Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

I have to say I'm not jumping hoops over this trade. It isn't like we picked up Castillo from the Marlins. I wonder how much of an upgrade Jimenez will be with Castro and Olmedo playing second base? Add to that Freel who is back playing at Louisville.

Of course, if the Reds don't end this four-game losing streak by putting it to Houston come this week, it won't matter who we acquire.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Originally posted by Krusty
    I have to say I'm not jumping hoops over this trade. It isn't like we picked up Castillo from the Marlins. I wonder how much of an upgrade Jimenez will be with Castro and Olmedo playing second base? .
    I've already posted what kind of upgrade Jimenez is over Castro.

Would you like me to also figure out what kind of upgrade he is over Olmedo?

I doubt Jimenez will have that much of an impact which will turn this club around.

Plus, they don't have to worry about him bolting as soon as the season ends.

This is the type of deal that Bowden needs to make a more frequent occurrence. This guy is going to be a good, cheap fit for a few years.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Speaking of hoops, Jimenez will run circles around anything Castro or Olmedo can bring to this team.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Telephone Sanitizer
    I doubt Jimenez will have that much of an impact which will turn this club around.
    Do you really think Babe Ruth circa 1921 would be enough to turn this club around?

Once again, the Reds trade for a player based on money. Just once, I wish a trade was made on talent and talent only.

Talent, this guy has more talent than any MI likely in the system.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

If he is so talented, why did the White Sox give him the boot and trade for Roberto Alomar in a rental trade?

I wish a trade was made on talent and talent only.
    No you want a giant 1950's circa 15 person, 3 team trade that spits out 650,00 threads and responses.

Sorry...... those days are gone, Frank Lane is dead.

Grab at the scraps and make due.

Not to mention the Yankees and the Padres...

Once again, the Reds trade for a player based on money. Just once, I wish a trade was made on talent and talent only.
    He's talented, and he's cheap. What is wrong with that? You'd rather have a slap hitting, expensive (in what we'd give up) 2B that will walk at the end of the year? He's worlds better than Castro. I just don't get it.

If he is so damn good, why did the White Sox acquire Alomar?

The same white sox that gave up Kip Wells and Josh Fogg? That team? That group of talent evaluators?

This was the ultimate in buy low from JB.
    Last edited by KYRedsFan; 07-06-2003 at 04:41 PM.
    Peter Griffin

Telephone Sanitizer
    If he is so damn good, why did the White Sox acquire Alomar?
    Because Kenny Williams is not exactly a high-quality Major League GM.

Or maybe the White Sox felt that by going after a "big name" player, more fans would show up to the game.

Alomar's OPS:
    2002: .707
    2003: .704

Jimenez's OPS:
    2002: .677
    2003: .742

Please show me how having Alomar is demonstrably better than having Jimenez, especially when including their differences in salary.

Turn Off Ads?