Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 118

Thread: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

  1. #31
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    BOG doubles to start the 3rd

    Sims’ night is done
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  2. Likes:

    Ron Madden (09-28-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #32
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Peraza with the elusive walk

    2 aboard to start the 3rd, nobody out

    - - - Updated - - -

    Joey gives one a ride but no dice, although both runners advance.

    1 out for Geno
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  5. Likes:

    Ron Madden (09-28-2019)

  6. #33
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Geno walks

    Bases loaded for Aquino with 1 out
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  7. Likes:

    Ron Madden (09-28-2019)

  8. #34
    Moderator The Operator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Carlisle, OH
    Posts
    7,596

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Aquino taps one to Marvel, runner out at home

    Bases still loaded, 2 outs

    - - - Updated - - -

    Wow what an awful strike call against Van Meter
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

  9. Likes:

    Ron Madden (09-28-2019)

  10. #35
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    475

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    so someone explain to me what is going on with Aquino....I knew he was never going to keep up his August pace....but even the few HR's he did hit this month did not appear to have the power he was showing early. Is he just not seeing the ball as well? Has old bad habits become an issue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    classic 2019 Reds inning

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,938

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    so someone explain to me what is going on with Aquino....I knew he was never going to keep up his August pace....but even the few HR's he did hit this month did not appear to have the power he was showing early. Is he just not seeing the ball as well? Has old bad habits become an issue?

    - - - Updated - - -

    classic 2019 Reds inning
    The league has seen him and adjusted. Still looks pretty good to me. Tends to make contact. Has had a few good games, not a terrible slump.

  12. #37
    Member RedseatHR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    41

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Painful weekend.

  13. #38
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,467

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Gotta go lay down, you guys root home a winner.

  14. #39
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    475

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    The league has seen him and adjusted. Still looks pretty good to me. Tends to make contact. Has had a few good games, not a terrible slump.
    and I get that the adjustment will lower the HR's.....lower the BA....etc.....but I am not sure that should explain the significant difference in distance say his first 10 HR's were compared to his last 8 HR's? Does that make sense? I have not seen him hit one of those 450ish feet since the 2nd week of August.

  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,938

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Reds have won 12 of their last 30.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    and I get that the adjustment will lower the HR's.....lower the BA....etc.....but I am not sure that should explain the significant difference in distance say his first 10 HR's were compared to his last 8 HR's? Does that make sense? I have not seen him hit one of those 450ish feet since the 2nd week of August.
    Probably isn’t getting the fastballs in the zone. Still has a .579 slugging pct.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-28-2019 at 09:18 PM.

  16. #41
    Member Mutaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,704

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Quote Originally Posted by RedseatHR View Post
    Painful weekend.
    painful 6 years.

  17. Likes:

    Crumbley (09-28-2019)

  18. #42
    Be the ball Roy Tucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Mason, OH
    Posts
    15,591

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Ohio State 38-0 over Nebraska at the half.
    A saxophone someplace far off played

  19. Likes:

    North (09-28-2019)

  20. #43
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    208

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Jose!

  21. #44
    Member adkindo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    475

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    Iglesias with RBI single....tied 2-2

  22. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    26,938

    Re: Reds @ Pirates 9-28-19

    RBI by Iglesias ties game.

    Have to give Jose Iglesias credit, he’s had a nice year.

  23. Likes:

    North (09-28-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator