Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 630

Thread: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

  1. #61
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,501

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Instead of kicking the entire team to the curb, what would it take to just kick the Brown family to the curb and run it like the Green Bay Packers?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    1,217

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Like the Bengals do, you mean?
    Yeah, we know this. Thanks for the reminder. Again.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

  4. Likes:

    texasdave (11-10-2019)

  5. #63
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,571

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    As of right now, Finley has 28 Net yards passing on 29 dropbacks. (158 yards passing minus 89 yards from Int Ret, 33 yds on Fum Ret, and 8 yards on sacks).

    Easily predictable.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  6. #64
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,571

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    They actually had a bye week to prepare for this game...at this point fire everyone.
    It's nobody's fault, but ownership, and for that, the fans who show up to games and club events are responsible. Firing anyone changes nothing.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (11-10-2019)

  8. #65
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    228

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    A field goal? Oh well.
    9 out of 10 Ford trucks made in the last 10 years are still on the road. The rest made it home.

  9. #66
    Member CTA513's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    10,750

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    you should be fired on the spot for kicking a field goal down 49-10.

  10. Likes:

    Kingspoint (11-10-2019),North (11-10-2019)

  11. #67
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,571

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    you should be fired on the spot for kicking a field goal down 49-10.
    Really. What's the point?
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  12. #68
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    228

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Really. What's the point?
    Team morale, for one. Its better to go down swinging.
    Last edited by North; 11-10-2019 at 04:50 PM.
    9 out of 10 Ford trucks made in the last 10 years are still on the road. The rest made it home.

  13. #69
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,571

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by North View Post
    Team morale, for one. Its better to go down swinging.
    I don't consider that swinging. I consider that bending yourself over the barrel.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  14. Likes:

    North (11-10-2019)

  15. #70
    Member North's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Reading is fundamental.
    Posts
    228

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    0 and 9. There's nothing left but schadenfreude.
    9 out of 10 Ford trucks made in the last 10 years are still on the road. The rest made it home.

  16. #71
    That Familiar Look... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,512

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Back in the day, Mike Brown didn't want to pay for turf, but also didn't want to hire someone who knew how to grow natural grass there properly. So Paul Brown Stadium was a sandpit for a while. Guys were getting injured when their cleats would get stuck in it. It all but ruined Neil Rackers kicking career. He was spooked here. Couldn't make an extra point even. Until he left for Arizona and became a probowler.

    Jacksonville filed a league complaint against Mike Brown, citing dangerous field conditions. AJ Green should have done the same. Don't forget WHY Green got hurt.
    The league did step in and forced Mike Brown to pony up for turf. So yes, if the Bengals become dangerously inept, the league can and will step in.

    And I disagree about the other 31 owners not minding a doormat franchise. It's bad for business. It's bad for the brand. It's bad for competition. And it takes money out of each of their pockets, due to revenue sharing. Trust me... they all are well aware of Mike Brown's scam, and they are not happy about it.

    Like I said, games like today are the best thing possible toward liberating the Brown family from an NFL franchise. But it does need to get much much worse and for a longer period of time.

    Fortunately, I think Mike Brown is plenty stubborn enough to get us there. Maybe sooner than expected.
    “I hate the word, ‘competitive,’” Krall said. “I hate the word ‘competitive’ because that means you played just good enough to lose.

  17. #72
    Winning is fun.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Urbana, OH
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Back in the day, Mike Brown didn't want to pay for turf, but also didn't want to hire someone who knew how to grow natural grass there properly. So Paul Brown Stadium was a sandpit for a while. Guys were getting injured when their cleats would get stuck in it. It all but ruined Neil Rackers kicking career. He was spooked here. Couldn't make an extra point even. Until he left for Arizona and became a probowler.

    Jacksonville filed a league complaint against Mike Brown, citing dangerous field conditions. AJ Green should have done the same. Don't forget WHY Green got hurt.
    The league did step in and forced Mike Brown to pony up for turf. So yes, if the Bengals become dangerously inept, the league can and will step in.

    And I disagree about the other 31 owners not minding a doormat franchise. It's bad for business. It's bad for the brand. It's bad for competition. And it takes money out of each of their pockets, due to revenue sharing. Trust me... they all are well aware of Mike Brown's scam, and they are not happy about it.

    Like I said, games like today are the best thing possible toward liberating the Brown family from an NFL franchise. But it does need to get much much worse and for a longer period of time.

    Fortunately, I think Mike Brown is plenty stubborn enough to get us there. Maybe sooner than expected.
    The Browns the last decade have been much more inept than the Bengals AND their owner’s primary business was committing wide spread fraud, yet the league did nothing. You’re delusional if you think the league is going to step in because the Brown family is incompetent. Simply delusional.

  18. Likes:

    alwaysawarrior (11-11-2019),WVRed (11-10-2019)

  19. #73
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,501

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Back in the day, Mike Brown didn't want to pay for turf, but also didn't want to hire someone who knew how to grow natural grass there properly. So Paul Brown Stadium was a sandpit for a while. Guys were getting injured when their cleats would get stuck in it. It all but ruined Neil Rackers kicking career. He was spooked here. Couldn't make an extra point even. Until he left for Arizona and became a probowler.

    Jacksonville filed a league complaint against Mike Brown, citing dangerous field conditions. AJ Green should have done the same. Don't forget WHY Green got hurt.
    The league did step in and forced Mike Brown to pony up for turf. So yes, if the Bengals become dangerously inept, the league can and will step in.

    And I disagree about the other 31 owners not minding a doormat franchise. It's bad for business. It's bad for the brand. It's bad for competition. And it takes money out of each of their pockets, due to revenue sharing. Trust me... they all are well aware of Mike Brown's scam, and they are not happy about it.

    Like I said, games like today are the best thing possible toward liberating the Brown family from an NFL franchise. But it does need to get much much worse and for a longer period of time.

    Fortunately, I think Mike Brown is plenty stubborn enough to get us there. Maybe sooner than expected.
    If this was going to happen, it would have happened in the 90s.

    And I really think the Rooney’s, Haslams, or Steve Bisciotti want the Bengals to be successful. They are looking out for their own, and the Bengals are an easy win on the schedule.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  20. #74
    That Familiar Look... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,512

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    The Browns the last decade have been much more inept than the Bengals AND their owner’s primary business was committing wide spread fraud, yet the league did nothing. You’re delusional if you think the league is going to step in because the Brown family is incompetent. Simply delusional.
    Fair enough, but like I said above, it won't be enough to just be incompetent. They need to be dangerously incompetent. When that has happened in the past, the league has stepped in.

    I also think that, without collusion, if the rest of the league's agents, players., coaches, (the ones with any options at all), if they all collectively but as individuals, simply ghost the Bengals, I think in this Age of Information, that may be enough for the league to step in.

    I agree, it will take a LOT. In many ways, the perfect storm may be required. No one shows up for the games, players refuse to sign for the Bengals, every game is a blowout, etc. And the straw that could break the camel's back here is that it is widely known that Mike Brown isn't even trying to win.

    All these, collectively, could possibly garner change. And I think Mike Brown is stubborn enough to pull it off.
    “I hate the word, ‘competitive,’” Krall said. “I hate the word ‘competitive’ because that means you played just good enough to lose.

  21. #75
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    13,148

    Re: 2019 Cincinnati Bengals Part IV: All My Bengals

    Jason Lanconfora tweeted that Jeff Bezos is looking to buy a team but speculation revolves around Seahawks, Broncos and Redskins.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

  22. Likes:

    North (11-10-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator