Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Results 106 to 116 of 116

Thread: Guess the date Bell is fired

  1. #106
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,845

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by CrosleyVet View Post
    Not much love for firing Bell, still accepting mediocrity?
    God could have managed this team with Jesus as the hitting coach and the Holy Ghost as the pitching coach, and this team would have finished under .500!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

  2. Likes:

    GAC (10-15-2019),westofyou (10-14-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #107
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    49,046

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Mets and the Pirates are interested in Bell as their manager. Mike, that is, the former Red and brother of David. He's in charge of player development for the D'Backs and has had some brief stints managing in the minors.

    Would be interesting if Pittsburgh hired him and you had two Bells managing in the NL Central.
    Interesting?

    Epic actually

  5. Likes:

    Tom Servo (10-14-2019)

  6. #108
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    39,985

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Kyle Boddy on David Bell:

    “David Bell is unbelievable,” Boddy said. “It’s amazing how involved he is with staff development on a consistent message from the top to the bottom. A big part of my interview was David Bell. Not a single other organization had the manager call me and not just try to sell me on it -- he was involved from day one.”

    https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball...ds-next-season
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  7. Likes:

    Crumbley (10-15-2019),RedlegJake (10-15-2019),Ron Madden (10-15-2019),wally post (10-15-2019)

  8. #109
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,348

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    God could have managed this team with Jesus as the hitting coach and the Holy Ghost as the pitching coach, and this team would have finished under .500!!!
    but, but, but...that Pythag...

  9. Likes:

    dubc47834 (10-16-2019)

  10. #110
    Goober GAC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Bellefontaine, Ohio
    Posts
    28,032

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    The Mets and the Pirates are interested in Bell as their manager. Mike, that is, the former Red and brother of David. He's in charge of player development for the D'Backs and has had some brief stints managing in the minors.

    Would be interesting if Pittsburgh hired him and you had two Bells managing in the NL Central.
    So if he's hired in Pittsburgh, did David and Mike get along growing up? Nothing like a good on-field sibling rivalry.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

  11. #111
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    49,046

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Looks like Will Venable and Eduardo Perez are being interviewed for manager positions. Damn this "nepotistic" game!! Damn it to hell!!

  12. Likes:

    Old school 1983 (10-15-2019),RedsManRick (10-15-2019),Tom Servo (10-15-2019)

  13. #112
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,154

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Looks like Will Venable and Eduardo Perez are being interviewed for manager positions. Damn this "nepotistic" game!! Damn it to hell!!
    There was no nepotism in baseball until Dick Williams...now just look at how the floodgates have opened
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

  14. Likes:

    Chip R (10-15-2019),westofyou (10-15-2019)

  15. #113
    Haunted by walks
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Syracuse
    Posts
    8,943

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Kyle Boddy on David Bell:

    “David Bell is unbelievable,” Boddy said. “It’s amazing how involved he is with staff development on a consistent message from the top to the bottom. A big part of my interview was David Bell. Not a single other organization had the manager call me and not just try to sell me on it -- he was involved from day one.”

    https://www.wcpo.com/sports/baseball...ds-next-season
    If the Reds are re-inventing baseball, we’re going to have to come up with a cool name for it. Bellball doesn’t do it. Not That Dick Williams Ball is worse. Maybe Cinciball?

  16. #114
    Knowledge Is Good Big Klu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Cambridge, OH
    Posts
    28,116

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Looks like Will Venable and Eduardo Perez are being interviewed for manager positions. Damn this "nepotistic" game!! Damn it to hell!!
    If Mike Bell is named as Pirates manager, then it will be a good hire based on his resumé. However, if David Bell resigned to join the Peace Corps and Mike Bell were hired to take his place, then it would be nepotism, and he would only have a job due to the Machiavellian machinations of his father (who holds a middle management position in the front office) and his grandfather (who has been dead for 25 years).
    Last edited by Big Klu; 10-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

  17. Likes:

    Chip R (10-16-2019),Tom Servo (10-16-2019)

  18. #115
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    49,046

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    If Mike Bell is named as Pirates manager, then it will be a good hire based on his resumé. However, if David Bell resigned to join the Peace Corps and Mike Bell were hired to take his place, then it would be nepotism, and he would only have a job due to the Machiavellian machinations of his father (who holds a middle management position in the front office) and his grandfather (who has been dead for 25 years).
    Yesterday was the 67th anniversary of the Reds obtaining Gus from the Pirates.

    In the Bell household they call that "Nepotism Day"

  19. Likes:

    Big Klu (10-16-2019),Chip R (10-16-2019)

  20. #116
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    141

    Re: Guess the date Bell is fired

    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    If the Reds are re-inventing baseball, we’re going to have to come up with a cool name for it. Bellball doesn’t do it. Not That Dick Williams Ball is worse. Maybe Cinciball?
    Given David Bell's eagerness to go fight the other guys (yay our manager wants to fight! he's got his players' backs!! *sarcasm*) how about "Ring Your Bell Baseball"


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator