Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 nominees

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 nominees

My 2 cents, heavily biased.. In general, I think they have reached the "let everyone in" point.. So I am not going to get upset if they all get in. Deleted the ones that I really don't have the knowledge to comment on.

Here's who we've got:

Pat Benatar - Easy yes..

Dave Matthews Band - I guess so. Not a huge fan, but worse bands are in.

Depeche Mode - Strong yes.

The Doobie Brothers - The "Tommy John" of the Rock and Roll hall of fame, did not dominate, but good longevity.

Whitney Houston - No, I don't really want any syrupy pop bands in.. That said, she probably makes it , if not this year, eventually.

Judas Priest - Not a "First ballot", but yea might as well let them in I guess.
    Kind of the Harold Baines of the RR HOF.

MC5 - no

Motorhead - I guess, worst have gotten in.

Nine Inch Nails - yes

The Notorious B.I.G. - no

Rufus featuring Chaka Khan - no. As far as I know, only one mainstream "hit".
    I am sure someone will correct me on that, but I don't even understand why this is nominated.. This isn't the rap hall of fame.

Todd Rundgren -No. I just don't think his whole body of work is worthy.

Soundgarden - yes.

T.Rex - no

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Is this like the baseball HoF? Fundamental debate of big hall or small hall?

If it's a small hall I don't see how anyone on that list is worthy except for Biggie.
    I think it's already a big hall.
    And to be honest, it kind of has to be a big hall.. Otherwise, maybe 10-20 bands get in and they only open the doors every 10 years or so
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Likes:

goreds2 (11-07-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2020 nominees

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wait until the KLF gets in
    They're justified and ancient.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

5. Likes:

M2 (Yesterday)

Turn Off Ads?