Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

I did check his stats. He's only given up 3 homers all year. And obviously he has not been mediocre in relief.

Well over 1 strikeout per inning, well under 1 hit per inning. I assume White Sox were given a choice of several minor leaguers. I can see why they chose Dunn.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 07-06-2003 at 02:49 PM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.
    According to BA. Dunn was one of our lowest rated prospects out of 60 graded.

Great addition, immediately the team's starting 2B.
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

"According to BA. Dunn was one of our lowest rated prospects out of 60 graded."

And Basham is one of the highest. They are done before the season. In the meantime, Basham has fallen apart and Dunn has had a great year.

I can see why they would want him. When I was talking to the scout from Milwaukee earlier this year he thought very highly of Dunn.

Originally posted by KYRedsFan
    Great addition, immediately the team's starting 2B.
    Pic just quoted Bowden saying he's the 25th man on the roster, and that it doesn't change Castro or Rey's status.

Originally posted by RFS62
    Pic just quoted Bowden saying he's the 25th man on the roster, and that it doesn't change Castro or Rey's status.
    If Bowden was quoted, that means his lips were moving.... :evilgrin:
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Originally posted by KYRedsFan
    If Bowden was quoted, that means his lips were moving.... :evilgrin:
    Good point.

Originally posted by RFS62
    Good grief.

Jimenez is so much better then Castro, it makes my head spin thinking about it.

Sounds like the Reds are going to use him as a 25 th player which seems odd cause he's better than Castro or Rany.

Seems to be a good defender at 2nd, looks like he struggles a little at SS.

Castro is a sink hole offensively.

Jax: had no clue that Dunn's numbers were that good. You probalby saw him pitch --does he throw hard or does he have a good breaking ball out pitch?

At first glance it seems to be a very even trade....

Bowden just paying a little respect for the servicable job Castro has done this year. He's an impossible start over Jimenez, just don't do it.
    Peter Griffin

Seen him pitch several times. He's a fireballer. Control has always been his issue. He's mostly tamed it as his walks have come way down.

As Couger pointed out, 6 WP's indicates he still has to face the demons.

This is actually his third year in AA. And his best by far.

I've talked to him several times and he is really a good guy. Hope this works out well for him.

Right, I forgot, a 3.79 era is dominating in your book. As a closer in his 3rd season, I would expect more than that if he were a true prospect. He might not be prone to giving up the longball but he must be prone to giving up the big hit considering his hits allowed is low.

Anytime you can get a player whom will contribute in the majors for a guy in his 3rd year of AA, there is no pause.

I've propped Dunn for a bullpen role for a long, LONG time. Since the Reds finally moved him there at the end of last year, he's done OK

but righty reliever is a strength in the organization, and Dunn's never going to have the mechanics to close. In trade, he lands an organization weakness: a middle infielder with leadoff potential? Sweet.

BTW, I seem to recall Jiminez suffering a terrible injury a few years ago that almost cost him his career... let's put the google-searchers on that case

On July 5th, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the Cards were actively interested in getting Jimenez from the White Sox.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I read on another board that Jimenez's batting average was in the .290s for April and May. In June his BA was around .190 and that pulled his overall BA down to .255. He use to be thought of as a can't miss prospect, good fielder at second and third, very strong arm, good speed, can play 3 positions in the infield & has a low $$ contract.
    Way to go Jimbo, lets see what he can do!!! Now lets sign Dustin H. to a contract.
    Last edited by Colorado Red; 07-06-2003 at 03:59 PM.

Turn Off Ads?