Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reds acquired Jimenez from White Sox

In exchange for Scott Dunn. Just announced on the broadcast.

Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

They just mentioned that the Reds traded minor leaguer Scott Dunn for Jimenez from the White Sox and he will take WMP spot on the roster
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 07-06-2003 at 01:39 PM.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Scott Dunn traded for D'Jiminez

The people who predicted this one were right on.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Telephone Sanitizer
    Wow. I'm very happy about this. I've been a fan of Jimenez's for awhile, and after the White Sox designated him for assignment I was trying to figure out what teams would try to get him. For some reason the Reds never crossed my mind, but considering their need for a second baseman it should've been pretty obvious. I like this move a lot.

Sure...not much to lose here.
    **I'm just throwing the world curve balls.**

Click here for FalconBlog

Hey Jax,
    Do you have a link for a thread on that? I've been away from the board for the last few days. I couldn't find a thread about Jiminez anywhere.

Interesting bit on him on BP last week.

Maybe we should keep him away from Felo when/if he returns?

==========================================
    Postscript: The Sox designated Jimenez for assignment Wednesday, a move that appears to make little sense. Even assuming he wasn't going to play much in the wake of the Alomar pickup, he had value as insurance, as a part-time third baseman and top-notch backup infielder. Jimenez was an unpopular player in San Diego, however, and as well as he played for the Sox, didn’t endear himself to this set of teammates either, which was clearly a factor in this decision. Whether this warrants removing him from the roster is a difficult thing to know from the outside.

Williams has 10 days to turn Jimenez into something the Sox can use. Given the number of teams he'd help at either middle infield position, he should be in good position to extract talent for Jimenez. The questions about the infielder's interpersonal skills, and the industry's overwhelming reluctance to acquire players with lousy reps, may keep Williams from getting value for him.

http://premium.baseballprospectus.co...articleid=2063

D'Angelo Jimenez, 25 yrs old, Switch hitting, leadoff hitter, 2B who plays 3rd and SS also, $345,000

271 AB
    11 DBL
    5 TPL
    7 HR
    26 RBI
    32 BB
    46 K
    4 SB
    3 CS
    .255 AVG
    .332 OBP
    .410 SLG
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 07-06-2003 at 01:54 PM.

I'm not crazy about this trade at first glance. What does Jiminez give us that we don't have?

He's a light hitting, erratic fielding MI that is out of options and appears to be on the verge of being Arb eligible.
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 07-06-2003 at 01:35 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Unless the Reds are planing another trade this makes little since. Olmeda is doing the job. Jimenez has a poor track record. and he is not a SS but a second baseman third baseman type. Now Scott Dunn is nothing special, but I just don't see that this helps us at all. Basically we traded Scott Dunn for someone the White Sox was willing to release.

The curious part to me is that I just assumed with Wily Mo going on the DL, that White would be called up, but with the trade for Jimenez and I believe I saw on here somewhere that White went to AAA for rehab, who is going to go when White's rehab assignment is over??? Reith?? Doesnt he still have options??

Originally posted by LexingtonRedsFan
    The curious part to me is that I just assumed with Wily Mo going on the DL, that White would be called up, but with the trade for Jimenez and I believe I saw on here somewhere that White went to AAA for rehab, who is going to go when White's rehab assignment is over??? Reith?? Doesnt he still have options??
    Reistma will probably be heading to the DL. My question is, what happens when Merker comes back?

Originally posted by wolfboy
    Hey Jax,
    Do you have a link for a thread on that? I've been away from the board for the last few days. I couldn't find a thread about Jiminez anywhere.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...hlight=jimenez

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...hlight=jimenez
    Last edited by CougarQuest; 07-06-2003 at 01:44 PM.

Thanks CQ!

Why trade for the guy when he will probably be available as a waiver pickup later this week. Why trade any pitching for another run of the mill middle infielder? WHY?

Turn Off Ads?