Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question how long has Reds Zone been around?

Re: I have a question how long has Reds Zone been around?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    When did we do the big board structure switch?
    Weren't there two?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I know there was something between Fastball and RedsZone, and the Enquirer message board may have been that. Was Richard Hand a regular poster there?
    I seem to remember a site called Dickie Thon maybe

4. Likes:

Chip R (08-15-2019),westofyou (08-14-2019)

... and then there was them days with the ol' Sun Deck forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-14-2019)

When I first started discussing the REDS through a bulleting board via either the Post or the Enquirer, it was so old that I was able to use it exactly the way I liked to...without a single gif....ever...on the entire page. Text format only, baby!!!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    When I first started discussing the REDS through a bulleting board via either the Post or the Enquirer, it was so old that I was able to use it exactly the way I liked to...without a single gif....ever...on the entire page. Text format only, baby!!!
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-15-2019),North (08-14-2019)

Looking at the user list, the earliest users on this board was 04-17-2000.

I joined in May 2001.
    A saxophone someplace far off played

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Yeah, I moved to Boston in 2003 and lived there for 7 years. Pretty incredible run. There must be almost complete indifference to Patriots Super Bowl parades at this point! The 2004 World Series parade was a doozy.
    The Celtics and Bruins have even gotten into the act in the last 12 years.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    They still manage to act afflicted despite a 21st century that's been one long parade. It's remarkable to watch from up close.
    Even back when the Pats were nothing and the Sox were cursed, the sports fanatics up here were spoiled by the Celtics and Bruins.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

13. Likes:

M2 (08-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I know there was something between Fastball and RedsZone, and the Enquirer message board may have been that. Was Richard Hand a regular poster there?
    The Dickie Thon board filled most if the Fastball-RedsZone hole.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

15. Likes:

Chip R (08-15-2019),westofyou (08-14-2019)

Sons of Sam Horn's game threads are pretty good at giving me something to laugh at, particularly things related to old songs, I'm not a basketball fan but one morning I looked at their Celtics game thread from the night before, and apparently Gordon Hayward had a good game, and a poster there had posted "Very on my Hayward son", and I'd happened to have left my kitchen tv on a 70's music channel, and the next time I went into my kitchen after I saw that, that Kansas song came on.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I just found this board recently. I did have an off and in presence on the enquirer board in 99/00 (99 season and then the Griffey mania). I can’t remember my handle though. Anyway I recall taking a break from the board at some point and when I came back around it was gone. Recently I got to thinking about that (long time ago I know) looked around and found this board. Come to find out there was a migration here from the old enquirer board.

Cox Media toted the bag until they failed at internetting, then it was a Bedouin thing for awhile. There were three avenues that I knew of Cox/Enquirer/Reds Listserve. That's where the kids all hung out and talked about how much we hated Brett Tomko (Mouth Breather) Willie Greene (Looks asleep!!), debated the small sample size of Nunnley and Stynes and wished Don Gullett could fix another Pete Schourek

19. Likes:

919191 (08-15-2019),camisadelgolf (08-16-2019),Rojo (08-17-2019)

21. Likes:

Chip R (08-15-2019),westofyou (08-15-2019)

In the beginning....
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by RedseatHR View Post
    I just found this board recently. I did have an off and in presence on the enquirer board in 99/00 (99 season and then the Griffey mania). I can’t remember my handle though. Anyway I recall taking a break from the board at some point and when I came back around it was gone. Recently I got to thinking about that (long time ago I know) looked around and found this board. Come to find out there was a migration here from the old enquirer board.
    You didn't miss much. Griffey got hurt a lot, they got a guy called Adam Dunn and he hit a lot of homers but he and Griffey got done in by some recliners and Dunn struck out too much, a kid called Austin Kearns got sat on by Fat Ray King which ruined him, there biggest free agent signing was Eric Milton which could have worked out better, Bob Boone like professional at bats, Dusty Baker's daughter set the lineup, guys could switch positions a lot because baseball is easy, and some guy called Votto was not paid by the Reds to walk, drank fancy coffee, and mostly refused to be elite and drive in runs but there was a year when the Reds told him to hit more homers. Best thing was that the Reds had a kid called Wily Mo and they were able to rework his contract so he could go back to the minors.

24. Likes:

919191 (08-15-2019),Boss-Hog (08-15-2019),Chip R (08-15-2019),cumberlandreds (08-14-2019),M2 (08-14-2019),mth123 (08-14-2019),RedsBaron (08-17-2019),RedseatHR (08-14-2019),Revering4Blue (08-14-2019),RichRed (08-16-2019),Ron Madden (08-14-2019),Roy Tucker (08-15-2019),UKFlounder (08-15-2019),westofyou (08-15-2019)

Turn Off Ads?