Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Fire JR House (3rd base coach) at end of the season?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, fire him

35 64.81%
  • no, keep him for 2020

19 35.19%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire JR House (3rd base coach) at end of the season?

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Fire JR House (3rd base coach) at end of the season?

Two: shouldn't have sent Suarez, should have sent Galvis
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's almost verb worthy now. The Reds got "JR Housed" on that play at home. He's infamous

4. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-20-2019)

Which Castellini or Williams brother does he golf with?

That's the only relevant question at this point.
    "Lemonade requires a significant amount of sugar. Otherwise, you've just made lemon juice."

6. Likes:

DocRed (08-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CaribbeanRed View Post
    It's almost verb worthy now. The Reds got "JR Housed" on that play at home. He's infamous
    Yes, and for the people that want documentation:
    On 8/19 in the third inning, House sent Suarez home and Suarez was thrown out by a mile.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

8. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-20-2019)

Just saw the image on his BB Reference page, and I think I have identified the problem.

Name:  a6c24d92_davis.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  4.3 KB

10. Likes:

Edd Roush (08-20-2019),jimbo (08-20-2019),NC Reds (08-20-2019),REDREAD (08-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CaiGuy View Post
    Just saw the image on his BB Reference page, and I think I have identified the problem.

Name:  a6c24d92_davis.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  4.3 KB
    I still think of House mostly as a legendary high school football player. Perhaps he'd be better suited to coaching high school football?

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I really do not understand it at this point and keeping JR House on staff is probably my biggest mark against David Bell at this point. We have had enough of a sample size here to make an informed decision. It's time to move on. He clearly has poor judgment.

13. Likes:

REDREAD (08-20-2019)

Last night sucked for sure.

I do not think a 3B coach's job is limited to game duty, and I am betting he's seen as really good at other aspects. I'm with woy on this one, mistakes are always amplified, especially by guys not known for speed. And this Reds team is pretty slow.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

15. Likes:

Chip R (08-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedForLife View Post
    The general rule is that if the runner is rounding 3rd before the outfielder takes possession of the ball, you send the runner. If the outfielder has taken or is in the process of taking possession of the ball as the runner is rounding 3rd then you hold the runner, generally. What you said is absolutely true and it may be what separates the good 3B coaches from the mediocre ones. A good 3B coach has "to know in those spots who is running and what their abilities are."
    Well said. In last night's game (I was there behind first base in the Club Level so had great view of third base and left field), the outfielder had the ball and Suarez was still two steps from the third base bag. He took a step back to second when the ball was hit and it was hit hard right at the left fielder. Billy Hamilton wouldn't have scored. Ugh!
    "Baseball is only dull to those with dull minds."

17. Likes:

DocRed (08-20-2019),REDREAD (08-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Yes, and for the people that want documentation:
    On 8/19 in the third inning, House sent Suarez home and Suarez was thrown out by a mile.
    This is funny
    Crazy Reds Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Last night sucked for sure.

I do not think a 3B coach's job is limited to game duty, and I am betting he's seen as really good at other aspects. I'm with woy on this one, mistakes are always amplified, especially by guys not known for speed. And this Reds team is pretty slow.
    They can keep House on the staff if he's valuable in other areas, but he needs to stop being the 3b coach. He is awful at it. He should know that the Reds' team is very slow and stop being so
    reckless. It was obvious (even from the TV) when I saw how hard that ball was hit, that Suarez should be held at 3b.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

20. Likes:

DocRed (08-20-2019),Edd Roush (08-20-2019)

They can keep House on the staff if he's valuable in other areas, but he needs to stop being the 3b coach. He is awful at it. He should know that the Reds' team is very slow and stop being so
    reckless. It was obvious (even from the TV) when I saw how hard that ball was hit, that Suarez should be held at 3b.
    I'm going to assume you have a 100% correct decision making history at your place of employment.

Even if House was responsible for all 14 times the Reds were cut down at home, and he certainly isn't, 14 mistakes in a year at any job other than surgeon or nuclear plant operator is not a reason to fire the guy.

God, Redszone will complain about anything. How does this actually make it out of the game thread anyway? BTW, I saw at least 14 missed strike calls that would have changed the complexion of the game as much as Suarez doing his impression of a crane attempting to take flight because an alligator emerged from the water.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    I'm going to assume you have a 100% correct decision making history at your place of employment.

Even if House was responsible for all 14 times the Reds were cut down at home, and he certainly isn't, 14 mistakes in a year at any job other than surgeon or nuclear plant operator is not a reason to fire the guy.

God, Redszone will complain about anything. How does this actually make it out of the game thread anyway? BTW, I saw at least 14 missed strike calls that would have changed the complexion of the game as much as Suarez doing his impression of a crane attempting to take flight because an alligator emerged from the water.
    Actually, in my line of work, if I made a mistake as large as House did, I would be fired. These are not minor mistakes, they are huge lapses in judgement.

Many large coorporations hold annual layoffs for underperforming employees. I have worked at numerous places. Sure, I did not lose my job , but I knew many people that did. House is not doing his job.. I am ok with him being reassigned, but he clearly does not know how to coach 3b. Time for an upgrade.

23. Likes:

DocRed (08-20-2019),Edd Roush (08-20-2019)

Actually, in my line of work, if I made a mistake as large as House did, I would be fired. These are not minor mistakes, they are huge lapses in judgement.

Many large coorporations hold annual layoffs for underperforming employees. I have worked at numerous places. Sure, I did not lose my job , but I knew many people that did. House is not doing his job.. I am ok with him being reassigned, but he clearly does not know how to coach 3b. Time for an upgrade.
    Your thread here was really ahead of the curve. You are perspicacious (vocab word of the day)

Simply put: his performance in the 3rd base coaching box in the past couple of weeks is a fireable offense. If the Reds leave him there next yr then that's a problem with the organization and Bell as a manager. You simply cannot afford to lose baserunners at home plate in this manner. You just can't.

25. Likes:

DocRed (08-20-2019),REDREAD (08-21-2019),Rolando (08-20-2019)

Quick, someone name the best 3rd base coach in baseball.
    Go Gators!

27. Likes:

Big Klu (08-21-2019),TRF (08-21-2019)

Turn Off Ads?