Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Playoff Thread

Re: 2019 Playoff Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    A's gonna A's. Already down 3-0.
    Serves them right for leaving Homer off the WC roster!

2. Likes:

M2 (10-02-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not unusual to leave a starting pitcher off a one game roster right? The A’s green seems brighter than the old darker green color I remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Rantly View Post
    Not unusual to leave a starting pitcher off a one game roster right? The A’s green seems brighter than the old darker green color I remember?
    It was a tongue in cheek remark as there was quite some praise heaped upon Bailey here lately. If he was so good wouldn’t they have found a spot for him on the roster tonight in an elimination game?

Hey, maybe it’s because David refuses to pitch out of the bullpen?

6. Likes:

Rantly (10-02-2019)

I believe they are wearing kelly green as opposed to the usual hunter green.
    Go Gators!

8. Likes:

Rantly (10-02-2019)

I think Liam Hendriks is a FA this year....would be a nice add to our bullpen

10. Likes:

M2 (10-02-2019),Tom Servo (10-03-2019)

Another quick exit for the A's, I think they are cursed.
    Go Gators!

They reintroduced a kelly green alternate in the last couple of years, maybe this year? I can’t remember anymore.

13. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-03-2019)

Baseball 2019: A team that hit less home run's than the average team hits four home run's in a park that gives up less than the league average.

All their runs scored because of a home run.

The Rays had ONE batter touch second base that wasn't part of a home run.

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-03-2019),Ron Madden (10-03-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    I think Liam Hendriks is a FA this year....would be a nice add to our bullpen
    I remember the A's DFA'd him at one point last year and I was hoping the Reds would decide to take a shot on him. Turns out nobody decided to.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

If he was so good wouldn’t they have found a spot for him on the roster tonight in an elimination game?

Hey, maybe it’s because David refuses to pitch out of the bullpen?
    Why put him on the roster if you're not going to use him? Put the Reds in the A's place and have them start Sonny Gray. Why put Castillo, Disco and/or Bauer on the roster if they aren't going to be used?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Why put him on the roster if you're not going to use him? Put the Reds in the A's place and have them start Sonny Gray. Why put Castillo, Disco and/or Bauer on the roster if they aren't going to be used?
    Well, you'd probably put one of those guys on the roster in case you end up in extra innings. Or if you fall behind early and need one of them to go extended innings in relief. But you definitely wouldn't need ALL of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The Rays had Snell and Glasnow on their roster Chip. Along with Morton those are their top-3 starters. It makes sense in an all-hands on deck WC situation.

If the Reds were in the WC game and Gray started...if rested they would absolutely have a couple of the other guys you mentioned on the WC roster. You don't want to have to use them...but if the starter gets in trouble early or the game goes long...you will be glad they are available.

If the A's felt that strongly that Homer was a good pitcher (in that he would help them in an elimination game) they would have put him on the roster yesterday.
    Last edited by kaldaniels; 10-03-2019 at 09:57 AM.

If the A's felt that strongly that Homer was a good pitcher (in that he would help them in an elimination game) they would have put him on the roster yesterday.
    I get not having your 3-5 SPs on the roster for that game. Fiers, whom I'm guessing was their #2 SP, was there in case they needed long relief.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

21. Likes:

Chip R (10-03-2019),Ron Madden (10-03-2019)

After all the talk of him possibly pitching in the post season? Did Roark make the roster?

Why carry your entire starting rotation in a one game series?

It makes no sense to do that.

24. Likes:

Chip R (10-03-2019),Revering4Blue (10-03-2019)

Turn Off Ads?