Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A reminder of forum rules - everyone please read

A reminder of forum rules - everyone please read

Hi all,

I'll try to make this quick. With several new members joining the board recently, I felt now would be a good time to acquaint them with the rules, as well as to remind long time posters about some basic rules we have. Here are a few things off the top of my head:

1). I don't want to see anymore images (or text) posted that say something to the effect of 'This thread sucks' or 'This thread is worthless'. Your opinion is no more worthwhile than the poster who started the thread, so if you don't like the thread, hit the back button in your browser and move on.

2). Rule #4 (below) states that repeated use off edgy language will not be tolerated (read: swearing, since this is a family board). I'm not talking about minor offensives such as "damn", but I'm getting a little tired of seeing people "mask" words we don't allow (such as by saying "f*ck" or something similar). As far as I'm concerned, because of the context the word's being used in, this is no different than typing the word out itself, so don't do this anymore.

3). This applies more to a handful of posters instead of the majority, but some of you are getting incredibly sarcastic in your tone when responding to other posters (I don't mean to say that sarcasm is not allowed, but things like "Uhhh, no....that's worthless" isn't needed). Most of these people have been told about this in the past, but I want to post a reminder. I have no problems with people disagreeing (that's what the board is for) but do it in a rational, reasonable manner instead of constantly being overly-sarcastic.

4). This hasn't been too much of a problem, but if you do have a problem with another poster and think he/she may have it out for you, do not engage in drawn-out arguments on the board - most of us have no interest in seeing that kind of stuff. I would suggest contacting the other party via private message to see if the issue can be resolved between you two; if not, feel free to contact one of us and we'll see if we can be of any help.

In spite of these minor issues, things are running great...enjoy the board.

Boss

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thank you - I agree some peeps were getting out of control!
    "Don't blame me, I was put into this world, I didn't make it"

-2Pac Shakur

This was a stupid thread. :evilgrin:
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

PERJLM
    Does the reminder include posting tasteless pictures- I.E. B.Boone and Jr. being put in a picture with JFK just before he got killed?

Lord, I hope so!

Originally posted by JaxRed
    This was a stupid thread. :evilgrin:
    Uhh, noooo. :evilgrin:

Seriously, thanks for posting this reminder, Boss. I think it's a good idea to remind everyone of the rules every once in awhile.

If we had thought the picture you're referring to was a problem, it would have been removed and the poster warned about posting offensive material. I don't see it the same way you do, however.

From reading the majority of your 400 or so posts, I've definitely gotten the impression that you like playing devil's advocate on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with that, but I have a feeling if everyone else had found the picture offensive, you'd be posting why you saw nothing wrong with it...

Originally posted by PERJLM
    Does the reminder include posting tasteless pictures- I.E. B.Boone and Jr. being put in a picture with JFK just before he got killed?

Lord, I hope so!

That's it, Pill! You've had it out for me for too long now and I'm fed up!

So am I!

Who said that?

I did.

No, I did.

Did not.

Did, too!

Did not.

Did, too!

Not!

Rii-iii-gh-t.

Did yo uknow sarcasm in ancient Greek is defined as tearing of the flesh?

You don't say?

I do.

You don't.!

I do, too!

You can't type.

Can, too! It's just because my mind works ahead of my fingers and--

What mind?

That's not funny!

We tought it was!

We?

All of us.

Who's us?

Not telling.

You'd better or I'll run go tell Boss!

Will not!

Will, too.

Chicken!

Feeb!

Boring!

(GASP!)

F%&% you, you &*^&#*() ((#&@^)@ ()*#&@)_%&*!!!!

Well, *&#&#( )$8743830 907204959 939390 you, too!

PERJLM
    Originally posted by Boss-Hog
    If we had thought the picture you're referring to was a problem, it would have been removed and the poster warned about posting offensive material. I don't see it the same way you do, however.

From reading the majority of your 400 or so posts, I've definitely gotten the impression that you like playing devil's advocate on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with that, but I have a feeling if everyone else had found the picture offensive, you'd be posting why you saw nothing wrong with it...
    You are wrong, I find that picture totally tasteless! It saddens me most people on here don't have a problem with it.

However, this is your board,Boss. Run it as you like.

I had a problem with it, I just don't respond to most crap put on the board but now that the subject has been brought up, I didn't like it at all.

PERJLM
    Originally posted by 37red
    I had a problem with it, I just don't respond to most crap put on the board but now that the subject has been brought up, I didn't like it at all.
    Thanks 37red for backing me up!

I can't believe most people on here didn't have a problem with the picture, including the guy who runs the board.

Imagine how they would feel if I posted a picture of B.Boone and Jr. in a plane going into the World Trade Center?

I bet you anything I would have hell to pay if I did that!

Originally posted by PERJLM
    Thanks 37red for backing me up!

I can't believe most people on here didn't have a problem with the picture, including the guy who runs the board.

Imagine how they would feel if I posted a picture of B.Boone and Jr. in a plane going into the World Trade Center?

I bet you anything I would have hell to pay if I did that!
    So much for your last word on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Unlike PERJLAM, this actually will be my last word on the subject. The picture was allowable because a). the intent of the picture and b). the context it was used in - I think that much was obvious to the vast majority of us. As far as I'm concerned, it's not even in the same ball park as what PERJLAM describes and that's why I didn't have a problem with it.

I can't believe you can't see the difference between showing people in a plane going into the WTC.

JFK conspiracy theories have become a part of American folklore and has become the subject of countless comedic sketches. Once upon a time, it might have been appropriate, but it has become a part of our culture.

Lighten up!
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2/09/07
    Last edited by Ga_Red; 02-09-2007 at 03:37 AM.

Turn Off Ads?