Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 8/17/2019 vs Cards

Re: 8/17/2019 vs Cards

Tonight's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game™ is Michael Lorenzen, who locked it down with two shutout innings of relief, and also had two hits and scored a run.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

2. Likes:

fondfoat (08-18-2019),Ron Madden (08-17-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano View Post
    me too. i think teams changing their look every 3 years or less cheapens the franchise. you cant get classier than the 76 unis. they should never have tinkered with them. teams like the dodgers, yankees and red sox dont.
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeCallMeTim View Post
    As nostalgic as the 75-76 unis are, I still think those 1969 button ups were pretty close to perfection.
    The 69-70 uniforms were button-up versions of the 75-76 unis. Personally, I like the button-ups best (they were pretty much perfect), but I wouldn't turn my nose at the BRM pullovers. Too many good memories.

5. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by mamell View Post
    Nah..Once I get out the diatomaceous they disappear pretty quick. I've never had a product work as fast on bugs.. It cuts them up from the inside out once they step in it..It cuts open their exoskeletons.. We had them pretty bad in the kitchen cabinets until I sprinkled it in there and they disappeared within a few days and never returned. We have a 20 pound bag in the house.. If you ever have bug problems get some..It works and is non-toxic to humans and pets unless you have pet bugs..
    Where can you buy it? (I'm having some problems with ants. Does it work on them, too?)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    The 69-70 uniforms were button-up versions of the 75-76 unis. Personally, I like the button-ups best (they were pretty much perfect), but I wouldn't turn my nose at the BRM pullovers. Too many good memories.
    I liked the 61's best followed by the 69-70's and the uniforms with the blue on it (forget which year) all need more red. 69-70? uniforms lack enough red for me, that's why I love vests.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-17-2019)

Where can you buy it? (I'm having some problems with ants. Does it work on them, too?)
    I buy it at Rural King. I think it does work on ants.

10. Likes:

Big Klu (08-17-2019)

A win tomorrow without beating up the bullpen would be nice.. We have Wood on the hill vs Flaherty.. Which Wood would you like to see if a Wood could chuck some...uhh..strikeouts?
    I wonder how many righties the Cards will have in their line-up tomorrow.

Watching the postgame. Sam LeCure looks like he is a lot more comfortable in front of the camera than he was even a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mhs95_06 View Post
    I wonder how many righties the Cards will have in their line-up tomorrow.
    How many do they have? (That's the answer.)

14. Likes:

mhs95_06 (08-17-2019)

Nah..Once I get out the diatomaceous they disappear pretty quick. I've never had a product work as fast on bugs.. It cuts them up from the inside out once they step in it..It cuts open their exoskeletons.. We had them pretty bad in the kitchen cabinets until I sprinkled it in there and they disappeared within a few days and never returned. We have a 20 pound bag in the house.. If you ever have bug problems get some..It works and is non-toxic to humans and pets unless you have pet bugs..
    I have to get an exterminator in soon. We have social (swarming) ground yellowjackets in the back garden, which I avoid because I'm allergic - I carry epipens at all times - but my wife was working in a side garde, and got swarmed. She figures 10 or more, 3 stings, saved from more by happening to wear loose-fitting clothing. One of 'em was stuck into her sleeve, which we saved to show the exterminator folks.

17. Likes:

North (08-17-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    As the song says, "What a difference a day makes..."

19. Likes:

Ron Madden (08-17-2019)

I hope Alabama and Baseball Dad are ok. They didn't post once in this game thread where we never trailed.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

21. Likes:

fondfoat (08-18-2019),Ron Madden (08-17-2019)

I know people think pullovers are "too 70's", and even I like button-ups better, but these uniforms bring back a lot of happy feelings!
    Although they do bring back so many fond memories, I'm not a fan of the pullovers.

The favorite uniforms in my lifetime were the 1961 and 1969 uniforms.

23. Likes:

indy_dave00 (08-18-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I hope Alabama and Baseball Dad are ok. They didn't post once in thiJomamas game thread where we never trailed.
    Heh.

BTW, I note your 535 SMS patch avatatar.

I grew up in Western NY...numerous Nike Ajax/Hercules batteries, Bomarc battery. B61's ?

Winner Winner chicken dinner

26. Likes:

North (08-18-2019)

Turn Off Ads?