SP- J. Vazquez
    SP- R. Wolf
    SP- B. Myers
    RP- E. Guardado
    RP- K. Foulke
    P- J. Pineiro
    P- T. Lilly
    DL- R. Johnson

O.k here's what I need help with. I'm debating on dropping Ted Lilly and picking up Troy Percival or Jason Isringhausen, both of whom are available as free agents in my league. If I do this I will have 3 solid closers and will be able to keep pace with other teams in my head to head league that have 3 closers. The other problem is that when the Unit comes off the DL in mid-June, I have to waive a player to make room for him. Who do I waive? I was going to waive Lilly to create the spot for the Unit, but if I pick up a closer, I'd have to waive one of my hitters.

Of my hitters, I'm really growing tired of Jose Cruz, Klesko, and Derrick Lee. All 3 seem to go into prolonged slumps and really hurt my team. I was thinking of doing a 2-1 trade with 2 of these 3 hitters to get a hitter back like Abreu or someone like that, who has a decent avg and some power. Who would you give up and who would you look to acquire in return. I could really use a hitter that has a .290+ average and drives in a lot of runs. Speed isn't really an issue in the hitter I get back as I have Dave Roberts to get all my SB's. Position doesn't really matter either as I will most likely use that player in my UTIL spot.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really not sure what to do and my team is sinking fast while I wait for players like Green, Klesko, Lee, Ramirez and Cruz to pick up the pace and play more like they are capable of.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Reports are that Percival is feeling fine and will come off the DL in a few days. Isringhausen's prognosis isn't that good. I'd dump Lilly for Percival.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

O.K, I have dumped Ted Lilly and picked up Troy Percival. Now for my next order of business. I need to clear a spot for Randy Johnson by about June 15th. So far, I have told one of the other owners that I would trade him 1B Derrick Lee and OF Jose Cruz for OF Gary Sheffield, or 1B Derrick Lee and C Jason Varitek for C Jorge Posada. Haven't heard back from him yet. Do those seem like fair trades? His first baseman is Paul Konerko and he has already stated that he wants to dump him.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Lee and Varitek for Posada would be highway robbery. I'd offer it to him and see how desperate he is. If he doesn't go for it, I'd think about offering Klesko and Varitek for Posada and another decent player.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'd wait a week or so. By the time Johnson is ready to come off the DL, you may have someone else that needs to go on the DL.

Cincy_Natty

Cruz or Lee

Cruz has been moved down to the eight spot in the Giants batting lineup. Down there he will not have near the on base percentage he had early in the season. My prediction is he will finish the season batting .230 to .240. I just recently dropped derek lee due to the number of strikeouts he was having. Although he has good power and will get you some stolen bases. Again he won't bat any higher than .250. I think Klesko has more fantasy value than the other two.

Turn Off Ads?