Post
    I also said irony. He could have been pointing out the irony of it and yes, he may actually be mad about it. He has that right. I don't get mad any more because nothing this organization does surprises me. All I tried to do was point out an article that actually said that VanMeter would pretty much be an every day player because you said you couldn't find one. Sorry, I thought you might find the article interesting. I didn't know you would react in this manner.
    They are going to platoon all over the place. I can't say I like it particularly but at least they have a plan. the only thing I disagree with is Jose Iglesias needs to have his playing time cut back a lot. He shouldn't be back next year
    Crazy Reds Fan

2. Turn Off Ads?

Early in the thread there was a question about odd start times in Atlanta. Braves moved their start times back when they moved from downtown (Turner Field) to the 'burbs (SunTrust soon to be Truist - ugh). The rationale, at least publicly:

They were moving the stadium much closer to the geographic center of the fan base in the metro region - those folks would be much closer to home when the games end.

What they didn't say is that because they have nowhere near the amount of parking or any access to MARTA like they did at Turner Field, they need all of the corporate folks to leave their office megaplexes at the end of the workday to open up parking spaces in the private decks all over the area for people coming to games.

Oh, and they also put the stadium at an even worse spot for traffic (anything on the north side of town) than where they were.

Maybe they were showcasing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando View Post
    They are going to platoon all over the place. I can't say I like it particularly but at least they have a plan. the only thing I disagree with is Jose Iglesias needs to have his playing time cut back a lot. He shouldn't be back next year
    peraza is the gary sutherland of the reds

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Early in the thread there was a question about odd start times in Atlanta. Braves moved their start times back when they moved from downtown (Turner Field) to the 'burbs (SunTrust soon to be Truist - ugh). The rationale, at least publicly:

They were moving the stadium much closer to the geographic center of the fan base in the metro region - those folks would be much closer to home when the games end.

What they didn't say is that because they have nowhere near the amount of parking or any access to MARTA like they did at Turner Field, they need all of the corporate folks to leave their office megaplexes at the end of the workday to open up parking spaces in the private decks all over the area for people coming to games.

Oh, and they also put the stadium at an even worse spot for traffic (anything on the north side of town) than where they were.
    atlanta is the capital of corporate yuppiedom

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I don't hear anyone complaining that Bell isn't in the dugout. I'm concerned the suspension could prevent him from making history...

From the WSJ:
    The good news for Bell is that with two months left in the season, there’s still plenty of time for him to make history. In fact, if he tries hard enough, he could even set an all-time record for ejections. Nobody has ever been ejected more than 11 times in a season, an honor held by John McGraw (1905), Dahlen (1911) and Bobby Cox (2001), the true ejection king: Cox was tossed from 158 regular-season games in his Hall-of-Fame career.
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-roo...es-11564692294
    Last edited by malcontent; 08-01-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't hear anyone complaining that Bell isn't in the dugout. I choose to believe that's a positive sign.
    I hope we see him in there with a fake mustache and glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Fil3232 View Post
    The fun thing about the lineup is there’s always something to complain about!
    And it will be moot as half the guys will be double switched out by the end!

9. Likes:

Jomama (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    I hope we see him in there with a fake mustache and glasses.
    He will be in a Mr. Reds costume.

11. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Puig struggled in his last few games before being traded. Prior to that, he was going fine.
    Last 15 games....15 straight starts

.207 avg
    .281 ob%
    .327 slug

.608 OPS.....a pop up and swinging bunt machine, with a lot of k’s

He looked really bad the last many games, not the last few.

13. Likes:

fondfoat (08-01-2019),Jomama (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

.207 avg
    .281 ob%
    .327 slug

He had about a month or maybe a bit longer where he was hitting the hell out of the ball then just fell right off the cliff again, but his arm in RF never fell off the cliff. His arm saved a bunch of runs from scoring. I'd love if Aquino came right out to gun down anyone trying to score on him.. Somehow though I'm sure anyone rounding 3rd will try to test him until proven otherwise. They'll all want to see if the scouting reports are right or not..

The A's beat the Brewers today.
    The Phillies beat the Giants 10-2 Scooter didn't play.
    Puig is hitting cleanup tonight in Cleveland vs Houston.
    Cubs @ Cardinals
    Pirates are off tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post

.207 avg
    .281 ob%
    .327 slug

Agreed. He had looked bad for a while.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Whoever we'd like to see rake tonight, let's get mad about whoever's not in the lineup in their spot. Seems to be working fairly well of late.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The A's beat the Brewers today.
    The Phillies beat the Giants 10-2 Scooter didn't play.
    Puig is hitting cleanup tonight in Cleveland vs Houston.
    Cubs @ Cardinals
    Pirates are off tonight
    A's beat the hell out of Hader in that series.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

18. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-01-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    Haven't seen any mention of a delay tonight, but the weather there doesn't look promising.
    It's likely just the evening popup showers (I hope) .I'm close to Columbia SC just east of Atlanta . It looked like all heck (misspelled version of Hades) was breaking lose in the sky earlier. It poured down rain for about an hour then quit soon as the sun began setting..Nice n cool and comfortable outside now..
    Actually I made it rain by watering the grass earlier.. Not quite as effective as washing a car, but close.

20. Likes:

NebraskaRed (08-01-2019)

Another game without Thom?

22. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-01-2019)

Turn Off Ads?