Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MLB Reportedly Pursuing “Radical Restructuring” Of Lower Minors

Re: MLB Reportedly Pursuing “Radical Restructuring” Of Lower Minors

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    BTW for all the people that used to say "Make Lexington a Reds franchise", in this crazy scenario it could happen. I assume Dayton stays a Reds franchise but what if they became AA like Akron? Then maybe Lexington becomes a Low A franchise available to Reds.
    Otherwise known as "my dream scenario". I'd just be happy if Lexington were in the same league as a Reds MiLB team.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: MLB Reportedly Pursuing “Radical Restructuring” Of Lower Minors

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Good point. If the MLB institutes these changes, the NCAA should up scholarships allowed from 11.7 to 25 the next day.

If it got the top level talent into their game in cooperation with Major League Baseball, the NCAA might change their rules.
    Obviously, I am not an NCAA rules expert, but if they give men 13 more scholarships at a school, aren't they also going to have to give 13 more scholarships to women? I know that's a drop in the bucket for most universities, but the colleges are cheap too. I am not a fan of paying college athletes, but for goodness sake, why can't they just give every college athlete a full scholarship? It's not as if the school really loses money on it. Ok, I know the real reason why.. because enough kids are willing to be college athletes, even at 1/2 scholarship or less.
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Turn Off Ads?