Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019-2020 MLB Offseason News, Rumors, and Discussions

Re: 2019-2020 MLB Offseason News, Rumors, and Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    per the eye test, I really like Corey Dickerson....liked him since he was in Tampa, but I looked at his numbers and I did not realize he appears to have lost his power in recent years, then this past year did not play much.
    Dickerson is a solid hitter but for whatever reason gets less pub than others and will likely be much cheaper. That being said I still prefer Castellanos because I think he very well may be about to break out with a career year. I would love to get any of the 3 of Castellanos, Dickerson or Ozuna.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Ex Red going to Korea

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Dan Straily has deal with the Lotte Giants of the KBO (Korea). $1M.

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-14-2019),DocRed (12-14-2019)

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman
    Puig actually met with multiple teams out in San Diego. The other(s) remain #mysteryteams

6. Likes:

DocRed (12-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Hope so but he was way cheaper than I thought he would be, only $5M + incentives. Figured he would get 2 for $8 to $10M per. He was basically Disco last year.

They got Lindblom for cheap too
    It deserves notice that the Reds are in a tough division. The Cardinals reload every year. The Brewers are a first-rate organization. The Cubs have gobs of money. You've got to earn it in the NL Central.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

8. Likes:

DocRed (12-14-2019),REDREAD (12-15-2019)

who is the one we know?

Quote Originally Posted by adkindo View Post
    who is the one we know?
    Miami.

Puig said he'd like to play for Don Mattigly again and he also lives in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Miami.

100% speculation on my part....but I think there is a chance the Reds got the best version of teammate Puig last year. He did not cause any issues, and mostly played hard, but they realized that Turner Ward made the transition easier for Puig. Still, I think the Reds saw things from even the best version of Puig that they did not love.....like him brushing off the Field Shift cards and may have not taken coaching very well. Some of the milder complaints that people with the Dodgers had during his tenure. This led the Reds to believe for this reason, Puig will never really get close to that potential everyone thinks they see in him.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

https://twitter.com/wboor/status/120...658347008?s=19

#Padres and #Indians have had trade discussions, according to sources. Unclear how far along talks may be, but Padres have prospects necessary to make a deal.
    Guy is a writer for MLB.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I suggest you go back and look at what they've done in free agency over the years. Lots of smart buys. Their M.O. is to make trades for upper tier guys and use free agency for the supporting cast. That's all kinds of smart.
    Examples? Obviously Mikolas was a good snag but I can’t think of much else. I’m sure there are other I can’t think of off the top of my head but I think of a lot more Brett Cecil’s and Dexter Fowler’s than good buys.

This is from December 2017, so missing Mikolas. But a pretty uninspiring list. https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/platfor...-lance-berkman
    Last edited by Griffey012; 12-13-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Examples? Obviously Mikolas was a good snag but I can’t think of much else. I’m sure there are other I can’t think of off the top of my head but I think of a lot more Brett Cecil’s and Dexter Fowler’s than good buys.

This is from December 2017, so missing Mikolas. But a pretty uninspiring list. https://www.vivaelbirdos.com/platfor...-lance-berkman
    That's an amazing list. Carlos Beltran should be on it. There's a World Series win and a tight World Series loss that got delivered by some of the guys on that list. If the Reds made deals like that, we'd be walking around in a stupor of joy.

Also, in the 2000s the Birds signed Chris Carpenter, Jeff Suppan, Woody Williams, Jason Isrringhausen, Reggie Sanders and David Eckstein.
    Last edited by M2; 12-14-2019 at 12:39 AM.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

15. Likes:

REDREAD (12-15-2019),Revering4Blue (12-14-2019)

Miami.

He'd be a great fit down there. He gives them some brand name talent and he's got the kind of personality to bring some of the spotlight back to what is probably the least attractive team in the sport (Sorry Baltimore). On top of that he's Cuban. That city would love him.

17. Likes:

Ron Madden (12-14-2019)

Ex Red going to Korea
    And to think there were people absolutely up in arms over trading Dan Straily for a nobody named Luis Castillo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

19. Likes:

CaiGuy (12-14-2019),Old school 1983 (12-14-2019),Patrick Bateman (12-14-2019),Ron Madden (12-14-2019),Tom Servo (12-14-2019),WrongVerb (12-14-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's an amazing list. Carlos Beltran should be on it. There's a World Series win and a tight World Series loss that got delivered by some of the guys on that list. If the Reds made deals like that, we'd be walking around in a stupor of joy.

Also, in the 2000s the Birds signed Chris Carpenter, Jeff Suppan, Woody Williams, Jason Isrringhausen, Reggie Sanders and David Eckstein.
    That is not an amazing list, it includes Kyle Lohse twice and Nick Punto. I wouldn’t include Yadier since he was already a Cardinal. Berkman/Holiday are great, otherwise it’s a handful of role players. The whole latter list you mention is mostly washed up pitchers who were reinvented by their famous pitching coach.

The cardinals remain great because they continue to get production out of seemingly nowhere. And get production out of lower round draft picks.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

21. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-14-2019)

Speaking of the deals they made, as opposed just to FA signings, don't forget J.D. Drew for Adam Wainwright. That deal's been foundational to their long run of success. (No matter how much RZ hates the Cardinals, they've been a tremendously successful org. for a very long time)

23. Likes:

Chip R (12-17-2019),M2 (12-14-2019),REDREAD (12-15-2019),Revering4Blue (12-14-2019)

Ken Rosenthal
    @Ken_Rosenthal
    ·
    4h
    #Brewers trying hard on Garcia, but no deal yet, sources say.
    Quote Tweet

José F. Rivera
    @josefriverap
    · 18h
    Developing news... Avisail García would be close to an agreement with Milwaukee #Brewers. #MLB

Turn Off Ads?