Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

There's absolutely no desire in those dull eyes. Go ahead and look for yourself.

Wow a real zombie!!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Originally posted by Arschloch
    Let me guess: you're a scout for the Reds.
    No, but I'd be more than willing to provide them with physiognomic readings for a (small) fee.

You wouldn't believe what Casey's features reveal to the discerning eye.

And where was that picture of woy?
    Last edited by malcontent; 07-07-2003 at 12:44 AM.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Originally posted by Krusty
    I doubt Jimenez will have that much of an impact which will turn this club around.
    True, Krusty, D'Jimmeniz is not an impact player, but they basically got him for free. (Scott Dunn will struggle to even make the majors, IMO).

I agree with Raisor that D'Jimmenez immediately becomes our best option to start at 2b.

If we ever get a real 2b in the future, D'Jimmenez can settle in the utility role and maybe, just maybe Bowden will
    resist the urge to give Castro another long term contract.

Worst case, D'Jimminez strengthens the bench at virtually no cost. Even if he bombs, it's not like he cost us anything
    significant (IMO).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Originally posted by REDREAD
    If we ever get a real 2b in the future...
    we have two real ones now: Jiminez and Lopez. It's a nice situation

now for a closer and an ace...

PERJLM
    Why does this thread have 4 pages? Jimenez will be a bench player. It was a stupid a-- trade that Bowden did to say ''Hey I made a move!''

I'm so tired of you being critical of nearly everything - if you don't like it here, and have nothing to add but criticisms, I'd be more than happy to send you links to other Reds forums that you might enjoy better.

Boss

Originally posted by PERJLM
    Why does this thread have 4 pages? Jimenez will be a bench player. It was a stupid a-- trade that Bowden did to say ''Hey I made a move!''

I agree PEARL. I AM STILL PISSED , I thought pitching was 1-2-3 in NEEDS ....a never has been INF doesnt help this team one bit!!!:mad:
    "Don't blame me, I was put into this world, I didn't make it"

-2Pac Shakur

Originally posted by pete rose 4ever
    I agree PEARL. I AM STILL PISSED , I thought pitching was 1-2-3 in NEEDS ....a never has been INF doesnt help this team one bit!!!:mad:
    it'll help, at least in the fact that he'll take AB's away from Black Hole Juan Castro.

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    When they call FeLo back up, we can have the All-Samsonite middle infield.
    I nominate this for Line of the Year for RedsZone 2003!

Yeah FeLo and his 1 ERROR per game he plays stat is AWESOME. Havent seen this type of shorrtstop play FOREVER!!
    "Don't blame me, I was put into this world, I didn't make it"

-2Pac Shakur

Why does this thread have 4 pages?
    Always asking the big questions eh?

I sent an e-mail to Hal McCoy after the Roberto Alomar trade when I first read that the Sox were going to designate Jimenez for assignment and told him if he talked to Tim Naehring, Jim Bowden or whoever that they should offer a minor league arm to the Sox, who had just lost a bunch of minor league arms in the trade to the Mets, for JImenez.

It happened.

The reasons I wanted the Reds to acquire Jimenez were fairy simple.

1) he's cheap
    2) he's talented
    3) he plays multiple positions (2B, SS, 3B)
    4) he's young, and still improving
    5) he can hit lead off
    6) on days when Larkin sits, you put Olmedo at SS and Jimenez at 2B and lead off, and put Castro back on the bench. This makes the team stronger, IMO.
    7) When Larkin starts, you can give Boone a day off and play Jimenez at 3B, you can give Olmedo a day of and play him at SS. All of which are better options than starting Castro.
    8) It gives you flexibility in other deals. If someone wants Felipe or Olmedo, you can now move them without leaving a gaping hole.

For those that say that pitching is our #1 priority and don't understand why we aquired a middle infielder, I say this: There are plenty of teams looking for pitching right now. Pitching is hard to acquire (decent pitchers, that is) because teams are reluctant to trade them. I agree that pitching should be our #1 priority but does that mean that you shouldn't make ANY deals until you get pitching....NO!!! Jimenez was available and fit the Reds needs, a lead off hitter, who can play 2B/SS/3B and is cheap and talented. He wouldn't have cleared waivers, so you have to go get him before someone else does. The Reds did and I am really happy about it. Jim Bowden knows they need pitching, I'm sure he works on getting it everyday. But that doesn't mean that should be the ONLY thing he does. His job is to improve this team, and with this move, I feel that he did, without giving up much in return, IMO. That's a good trade.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Does anybody here actually think that a career minor league reliever will help us more than a quick middle infielder with 4 years experience. This was a great move and will help us now and in the future. All I have heard over the last few years on this site is how we want a leadoff hitting middle infielder. Now we have one and he is cheap, plus we gave up nothing for him. Get a grip and enjoy baseball instead of being a bunch cry babies about every move the Reds make.

PERJLM
    Originally posted by Boss-Hog
    I'm so tired of you being critical of nearly everything - if you don't like it here, and have nothing to add but criticisms, I'd be more than happy to send you links to other Reds forums that you might enjoy better.

Boss
    Boss,
    I am sorry, it's a vaild question. How is this trade going to help the Reds win the division? It won't, man!

How are my comments different from the threads, Jim Bowden-Time to go, Carl Linder is satan, or What did you all except,etc?

This team is going no where as long as the management team is in place, don't you agree?

It's time for people to accept the fact.

Originally posted by PERJLM
    I am sorry, it's a vaild question. How is this trade going to help the Reds win the division?

How are my comments different from the threads, Jim Bowden-Time to go, Carl Linder is satan, or What did you all except,etc?
    Am I the only one that sees the irony in this comment?
    Last edited by MWM; 07-07-2003 at 11:39 AM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?