Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

Re: Hey guys. Cardinal fan with a few questions.

WINNER OF 5 against LOSER OF 4

2. Likes:

goreds2 (08-19-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Just my experience but when I took my kids to Kings Island at that age there didnt seem to be much for their age grou. Consider the Cincinnati Zoo, its one of the best in the country and close to downtown. Museum Center, yes. It's not the city museum but plenty cool especially if you can go up to the old tower where your kid can look out over the train yard. And Smale Park is plenty fun too...and free!

Have a great time!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-16-2019)

Thanks for the responses guys.

Our trip has been a blast. The city of Cincinnati has been great. Very nice people and very clean environment. Really enjoyed the Griffey Jr display as he was my favorite growing up. I don’t think enough people realize outside of Cincinnati how much history they have. I was very surprised by that.

The Taco place by the stadium, damnit. Best taco I’ve ever had.

The guys in the diamond box gave my son a certificate for his first game in cincinatti. His middle name is revell, and they misspelled it “Rebel”. We got a kick out of that but hey, we’re southern from Tn so we’ll take it.

Made a couple of Reds friends and exchanged numbers. I’ve invited them to a game at Busch so I might have made a few good relationships.

Stubby Clapp came over and gave my son a baseball, and one of the cincinatti coaches ( DD ) who was one of my favorite cards growing up in the 90’s did as well.

Very classy people and organization. Good luck to you guys. Will definitely pull for y’all against the Cubs and Brewers and Pirates.
    Last edited by STLWizard; 08-18-2019 at 07:25 PM.

7. Likes:

Big Klu (08-18-2019),Chip R (08-19-2019),North (08-19-2019),Ron Madden (08-18-2019)

Glad you had I good time. I've always enjoyed catching a road reds game also. We've had a great time in St. Louis a few times. Also, the city museum in St. Louis is nuts.

9. Likes:

STLWizard (08-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by ukredsfan View Post
    Glad you had I good time. I've always enjoyed catching a road reds game also. We've had a great time in St. Louis a few times. Also, the city museum in St. Louis is nuts.
    Awesome thanks for the kind words.

GO REDS!!! (Unless STL aid playing

11. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    If you have a five-year-old, and you're in town for three days, you might want to think about Kings Island, an amusement park about 25 miles northeast of the city on I-71.
    Agree. Our old itinerary was always a night game, a day game the next day and King's Island. Fact is my 30's son wants to do it in September again. No kids yet, but I told him he do it after his first is born. Dad's not able to ride those coasters anymore (probably able, but not willing).

As usual, a little late. Story of my life.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

13. Likes:

goreds2 (08-19-2019)

Turn Off Ads?