Turn Off Ads?

Thread: O.k. REALLY need help here..new deal being discussed...

O.k. REALLY need help here..new deal being discussed...

Here is my team:

C Varitek
    1B Klesko
    2B Durham
    3B A. Ramirez
    SS Garciaparra
    OF B. Giles
    OF L. Gonzalez
    OF S. Green
    UT O. Cabrera
    UT G. Jenkins
    UT J. Gibbons
    Bench: D. Lee
    Bench: A. Huff

SP M. Prior
    SP J. Schmidt
    SP R. Wolf
    SP J. Vazquez
    SP J. Pineiro
    RP E. Guardado
    RP K. Foulke
    P R. Franklin
    P T. Percival

DL R. Johnson

That is my team as of now. An owner approached me about Troy Percival. He is wanting to trade me 3B Eric Chavez and RP Ugueth Urbina for Percival. I really like Chavez, but don't like Urbina. If I made a Percival for Chavez trade, I would have to cut someone for my offense to pick up a pitcher until the Unit comes back. When the Unit comes back, I could drop Franklin and pick up Isringhausen, Julio, DeJean and pick another offensive player back up.

Also, another owner asked me if I'd be interested in trading Derrek Lee and Ray Durham for Jose Vidro. Not sure about this one. If I did them both, I'd be ok as far as numbers go...

So, if I do both trades I'm looking at:

C Varitek
    1B Klesko
    2B Vidro
    3B Chavez
    SS Nomar
    OF B. Giles
    OF L. Gonzalez
    OF S. Green
    UT O. Cabrera
    UT G. Jenkins
    UT J. Gibbons
    Bench: A. Ramirez
    Bench: A. Huff

SP M. Prior
    SP J. Schmidt
    SP R. Wolf
    SP J. Vazquez
    SP J. Pineiro
    RP K. Foulke
    RP E. Guardado
    P R. Franklin
    P U. Urbina

DL R. Johnson

Is that a better team? What should I do? Any other suggestions on other trades I could look at would be appreciated...

Other trade ideas I've explored but haven't gotten an Ok on....

Trade Percival, Gibbons, and R. Durham for Urbina, Griffey, and Soriano.

Trade Derrek Lee and Shawn Green for Jason Giambi.

Trade Percival and ??? (hitter, most likely A. Ramirez) for E. Chavez and Odalis Perez.

Any of those sound like moves that I should definately make.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-30-2003 at 12:35 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I would probably do the Chavez/Urbina for Percival deal. Percival is your 3rd closer, and as long as Urbina keeps getting save opportunities, he won't be that much of a downgrade. Plus I think Chavez is a big upgrade over Ramirez at 3B.

May I ask what the standings are in your league? What place are you in?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Here are the standings:

Rank Team Name W-L-T Win % Games Back
    1 Centerville BrewCrew 136-105-35 .556 -
    2 Oaktown Dirt Dogs 143-115-18 .551 1.5
    3 SR Rejects 132-109-35 .542 4
    4 Rickys Renegades 131-117-28 .525 8.5
    5 Nasty Boys 131-120-25 .520 10
    6 Your Dayton Grackles 129-122-25 .513 12
    7 Murphs Machine 120-129-27 .484 20
    8 Bulldogs 111-133-32 .460 26.5
    9 Let Pete In 99-136-41 .433 34
    10 Germantown Gunners 100-146-30 .417 38.5

I am the Oaktown Dirt Dogs in 2nd place. Hopefully after some trades and with the Unit coming back I will dominate the second half. The Percival trade is with the Bulldogs.

Derrek Lee is driving me crazy. I hate to just outright drop him, but nobody wants him in a trade and I don't really have a use for him. I think that Chavez is an upgrade as well. Should I trade Percival for Chavez and Urbina? Or should I try to get another pitcher back in return. He has Mussina, Chacon, Loiza that he probably wouldn't part with. He also has Sabathia, Odalis Perez, Jae Sao, and Borowski that he might part with. Maybe if I included Aramis Ramirez in the trade I could get Odalis or Sao back instead of Urbina, but should I do that, or just stick with Urbina? What other players on my roster would you be willing to drop. There are some attractive players on the F.A. list like Eric Byrnes, Marcus Giles, Trot Nixon, Richard Hidalgo, and Morgan Ensberg I just can't seem to create any roster space to add them.

If I do the Percival for Chavez and Urbina trade, should I drop Ramirez or Lee?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-27-2003 at 12:15 PM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Originally posted by Red Leader
    If I do the Percival for Chavez and Urbina trade, should I drop Ramirez or Lee?
    I would drop Lee.

Available F.A's in my league

1B:

Wes Helms
    Tino Martinez
    Robert Fick
    Doug Mienkiewicz
    Mark Teixeira
    Scott Hatteberg

3B:

Morgan Ensberg
    Wes Helms
    Chris Stynes
    Mark Teixeira
    Ty Wigginton
    Jose Valentin
    Joe Randa
    Adrian Beltre
    Edgardo Alfonzo

As you can see there is a LOT more depth and potential at 3B. Teixeira is the ONLY 1B I would pick up out of that group. Would you still suggest dropping Derrek Lee?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I wouldn't drop Lee, and Huff also qualifies at first doesn't he?

I would get Huff in, Klesko's #'s aren't great. Hidalgo is on fire. Get him. No way you get Soriano with what you offered. At least if it was me.

I wouldn't drop Franklin either, he is pitching great. But with your staff, it is a tough decision.

See if you can add Ramirez or Lee to the deal and get the other guy to upgrade Urbina to Borowski. Try Percival and Lee/Ramirez for Chavez and Borowski.

If he won't go for that, stick with Percival for Urbina and Chavez, and dump Lee. Isn't Huff eligible at 1B?

Also, I love the name "Your Dayton Grackles". I'd like to use that name on my website. Could you ask the owner if it's okay?

Here's the link:

http://www.spitter.com/spitter_fanta..._%206-4-03.htm
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

On my roster,

Gibbons, Klesko, Lee and Huff qualify at 1B.

Klesko's numbers on the season aren't great, but I have a feeling he's getting ready to go into one of those .450 with 6 HR and 20 RBI streaks of his in a week.

I don't have any room for Hidalgo. If I did, I'd add him. Same with Marcus Giles, even though he is slumping right now. I could drop / trade Urbina possibly when the Unit comes off the DL and keep Franklin, I guess but I'd rather have 3 closers. I'm trying to package Derrek Lee and Ray Durham for an upgrade at 2B, but can't find any takers so far. ..the Soriano deal was predictably laughed at.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Owner said that he just got another trade offer of

He gives: Edgar Martinez, Ken Griffey and Urbina

He gets: Smoltz

I have to decide quick.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd be careful with Borowski though, there is still a possibility that Alfonseca gets that job back in the second half.

The other owner just agreed to the trade of:

DH Edgar Martinez, OF Ken Griffey, Jr, and RP Ugueth Urbina for RP John Smoltz.

He said that he still wants to do the Chavez deal and would deal Chavez / Borowski for Percival. Should I go ahead and do that?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yes, do it. JoBo is going to be closing for the Cubs for the rest of the season.

Other owner now wants Schmidt for Chavez, I told him to forget it. No way am I going to give up Schmidt, Prior, Vazquez, Wolf, Pineiro, or Johnson without getting a complete STUD SP back in return. I expect these 6 starters to dominate other teams SP's in the second half. BTW, I dropped Franklin and picked up Ramon Ortiz, who has rattled off 5 straight wins. Beckett is still available.

Another owner in my league asked me about this trade, would you do it?

I would send: RP Eddie Guardado and OF Geoff Jenkins

I would get: 3B Mike Lowell and SP/RP Byung Hyun Kim.

Is that a good deal for me? I'd be losing Guardado, but I'd still have Foulke / Percival as my #1 and #2 closers. If Kim doesn't move to the closer in Boston, I could always drop him for Isringhausen or Josh Beckett. Good move for me?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-30-2003 at 12:36 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I do it just for Lowell. So I would say yes it is.

Turn Off Ads?