Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I need some opinions...

I need some opinions...

I have Woody Williams. A person that wants to trade with me has Matt Morris.

Both are having great seasons (but Woody has the edge right now).

Should I trade Williams for Morris?

And how much do you think I can get for Weaver?

Any help would be great.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I would trade Williams for Morris. Williams may have the better numbers now, but Morris is the ace. Williams has also been injury prone over the last few seasons, while Morris has remained healthy these last couple years.

As for a return on Weaver, probably not much at this point. You can either hang onto him and hope Contreras totally falls apart and they stick Weaver back into the rotation, or you can dump him now.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Cincy_Natty
    I would make the deal Morris for Williams. I agree with you that currently Williams has the edge with his 2.19 ERA compared to Morris with a 2.57 ERA. However in the longrun Morris will be of more fantasy value to you. Now about Weaver -- don't expect to get much if anything for him. In all of my leagues he is sitting on waivers. Since he lost his spot in the starting rotation he will have very little fantasy value. Hate to break it to you but your best bet is to drop him and get someone from waivers. Good luck on your season.

I've got to disagree with you guys on this. As much as I like Morris... IMO Williams will have better #'s at the end of the year. Williams has been consistantly awesome ever since he was traded to the Cards in August 2001. Prior to the game last night Woody's record since joining the Cards was 23-6 and a 2.35 ERA in his previous 39 starts (that's no small sample size). Morris is having a great year, and possibly his best, but Woody is lights out every time he goes to the mound. Woody is one of the most mentally toughest pitchers I've ever seen.

King Of The Hill: Woody Williams

Since the other guy is the one who proposed the trade, he must really want Williams, so make him sweeten the deal. Morris and another player for Williams.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 06-06-2003 at 12:58 PM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks for the opinions.

I'm still talking to the guy.

He is starting to add players to the deal after Woody's night last night. I could get a complete rip (The guys a rook).

:smokin:

If you can get Matt Morris and additional players... then that's a different story. I think that Woddy will end up with better numbers than Matt this year, but not by much.

Turn Off Ads?