Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63

Thread: Francisco Lindor

  1. #31
    Member 757690's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Dayton
    Posts
    24,376

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Lindor is going to get paid very close to free agent money his last two seasons, which is why the Tribe is willing to trade him.

    And it’s also why he won’t bring back what many here expect.
    Were going to get the pitching. -Bob Castellini
    You got the pitching, now what? - Reds fans

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Member Ron Madden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    10,735

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    The Indians are gonna keep Lindor until they get what they want.

    That might not happen until the trade deadline in July

  4. Likes:

    cumberlandreds (12-05-2019),JCM11 (12-04-2019),North (12-05-2019)

  5. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    2,466

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and Odolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.

  6. Likes:

    REDREAD (12-05-2019)

  7. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    mason
    Posts
    865

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and Odolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.
    That trade machine isnt in this universe.

  8. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    172

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    The Indians are gonna keep Lindor until they get what they want.

    That might not happen until the trade deadline in July
    Ron is very correct here regarding a Lindor trade. The Indians front office is very smart. They are known to set a high price and not vary from it. A Lindor trade would have to have an "overwhelming" package.

    The Indians are also not looking for a package of prospects. They will want some MLB or MLB ready controllable players as part of the package. If Lindor is traded the Indians will need to replace two infield spots (2B/SS or SS/3B) with Ramirez playing either second or third depending on who is acquired. I would think one of these spots would need to be filled in a Lindor trade. Think back to the Trevor Bauer trade.

    With all that said, I expect Francisco Lindor to start 2020 as a member of the Cleveland Indians. In the offseason before the 2019 season, all you heard from national writers is that Corey Kluber or Trevor Bauer (or both) would be traded. Neither were as the Indians price was not met.

  9. Likes:

    North (12-05-2019),REDREAD (12-05-2019)

  10. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Payneville,KY
    Posts
    55

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    If they want to move Lindor they may get better offers now. You have a larger pool of teams interested than at midseason with more control...... obviously the Indians would prefer to wait until trade deadline to see how their team is stacking up, but I'm not sure a good offer wouldn't get it done now. Whether we could or should offer said package is debatable.

  11. Likes:

    REDREAD (12-05-2019)

  12. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    71

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    You know I keep seeing posts from RedZone members wanting hitting and granted we do need hitting but I personally would advocate for middle relief pitching.

  13. #38
    Member Tracy Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,688

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    You are probably right, but I would honestly rather trade any combo of two prospects in the system over Lodolo, and I am including senzel in that statement. I have a feeling hes special.
    Its all moot because its not gonna happen anyway, but yeah. Its not like were talking about any player here. Were talking about Francisco Lindor, one of the top players in all of baseball, the best SS in all of baseball, and people are not willing to part with Nick Lodolo for 2 years of that? Its crazy.

    And I agree with you about Lodolo. He could be special. The operative word is could. Lindor is special. Hes a piece that would make the Reds instant NLC favorites. Not wanting him in order to hang on to a minor league pitcher at this point is nuts.

  14. Likes:

    REDREAD (12-05-2019),TRF (12-05-2019),Tuff Nut (12-05-2019)

  15. #39
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,748

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Jones View Post
    Its all moot because its not gonna happen anyway, but yeah. Its not like were talking about any player here. Were talking about Francisco Lindor, one of the top players in all of baseball, the best SS in all of baseball, and people are not willing to part with Nick Lodolo for 2 years of that? Its crazy.

    And I agree with you about Lodolo. He could be special. The operative word is could. Lindor is special. Hes a piece that would make the Reds instant NLC favorites. Not wanting him in order to hang on to a minor league pitcher at this point is nuts.
    I think most are like me and would trade him but would just feel sick doing so.

    I would also like to point out Lindor was kinda down last year. He was not the best SS in baseball and had the following slash line:

    284 / 335 / 518

    853 OPS

    Those are certainly really good numbers but the low OBP is kind of scary. However, it seems like hes sacrificing obp for slugging.

    With all that said, yes, I trade Lodolo + for him and dont think twice.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  16. #40
    Where's my chair? REDREAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Posts
    26,047

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Indians have several young, good SS (Freeman, Rochio...) so no need for Garcia. Instead of India, they would ask for Senzel. Senzel and LOdolo for Lindor and Zimmer or Allen is only a moderate overpay if you want to use trade machines. Cleveland keeps Lindor until at least mid season without a team paying a premium.
    I would do that deal (Senzel + Lodollo for Lindor + young OF).
    I just have a feeling that there will be a bidding war and Cleveland will get more than that.
    Cleveland still has a pretty good core of talent, even if Lindor is dealt, I would guess that Cleveland wants more immediate help. But maybe Lindor is the first step of a teardown over the next 12-24 months.. I don't know.

    Senzel is not exactly immediate help. He could be, but if Cleveland wants to contend this year, they would need offense to replace Lindor and Puig. Maybe they have already made some transactions that I forgot about..
    Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

  17. #41
    Pitter Patter TRF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Letterkenny
    Posts
    19,873

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would also like to point out Lindor was kinda down last year. He was not the best SS in baseball and had the following slash line:

    284 / 335 / 518

    853 OPS

    Those are certainly really good numbers but the low OBP is kind of scary. However, it seems like hes sacrificing obp for slugging.

    With all that said, yes, I trade Lodolo + for him and dont think twice.
    I say this all the time. You have to look at context. He was hurt to start the year. Sandwiched in between a limited April and a September he kinda slumped, he had four months of right where he always is, around a .350 OBP

    By Day/Month AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO AVG OBP SLG OPS
    April 37 6 9 0 0 3 6 0 9 .243 .237 .486 .723
    May 112 18 33 5 0 5 14 17 15 .295 .391 .473 .864
    June 112 17 34 11 1 4 7 6 23 .304 .339 .527 .866
    July 109 18 36 7 1 6 16 4 19 .330 .360 .578 .938
    August 118 21 34 11 0 8 19 11 11 .288 .344 .585 .929
    September 110 21 24 6 0 6 12 8 21 .218 .269 .436 .705

    He's such a no-brainer target it hurts. Too bad the Reds are not going after him.
    Use a Cocktail Stick!

  18. #42
    Bullpen or whatever RedEye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,206

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by chris9341 View Post
    You know I keep seeing posts from RedZone members wanting hitting and granted we do need hitting but I personally would advocate for middle relief pitching.
    Definitely important too, but you can get those smaller fish after you fry the big ones.
    "Ill kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thats just how I do things. -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

  19. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Posts
    2,466

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I would do that deal (Senzel + Lodollo for Lindor + young OF).
    I just have a feeling that there will be a bidding war and Cleveland will get more than that.
    Cleveland still has a pretty good core of talent, even if Lindor is dealt, I would guess that Cleveland wants more immediate help. But maybe Lindor is the first step of a teardown over the next 12-24 months.. I don't know.

    Senzel is not exactly immediate help. He could be, but if Cleveland wants to contend this year, they would need offense to replace Lindor and Puig. Maybe they have already made some transactions that I forgot about..
    Agreed it is not the best deal for Cleveland, but perhaps the closest to something they might accept from the Reds. Senzel is not unlike Reyes whom they got last year in the Bauer deal. Young bat with upside and question marks. But as pointed out, the Dodgers can provide the best match with ML ready talent including infielders.

    Seems Cleveland is trying again to deal Kluber rather than Lindor anyway.

  20. Likes:

    REDREAD (12-06-2019)

  21. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    172

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I would do that deal (Senzel + Lodollo for Lindor + young OF).
    I just have a feeling that there will be a bidding war and Cleveland will get more than that.
    Cleveland still has a pretty good core of talent, even if Lindor is dealt, I would guess that Cleveland wants more immediate help. But maybe Lindor is the first step of a teardown over the next 12-24 months.. I don't know.

    Senzel is not exactly immediate help. He could be, but if Cleveland wants to contend this year, they would need offense to replace Lindor and Puig. Maybe they have already made some transactions that I forgot about..

    Cleveland's front office is not looking to tear it down. Their goal is to continue to compete and be a contender. They are not considering a rebuild.

  22. Likes:

    REDREAD (12-06-2019)

  23. #45
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    32,414

    Re: Francisco Lindor

    I've started to really like the idea of going big and trading for both Francisco Lindor and Starling Marte. It's not ideal since money is what the Reds have more of now but nothing quite fills their exact needs like those two players do, and they'd have both of them for 2020 and 2021. I think from a starting point of one deal centered around Hunter Greene and one deal centered around Jonathan India you can throw in other names of both major leaguers (Winker, Aquino, Mahle) and prospects and possibly make something work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tribe Guy View Post
    Cleveland's front office is not looking to tear it down. Their goal is to continue to compete and be a contender. They are not considering a rebuild.
    Which is exactly why you guys could use affordable, productive players like Winker and Garrett to go with a prospect!
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  24. Likes:

    RedEye (12-09-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Kinsm | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator