Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easiest Parking???

A2000

Easiest Parking???

Coming in from Lexington.....

1.Get off at 5th St. Covington exit and park close to suspension bridge and walk across? Madison Ave?

2. Get off at 5th St.Covington exit and go down to Newport Levee and walk across?

3. Easier way to Newport Levee?

4. Take my chances on crossing the bridge and parking downtown cincy?

Thanks!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Seems lots of people here park at Fountain Sq.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

There is a shuttle that runs from hooters that is very popular and also theres is a ferry that runs from hooters that practically lets you off at the back gate, but if you like the walk, the best walk would be from Newport. To park downtown you are going to pay about ten bucks. I hope this helps. Enjoy the game.

We go to the Raddison. Park for free and take the shuttle for .50.
    Easy and fun! We are lazy.

There's a pedestrian bridge (The Purple People Bridge!) that goes from the Levee to about 6 blocks east of the GAB.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

A2000
    Is there an easy way to the Levee, Fountain Sq, or Radison? Any lots around the susp. bridge?

The Raddison is too far to walk. If you take the shuttle it drops you off right in front of GAB. The Raddison is a huge round hotel off of exit 192.

Originally posted by A2000
    Is there an easy way to the Levee, Fountain Sq, or Radison? Any lots around the susp. bridge?
    If you take I471(?) north from I275, get off at the last exit before the Ohio River. You will be about 3 blocks from the Levee.
    "People that frequent Internet forums resemble the cast of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest!" - C. J. Cregg, The West Wing

Can you park for free at the Raddison even if you don't have a room there?

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Or you could do what I did. Break your leg and ankle so badly that you have a handicap placard, then you get to park in the GAB garage with the players. :evilgrin:

Last time I went I was staying at the Raddison, but there is no ticket to put in your car or nothing so it's not checked. They have lots of spots. I wouldn't advertise you weren't staying there, but I think it's ok.
    Last edited by Reds1; 06-05-2003 at 11:07 AM.

Thanks, Reds1.

creek, I looked at the parking map at the Reds web site, and it just noted that one or two locations were handicapped drop-off locations or something like that. Is that not correct? So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Originally posted by Reds1
    Last time I went I was staying at the Readdison, but there is no ticket to put in your car or nothing so it's not checked. They have lots of spots. I wouldn't advertise you weren't staying there, but I think it's ok.
    There are a lot of places you can park around Covington and take the TANK ($.50 shuttle) of which Reds1 speaks. There is a stop in front of Willie's (park in Willie's lot, easy on and off from 75), the hotel just down the street from Willie's (forget the name) in front of the Marrott and Embasy Suites by the river, and there is a main terminal in downtown Covington (boy that's an oxymoron) where you pay a buck to park and 50 cents to ride. Very nice.

Originally posted by macro
    So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.
    Yeah, I park in that garage, too. You have to show your handicapped placard to get in. The cost is $10.

Originally posted by macro
    Thanks, Reds1.

creek, I looked at the parking map at the Reds web site, and it just noted that one or two locations were handicapped drop-off locations or something like that. Is that not correct? So you're saying that you get to park in the garage? How much does it cost? My wife is very pregnant and not very mobile, and she has been granted one of those tags until little Austin gets here.
    Yep, you can park in the garage. They see the tag and wave you right in. It's $10 but there are very easy entrances to the park, no lines, just walk right in. And if you waste a little time post game, you get to see all the boys drive out in their fine rides (park on the ground level for that.)

Hey TD, that sounds like a plan for Friday post game. :evilgrin:

And congrats on the upcoming event, but I think the name Adam would be a better choice...
    Last edited by creek14; 06-05-2003 at 11:00 AM.

Turn Off Ads?