Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 130

Thread: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

  1. #31
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    119

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think he's sincere. But after a year or two out of the league and he's all healed up he may get the urge to come back and fulfill his destiny. He may feel he left something on the table.
    Destiny?

  2. Likes:

    Chip R (08-26-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Member Wonderful Monds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Couldn’t imagine a worse thing that could’ve happened to the NFL today, tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    When it comes to crow, I'd like nothing more than to eat Dick's all season long and into the postseason.

  5. #33
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Next man up. I’m surprised but not shocked, Luck is a different cat. I wish he would have announced this in the off season not 2 weeks before opening day but oh well.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  6. Likes:

    Revering4Blue (08-25-2019)

  7. #34
    Kmac5 KoryMac5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Waterloo, NY
    Posts
    3,815

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    I would imagine he got pretty despondent after the latest injury did not respond to treatment over the last several weeks sometimes when we are at our lowest we make some choices that had we given it some time we would not have made...I think he plays again at some point.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

  8. Likes:

    Kingspoint (08-25-2019)

  9. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,371

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Reading some of the Colts' fans messages on the internet defending the booing is interesting. Makes me realize too many people are taking their fandom a little too seriously. Luck deserves better than the "Wine and cheese" fans in Indy.

  10. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (08-26-2019),Kingspoint (08-25-2019)

  11. #36
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,171

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    He wasnít a miss...

    24k yards, 171 TD, 83 INT, 14 rushing TD in 86 games played.

    Never fully recovered from a gruesome injury. He was legit, though.
    An 86 game career and no Super Bowls is a miss. End of story. That's not what the hype was said to be

  12. #37
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,171

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Interesting that the Colts are not going to collect the $24 million in signing bonuses owed to them:

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/co...uck-retirement

    This is far different than what happened in Detroit with Barry Sanders.

    Won't this result in a huge salary cap hit for the team?

  13. #38
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Interesting that the Colts are not going to collect the $24 million in signing bonuses owed to them:

    https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/co...uck-retirement

    This is far different than what happened in Detroit with Barry Sanders.

    Won't this result in a huge salary cap hit for the team?
    I think this is to keep a positive relationship on the off chance he takes a year off and wants to come back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    An 86 game career and no Super Bowls is a miss. End of story. That's not what the hype was said to be

    Definitely not a miss, this coming year would have been the first time in his career he had a legit shot at the Super bowl.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  14. Likes:

    Chip R (08-26-2019),Kingspoint (08-25-2019),Revering4Blue (08-25-2019)

  15. #39
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,521

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Next man up. I’m surprised but not shocked, Luck is a different cat. I wish he would have announced this in the off season not 2 weeks before opening day but oh well.
    True, but it still gives them a clean slate to move forward from. Luck gave it two years and it wasn't in the cards. He could have dragged it out, collected another $40M on potential alone from someone, most likely the Colts.

    I find this to be a very respectable decision and gift to the Colts. It's a black mark for anyone who booed him for this. I hope Luck remembers that there ae more good people in Indiana than the ignorant yahoos that booed him.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  16. Likes:

    Griffey012 (08-25-2019)

  17. #40
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    True, but it still gives them a clean slate to move forward from. Luck gave it two years and it wasn't in the cards. He could have dragged it out, collected another $40M on potential alone from someone, most likely the Colts.

    I find this to be a very respectable decision and gift to the Colts. It's a black mark for anyone who booed him for this. I hope Luck remembers that there ae more good people in Indiana than the ignorant yahoos that booed him.
    Fan is short for fanatic, it was an emotional night and people do dumb things when they are emotional. When did it become a crime to boo someone anyway?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  18. #41
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,497

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Fan is short for fanatic, it was an emotional night and people do dumb things when they are emotional. When did it become a crime to boo someone anyway?
    The same fans who booed will probably cheer if the Colts do something to honor him (provided he doesnít try to force a trade and stays in good graces).

    Luck should have been far away from Lucas Oil anyways but even then how do you know when a reporter is going to break something on social media?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  19. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,521

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    Fan is short for fanatic, it was an emotional night and people do dumb things when they are emotional. When did it become a crime to boo someone anyway?
    Again....it's a black mark on anyone who booed him. No "excuses" can change that. Total lack of class despite being disgustingly immature.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  20. Likes:

    Chip R (08-26-2019),dubc47834 (08-25-2019),Griffey012 (08-25-2019)

  21. #43
    Member redsfanmia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,950

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Again....it's a black mark on anyone who booed him. No "excuses" can change that. Total lack of class despite being disgustingly immature.
    I boo lack of effort, dies that make me disgusting immature?
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

  22. #44
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,401

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    An 86 game career and no Super Bowls is a miss. End of story. That's not what the hype was said to be
    Dan Marino is a miss too, I guess. If you don’t win a super bowl you’re trash.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  23. #45
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,497

    Re: 2019 Indianapolis Colts: Super Bowl or Bust

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Dan Marino is a miss too, I guess. If you donít win a super bowl youíre trash.
    You are also comparing a 16 year career to a 7 year career. 260 games to 86. Marino isnít exactly the best comparison.

    Iím not buying that Indianapolis was a Super Bowl threat before this either. Not with Brady and Belichick still in the AFC, or Patrick Mahomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator