Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rdirtypirates View Post
    This is absolutely insane. Neither will do any better than Dalton. You coach the players given to you. This team is on the front office. That is the constant year after year. You can't blame a coach for the front offices inability to put together a team. You can blame him for the other hundred questionable calls but sticking with Dalton is not one of them.
    It's about making a statement that mediocrity will not be accepted. Accountability starts at the top. If ZT isn't going to hold Dalton accountable for his poor play, then why should Dalton or anyone else on the team be worried about losing their job? This team has been in a realistic position to win 2 out of 3 this year and Dalton has turned the ball over and let his entire team down every single time. If the head coach says "that's ok", then this team is done until someone else is at the helm.

Edit to add: if the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results then I'd argue that benching Dalton is the exact OPPOSITE of insanity. We know we will lose with Dalton at QB. Benching him tells the team "losing isn't ok, we must win at all costs, nobody is safe".
    Last edited by Larkin90; 09-22-2019 at 04:39 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    My prediction - The Bengals will start 2-9, then win three of the last five to take themselves out of Tua/Herbert picking range. The "strong" finish will be enough for Mike Brown publicly state that the team needs to stay the course, extend Andy Dalton to a five year contract, and spend zero dollars in free agency.
    This is what has became a major problem in sports, tanking. Wanting your team to do bad to pin your hopes on an unproven player. Then when you get said player if everything works out you may win in two years. This strategy is destroying sports. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by tsdavis11 View Post
    It's about making a statement that mediocrity will not be accepted. Accountability starts at the top. If ZT isn't going to hold Dalton accountable for his poor play, then why should Dalton or anyone else on the team be worried about losing their job? This team has been in a realistic position to win 2 out of 3 this year and Dalton has turned the ball over and let his entire team down every single time. If the head coach says "that's ok", then this team is done until someone else is at the helm.

Edit to add: if the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, but expecting different results then I'd argue that benching Dalton is the exact OPPOSITE of insanity. We know we will lose with Dalton at QB. Benching him tells the team "losing isn't ok, we must win at all costs, nobody is safe".
    If that's the case, I think there are better places to start then Dalton. Dalton took this team to the playoffs five straight years and although not great is solid. Two players who have no experience with limited skill will not be better. If you wanna make a statement ok, but Dalton should not be the statement maybe Ross.

Dalton is not playing that poorly to deserve being benched...would be a quick way to lose an entire locker room by sitting him this early into a season.

I can see a scenario where over the last 3 games they decide to give Finley some burn.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I love the ignore feature. Just activated it. It very rarely has to be used, but this is an absolute must.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

7. Likes:

Hypnotoad (09-22-2019),Redsfaithful (09-23-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I love the ignore feature. Just activated it. It very rarely has to be used, but this is an absolute must.
    So glad the NBA season is coming up quick...

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    NFL needs to get the call right even if the Bengals still lose.
    Salty.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Dalton is not playing that poorly to deserve being benched...would be a quick way to lose an entire locker room by sitting him this early into a season.

I can see a scenario where over the last 3 games they decide to give Finley some burn.
    Dalton has turned the ball over SIX times! Three times in the redzone and twice on what could have been a game winning drive. He's had nearly a dozen passes batted down at the line, he has no mobility, he has no pocket awareness, and he has no leadership ability. If that's not enough to get this guy benched then nothing is.

That's twice this year that Dalton has had the ball in his hands with the game on the line and twice he's turned it over. If ZT doesn't make a statement by benching him then he's telling this team and this fanbase that losing is ok. If Finley or Dolegaga isn't under center at the start of next week, then I'm officially heading up the "fire Taylor" train
    If you're going to do that, you just trade Andy. . . and AJ. But Mikey Boy won't do that. He doesn't have the gonads to do it because it'll hurt his bottom line but it's the smart thing to do if you're trying to build long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    If you're going to do that, you just trade Andy. . . and AJ. But Mikey Boy won't do that. He doesn't have the gonads to do it because it'll hurt his bottom line but it's the smart thing to do if you're trying to build long term.
    I actually agree with this...why continue to run the treadmill of mediocre and 6-10 or 5-11...window closed after the Pitts game.

If you are not going to get involved in FA at all strip it down...

We know the answer Mike Brown...only thing we can hope for is that Katie and Troy want to get rich.

14. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Salty.
    Do you want me to take the bait? I'm fine with being banned.

It doesn’t matter. I think Dalton gets injured again before the end of the season. There’s no way any QB can hold up with this line the way it is. It may happen as early as next week in Pittsburgh. Would be a fitting end.

Then Finley will take his hits, maybe we’ll see Doegele(?). The Jets are down to their third string QB so anything is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Kirkpatrick reports he is tired of losing...perhaps Dre needs to look in the mirror and play better.

Kirkpatrick reports he is tired of losing...perhaps Dre needs to look in the mirror and play better.
    He could help the team out by cutting out the dumb penalties that help extend the other teams drives.

and Pitts goes down setting up a titanic struggle next week of 0-3 teams

Turn Off Ads?