Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TJ Friedl Set For Rehab Assignment With Louisville

Re: TJ Friedl Set For Rehab Assignment With Louisville

I'm guessing when Marte returns, he goes back to 3B with Candelario taking over 2B until McLain returns, and then there's a decision to make, but there's no gaurantee McLain returns at all in 2024.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    I'm guessing when Marte returns, he goes back to 3B with Candelario taking over 2B until McLain returns, and then there's a decision to make, but there's no gaurantee McLain returns at all in 2024.
    With a shoulder surgery there's not guarantee that McClain is every what he was. I'd shut him down and make sure it heals over hurrying him back.

He's an elite Defender from everything I've seen. I don't need to see any more than what he's already shown. Anyone who can play SS and 3B as good as he can easily can handle 2B equally well. There isn't any player currently getting regular at-bats from the REDS who is as good as Marte Defensively at 3B, SS or 2B. 2B is McLain's job when he gets back. 3B is Marte's job. SS is Elly's job. Arroyo's bad injury probably cost him any future Starting job for the REDS as Marte, McLain and Elly will lay their foundations for the only available spots.
    Marte’s OAA for Reds at third was -2, his FPCT .926, UZR/150 at -13.5. In the minors, he made 72 errors over over 289 games at short or third.

He may be a very good fielder some day, but I’m not sure that I’d describe him as elite.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-12-2024 at 10:25 PM.

TJ Friedl Set For Rehab Assignment With Louisville

He's an elite Defender from everything I've seen. I don't need to see any more than what he's already shown. Anyone who can play SS and 3B as good as he can easily can handle 2B equally well. There isn't any player currently getting regular at-bats from the REDS who is as good as Marte Defensively at 3B, SS or 2B. 2B is McLain's job when he gets back. 3B is Marte's job. SS is Elly's job. Arroyo's bad injury probably cost him any future Starting job for the REDS as Marte, McLain and Elly will lay their foundations for the only available spots.
    I think you’re vastly overestimating Marte’s defensive prowess. If he was a better SS than ELDC the Reds would never have moved him to 3b. They’d have moved ELDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    School's out. What did you expect?

6. Likes:

mth123 (05-13-2024),RiverRat13 (05-13-2024),Tuff Nut (05-13-2024)

Turn Off Ads?