Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nationals Or Astros?

Re: Nationals Or Astros?

I'm all in for the Nats.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm hoping for a series of retroactive forfeits that give the Reds the title. It's bound to happen one year, in some universe.
    ď[Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

4. Likes:

malcontent (10-24-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Rooting for Nats so Iíll take them in 7.

Astros have gathered some pretty annoying personalities. Nats are much easier to root for, would love to see Scherzer and Rendon get a ring.

Rainey for series MVP
    What are the annoying personalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    What are the annoying personalities?
    Verlander can come off as a prig, Greinke is a case study on anti-social behavior in team sports and Osuna is a creep. But that's not like rooting for Hannibal Lechner either.

Except for Osuna

7. Likes:

marcshoe (10-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitri View Post
    Rooting for Nats so I’ll take them in 7.

Astros have gathered some pretty annoying personalities. Nats are much easier to root for, would love to see Scherzer and Rendon get a ring.

Rainey for series MVP
    I don't know for sure but I've read that Adam Eaton of the Nats has an annoying personality.

At least Todd Frazier and Ozzie Guillen think so.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/wh...te-sox-uniform
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-20-2019 at 11:57 PM.

Houston is my pick.
    I am just a poor boy though my story's seldom told.

i'm rooting for the Nationals because the Astros already have a ring but i'm fine with either one winning it

i'm going with Astros in 7
    There are 3 guarantees in life; death, taxes, and the leadoff walk coming around to score.

11. Likes:

North (10-21-2019)

I'm rooting for the Nats

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Verlander can come off as a prig, Greinke is a case study on anti-social behavior in team sports and Osuna is a creep. But that's not like rooting for Hannibal Lechner either.

Except for Osuna
    You could say the same for Scherzer but he may be my favorite player in the game. Soto seems to bother some and he might be my favorite hitter on their team. And Trea Turner is Drew Stubbs all put together

14. Likes:

westofyou (10-21-2019)

Being a Virginia boy, I adopted all the Washington teams when I was a kid, for better or worse: Redskins, Bullets, Capitals. Since there was no baseball team in DC at the time, I became a Reds fan. So I’m pulling for the Nats since I suppose they would’ve been my favorite team in an alternate universe.

Also, Ryan Zimmerman is from my hometown of Virginia Beach and I like the story line of the Nats’ first ever draft pick sticking around and finally getting a shot at the World Series.

Go Nats.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

16. Likes:

cumberlandreds (10-21-2019)

My hearts says Nats but my gut says the Astros. If somehow the Nats can pull off a win against Cole in Game 1 they have a real shot in this series. But Cole has been unbelievably good this year so I doubt a Nats win happens. Anyway I think it will go six with the Astros winning their 2nd title in three seasons.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I have two principles about the World Series and I am sticking with them.
    1. I'm a National League fan and always root for the NL team unless it's the Dodgers.
    2. Rule number 1 is void if the AL team is the Yankees. Then I'll even root for the Dodgers.

That said, I think the Astros are the better team. Game 1 is the key for the Nats. If Scherzer can somehow beat Cole, they have a chance, as I think Verlander and Greinke can be beaten.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    You could say the same for Scherzer but he may be my favorite player in the game. Soto seems to bother some and he might be my favorite hitter on their team. And Trea Turner is Drew Stubbs all put together
    Max and Verlander are a little intense and a lot of their lack of huggibility is self inflicted

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Nats all day. Love their park, the Presidents Race (Poor Teddy) and I love to root for the underdogs. Actively cheering for Washington.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

21. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-21-2019)

I don’t like Verlander based on the sole fact that he gets 12 hours of sleep a day.

Bregman rubs me the wrong way for some reason too.

Turn Off Ads?