Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Reds Trade Scott Dunn for D'Angelo Jimenez

Oh, I think he made up for that ill-advised Todd Richie trade. He since acquired Bartolo Colon, Alomar and Carl Everitt.

If Jim Bowden made those deals, we would be proclaiming him as a god about now.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    If Jim Bowden made those deals, we would be proclaiming him as a god about now
    Maybe some would, certainly others wouldn't.

Which camp would you be in?

At least the White Sox are trying to win. It is better than seeing anything from this organization. Cellular Field isn't near as nice as a ballpark as Great American but that isn't stopping Jerry Reinsdorf from trying to win the division.

Of course, Lindner is a businessman and not a baseball fan.

At least the White Sox are trying to win. It is better than seeing anything from this organization. Cellular Field isn't near as nice as a ballpark as Great American but that isn't stopping Jerry Reinsdorf from trying to win the division.
    Hey the Mets "were trying to win" and so were the Rockies when they signed "Hampton and Neagle"

"Trying to win" is a pretty wide brush to paint the subject with, there are lots of ways to "try and win", fact is recent history suggests that loading up with high priced, talent on the downward slope of their career is a poor way to try and win.

BTW is this the same Reinsdorf who was taken to task in 1997 when he had that firesale?

Yeah... he's a hero....... oh and isn't that AS game in his park this year? Didn't his fans attack two different participants these past 2 seasons?

He better work on fan goodwill, or his pocketbook is going to feel it.

Jiminez has been Luis Castillo-lite this season, so far.

Here's how they stack up

Salary:
    DJ: 345K
    Castillo: 4.85-M

Plate Apperances:
    DJ 308
    LC 369

Runs Created
    DJ 37.9
    LC 53.2

RC/27
    DJ 4.81
    LC 5.84

Batting Average
    DJ .255
    LC: 320

OBP
    LC 379
    DJ 332

SLG
    LC 411
    DJ 410

OPS
    LC 790
    DJ 742

Runs
    LC 55
    DJ 35

Doubles
    LC 9
    DJ 11

Triples
    LC 3
    DJ 5

Home Runs
    DJ 7
    LC 5

RBI
    DJ 26
    LC 24

Extra Base Hits
    DJ 23
    LC 17

Walks
    DJ 32
    LC 31

Strike Outs
    DJ 46
    LC 26

Castillo's been significantly better, BUT he makes 4.5 Mil more a year.

I like the deal

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    The Reds will score an additional run about every three games with Jimenez in the lineup instead of Juan Castro.

4.84 rc/27 Jimenez
    2.55 rc/27 Castro

Those who don't see a big difference in their offensive stats aren't looking at the right stats.

So why don't I love this trade to death?

If hearsay means anything, the guy is lazy and a bad teammate.

"He's the laziest teammate I've ever played with—that's 10 years," Ryan Klesko told the San Diego Union-Tribune. "The kid has no desire. What can you do? He didn't want to work."

So why bring in this guy unless he's going to start? It's one thing to have a clubhouse cancer if he's producing. But I don't see the point of bringing this guy in as a backup.

Anyone from Chicago have any qualitative analysis on why his stats went so far south in June?
    Stick to your guns.

The lineup that should be on the field tomorrow evening:

1. Jiminez 2B
    2. Larkin SS
    3. Guillen RF
    4. Kearns CF (only because he isn't on the DL)
    5. Boone 3B
    6. Dunn LF
    7. Casey 1B
    8. Stinnett C

Another good point is by trading for Jimenez to help our MI situation, Jimbo can concentrate on getting some help at our starting pitching stiuation!!! Jimenez can play 3 infield positions, he might make a good leadoff hitter and he doesn't make a lot of $$. I wish he would be a better base stealer.

Larkin contract is over at the end of the season. Will he be back next season at a much smaller contract? Maybe we can trade Castro to a playoff team who needs help to get rid of his contract.

Jimbo now is the time for a good starting pitcher!!

Originally posted by cincinnati chili
    So why don't I love this trade to death?

If hearsay means anything, the guy is lazy and a bad teammate.

Thank goodness the Reds have Casey to give him a hug! That's probably all that's been missing!

Another guy with baggage......great.

Originally posted by Krusty
    Another guy with baggage......great.
    When they call FeLo back up, we can have the All-Samsonite middle infield.

Again, I don't mind the baggage if he's starting and helping the team win. I just don't see the point of a lazy, ingrate backup. Start him or trade him (now I sound like Jose Guillen).
    Stick to your guns.

Originally posted by Raisor
    Thank goodness the Reds have Casey to give him a hug! That's probably all that's been missing!

Raisor, I know you're just being funny (sort of). But do you really put no creedence at all in what Chili said?

Originally posted by RFS62
    Raisor, I know you're just being funny (sort of). But do you really put no creedence at all in what Chili said?
    I have no clue if Jimenez is a badguy or not. Klesko, when he was in Atlanta was a so called problem too, so who knows?

As long as a guy isn't doing illegal stuff, it doesn't bother me too much either way..

PSR

Originally posted by Raisor
    I have no clue if Jimenez is a badguy or not. Klesko, when he was in Atlanta was a so called problem too, so who knows?

As long as a guy isn't doing illegal stuff, it doesn't bother me too much either way..

PSR
    For what it's worth, 62, unless Scott Dunn can be a major league stud reliever (which looks doubtful), I think that Jimenez is worth the risk. The Reds aren't going anywhere unless they improve their run deficit. It's not like they're a first-place team and they're inviting a fly into the ointment. Like the White Sox dealing with the devil (e.g. Carl Everett), the Reds have nothing to lose except money. This trade costs us very little money, so I say why not.

But I'm not going to jump for joy, given the fact that two organizations in the past 12 months have unloaded this guy with bad things to say about him.
    Stick to your guns.

"So Fla Red"
    Originally posted by Krusty

Of course, Lindner is a businessman and not a baseball fan.
    Wow this is a first, praise for Jerry Reinsdorf as a man who wants to win out of the goodness of his heart!

BTW, nothing wrong with this deal. Won't set the world on firem but this organization needs some depth at MI and giving up Scott Dunn isn't going to matter much. Getting a cheap MI wtih an eye for walks and a little pop isn't a bad thing. Scott Dunn won't help the big club in 2003 (and likely beyond) and Jimenez is about 3X better than Juan Castro -- again showing the folly of the Dictator's multi-year LTC :thumbdn:

Chili -- Love the "All-Samsonite" line
    Last edited by oregonred; 07-06-2003 at 05:46 PM.

Turn Off Ads?