Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Burrow would leap at the chance to play for the bengals. He’s from southern OH.
    Exactly it is very rare a player turns down the opportunity to be the #1 pick...ego and competitive spirit over rule sense.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    That Familiar Look... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Burrow would leap at the chance to play for the bengals. He’s from southern OH.
    Those two sentences contradict each other. He's probably a Steelers fan.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-19-2019 at 10:49 AM.
    “I hate the word, ‘competitive,’” Krall said. “I hate the word ‘competitive’ because that means you played just good enough to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Burrow when to HS in Athens, but his dad moved around with Frank Solich as a coach on his staff. Who knows who he is a fan.

5. Likes:

RiverRat13 (11-19-2019)

Do you disagree there are many OSU football haters out there?
    Bengals signed a couple guys to the practice squad today. Do you know anything that you can tell us about Cody Thompson, WR from Toledo?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ad/4240806002/

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Bengals signed a couple guys to the practice squad today. Do you know anything that you can tell us about Cody Thompson, WR from Toledo?

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ad/4240806002/
    Yes, Thompson is a rock solid WR with great hands. Very quick. He suffered a pretty bad injury at UT and I’m not sure if he’s ever fully recovered. Prior to the injury he was a superb athlete with great hands. I don’t know if he is still a great athlete because of the injury, though.

Think Dane Sanzenbacher but stronger and quicker.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Yes, Thompson is a rock solid WR with great hands. Very quick. He suffered a pretty bad injury at UT and I’m not sure if he’s ever fully recovered. Prior to the injury he was a superb athlete with great hands. I don’t know if he is still a great athlete because of the injury, though.

Think Dane Sanzenbacher but stronger and quicker.
    Do you know what his injury was?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Do you know what his injury was?
    Broken leg
    What would you say.....ya do here?

We'll see if he ever contributes . There are certainly holes to fill

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Athens is three hours from Cincinnati on Rt 50. I live 45 minutes from Athens.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

From the you-can't-make-this-stuff-up department...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Fox Sports' Andy Slater reports Mark Walton was arrested Tuesday morning.

Walton is accused of punching his five-week pregnant girlfriend "several times in the face and head" 24 hours after discovering he was the father. He was arrested Tuesday morning in South Florida and promptly waived by the Dolphins. It's Walton's fourth arrest in the past year following his three violations this offseason. It would obviously spell the end of Walton's career if the allegations are proved to be true.

SOURCE: Andy Slater on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From the you-can't-make-this-stuff-up department...

Fox Sports' Andy Slater reports Mark Walton was arrested Tuesday morning.

Walton is accused of punching his five-week pregnant girlfriend "several times in the face and head" 24 hours after discovering he was the father. He was arrested Tuesday morning in South Florida and promptly waived by the Dolphins. It's Walton's fourth arrest in the past year following his three violations this offseason. It would obviously spell the end of Walton's career if the allegations are proved to be true.

SOURCE: Andy Slater on Twitter
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/19/us/mi...est/index.html

"During the course of the argument, Walton pushed (the woman) against a wall and punched her several times in the face and head. I observed (the woman) to have swelling on her left eye," the responding Davie officer wrote in his report."

Good riddance and get some serious help buddy. Laying a hand on a women disgust me (regardless of the circumstances, no excuse IMO)... but a pregnant woman who is carrying your child? You're scum IMO.
    Last edited by GAC; 11-20-2019 at 05:59 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

14. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-20-2019)

Looks like the Bengals are getting Cordy Glenn back this week.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...nn/4251103002/

Raiders DE Maxx Crosby was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 11.

The No. 106 overall pick in April's draft, Crosby became the second rookie since 1988 to record four sacks in a game when he feasted on the Bengals' league-worst offensive line last Sunday. Crosby has 6.5 sacks on the year after tearing up the Combine with a 4.66 forty and 6.89 three-cone time at 6'5/255. The Raiders may have found a mid-round gem in Crosby.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post

Raiders DE Maxx Crosby was named AFC Defensive Player of the Week for Week 11.

The No. 106 overall pick in April's draft, Crosby became the second rookie since 1988 to record four sacks in a game when he feasted on the Bengals' league-worst offensive line last Sunday. Crosby has 6.5 sacks on the year after tearing up the Combine with a 4.66 forty and 6.89 three-cone time at 6'5/255. The Raiders may have found a mid-round gem in Crosby.
    I have no idea how good Crosby is but I do know that at times he was coming in on Finley unblocked. If he has 6.5 sacks on the yr and 4 of them were vs the bengals and Bobby Hart I'll have to say that I'll have to see more.

That Familiar Look... Bob Sheed's Avatar

This gem from last May that I was absolutely blasted for. If anything, I was a bit optimistic, compared to what is transpiring. Everything I wondered if it would go wrong.... went wrong. Worse actually. Green injured all season. Dalton benched. Tua injured. Keeps him from having to find a way to get out of playing for the Bengals I guess. So good for him. If he repeats senior year, it won't be to draft dodge.

So unlucky, these Bengals are! And when AJ walks. Burrow refuses to play here. And they can't get anyone to sign that isn't a has-been or never-were. That will all be unlucky too.

He'll strictly be a blocking TE, to help out the rookie LT with short arms.

The defenses will all know this. So they'll pretty much ignore the TE in pass coverage, and cheat toward Green or whoever. Add this advantage to the other major advantage that opposing defenses already have against Dalton (take away the short/mid-range middle of the field because Dalton can't see over his linemen) and you can expect the Bengals passing game to be abysmal this season.

Their running game could have been good. But they'll have to do it against 8 in the box, and Dalton has a pretty sorry play action too, so no help there.

This offense should look much like the Kitna led offenses of the early 2000s. Blown out early, then lots of passing yards against the prevent. The defense is going to be bad. Really bad. They have Geno, WJIII, and that's pretty much it. Vegas has them at 6 wins, last I checked and I think that's being generous. My prediction is 4-12 if Dalton and/or Green stays healthy. If either goes down early, which they might, given the oline and injury history, they have a real chance at 0-16. Which would get them Tua, so there's that.

But there's a silver lining to Bengal seasons like these, if you live in Cincinnati: There will still be so many people watching the games. So it's the perfect time to go out a do stuff. Golf, whatever. No lines, no waiting. It's really awesome. And then when you get back home, check your phone, and see they lost by 3 touchdowns, you get the added bonus of knowing you didn't waste your afternoon watching Zac Taylor pad his Steakhouse Ownership resume'. Win/Win.

Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-22-2019 at 11:19 AM.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 11-20-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    “I hate the word, ‘competitive,’” Krall said. “I hate the word ‘competitive’ because that means you played just good enough to lose.

Turn Off Ads?