Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nationals Or Astros?

Nationals Or Astros?

It's the Nats vs the Astros in the 2019 World Series.
    I don't know how to start a poll question so I'll just ask.
    Who do you want to win it all and why?

I usually root for the NL.
    I'd like to see the Nats get the first championship in franchise history but then it's hard for me to root against Jose Altuve. How can you root against that guy?

I think I'll root for Houston, I like AJ Hinch, Altuve, Springer and Correa. I also like the Houston pitching staff. I just like more Houston players than I like Washington players.

Who are you rooting for?
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 10-20-2019 at 11:40 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Nationals Or Astros?

Cole, Verlander, Greinke vs. Scherzer, Strausburg, Corbin. Seems like a draw. Not sure if they'll go to a 4th starter or use bullpen days, but if they do, you'd think Anibal Sanchez would be a clear favorite over Wade Miley. Other than that, it's probably down to one player coming out of nowhere and winning it or a star going nuts. It could be anybody, but if I had to bet on one guy going crazy it would be Alex Bregman, so I'll say Houston, but it looks pretty even to me to be honest.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

4. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-20-2019)

I’m always for the first timer city that has never won one, AL or NL.

You have to respect everything about the Astros and their organizations leadership.

Analysis: I don’t see the Nats staff shutting down the Astros like the Cards. Astros in 6.

This could be one of the finest WS starting pitching matchups on both sides that we will see.

6. Likes:

RedsBaron (10-20-2019),Ron Madden (10-20-2019)

Vegas says Astros in a near landslide.....but I think the Nationals have a solid chance at this series.

8. Likes:

Ron Madden (10-20-2019)

I'd bet on the Astros but I will root for the Nationals. The Astros won the World Series two years ago. Not only have the Nationals never before been in the World Series, Washington last had a team in the World Series in 1933 and won its only Series in 1924.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

10. Likes:

Chip R (10-21-2019),KYExtemper (10-20-2019),Ron Madden (10-20-2019)

NATS!

12. Likes:

Old school 1983 (10-20-2019),phlbilly (10-20-2019),Ron Madden (10-20-2019)

Seven games of tense baseball

14. Likes:

Number_Fourteen (10-20-2019),Ron Madden (10-20-2019),Spitball (10-21-2019)

Robert Osuna makes me scream GO NATS!

16. Likes:

757690 (10-20-2019),Rojo Rijo (10-22-2019),Ron Madden (10-20-2019),westofyou (10-20-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    Robert Osuna makes me scream GO NATS!
    MLB should have a rule that a team that has a player on their roster who has a restraining order against him, can’t play in the postseason.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I’m feeling the Nats here. (Vegas being so pro-Houston makes me second guess that)

Astros lose no more than 2 games. Starting pitching looks good on both sides. But when it comes to relief pitching, defense and offense the Astros have a big edge. And they have that "it" factor in the batting order with players that have proven to step up and become heroes in big games.

The only thing I see that the Nats have going for them is that they have had more time to rest but 2 days off might turn out to be more beneficial than a whole week.
    Last edited by foster15; 10-20-2019 at 01:54 PM.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Nationals to win in 6.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    MLB should have a rule that a team that has a player on their roster who has a restraining order against him, can’t play in the postseason.
    There are a lot of phony orders out there...

I don’t think the Astros are beatable in a 7 game series with 4 in Houston and Cole fresh for game 1

Astros have Carlos Correa in the 7 hole lol

23. Likes:

wlf WV (10-22-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I don’t think the Astros are beatable in a 7 game series with 4 in Houston and Cole fresh for game 1

Astros have Carlos Correa in the 7 hole lol
    This series looks more to me like the Reds(Astros) vs. Yankees(Nats) in 1976 except the Yankees had the better starting pitching on paper where the NATS and Astros looks more like a toss-up in that area. Correa in the 7 hole, Johnny Bench in 7 hole.

I'm going to now go and put my money on the Stros. I don't think the Nats have a chance in hell.

25. Likes:

wally post (10-20-2019)

Turn Off Ads?